RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

Just now, MarlinTheMagician said:

Eddie must be the "at least one teammate" that Beane said he checked in with about Josh's stupid tweets.  Good to see this.  Please delete Mr. Allen's Twitter account.

I know they also talked to at least Lesean McCoy and Lorenzo Alexander too (as Beane said so). 

38 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

I'm glad ur not the GM!! your not a scout, please tell us where and how u got your info to make such a bold statement?? 

We're waiting....

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why you think this, any reason why you do? 

Pegulas sports ignorant. The guy doesn't have a clue. 

Nothing concrete to be honest. Josh Allen himself mentioned today that he met with the Pegula's for dinner. They met him for a private workout. 

Just sounds like they met him and fell in love with the typical "good kid, work ethic, strong arm" stuff we've been hearing. 

I could be wrong and i hope i am. I just can't think of a QB that has overcome some of the issues he has(accuracy, poor production) and become a franchise QB. 

27 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Then why didn't he go #1? 

Maybe Beane asked him why none of his teammates went to his 21st birthday party.

XS5LK.gif

Still pissed they didnt make it in buffalo but was a damn good movie.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

are you watching the same draft... or are you watching animal planet

48 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

What current poster are you?

Why are you afraid to use your primary account?

Terrible first thread.

Terrible first post.

I went back and watched some of the games that have some really bad stat lines, and was completely surprised.  His WRs are truly awful.  I didn't want to apologize for this kid, but he had a 9 completion game where he threw for 92 yards, and you can tell he's a great QB.  It shouldn't make sense, but it's true.

37 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Nothing wrong with the take. Just after so many repetitive post it gets redundant. We know a lot of people didn't like the pick. 

SDS is really dropping the ball. Cmon mods merge all this lol.

52 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad about it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

So we traded up to 7, gave away two 2nds, for a guy WHO CAN'T EVEN PLAY HIS FIRST YEAR??  

Are you high?

Not at all. AJ will do all of the things that Tyrod will not. Three and outs will go down but third and 15 conversions will go down too. We are just as good as last year with AJ as opposed to Taylor. Allen is the franchise QB of the future not now. let him sit and trust me I know this is killing me not having a pic right now but we have 9 next year. Say no to Rosen instead of drugs bruh

25 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Did someone say through the ball a mile!?

latest?cb=20120117222806

Man where did you find that dope ass shot of Peterman on Halloween...awesome. Oh and it's "threw" btw

Edited by Threedollabills

44 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Then why was Rosen the 4th QB taken?

How can you say why was rosen taken 4th when Tom Brady went in the 6th round and JaMarcus Russel went first overall !@#$ does it matter who went where

If you know how to read the Jets overpaid more then any team every but that doesn't mean we didnt over pay as well...Have any of y'all seen a Josh Allen game? Any of you? And please tell me stastically who Josh Allen compares to coming out of college in recent years and then tell me one QB that is a starting NFL QB who came out with the same stats. And he did great in the senior bowl? He wasn't even the best QB stat wise in the senior bowl n he played the most time Kyle Luletta out played him...so do any of you talking actually know wtf you are talking about who are deep throating Allen or do you just believe the hype...Like i said i hope he turns out great but history says he won't 

13 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Nothing concrete to be honest. Josh Allen himself mentioned today that he met with the Pegula's for dinner. They met him for a private workout. 

Just sounds like they met him and fell in love with the typical "good kid, work ethic, strong arm" stuff we've been hearing. 

I could be wrong and i hope i am. I just can't think of a QB that has overcome some of the issues he has(accuracy, poor production) and become a franchise QB. 

Now we know why Russ Brandon was in the war room. He held Beane in a head lock until he agreed to take Allen.

13 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

4 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I hated this pick, but it's cool with me now. I'm a Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, and Baker Mayfield guy even though we had absolutely no shot at Mayfield. Josh Allen is a Buffalo Bill now. His white racist butt better be able to play QB in this league. He didn't do much in college and Beane trading picks away for him was stupid AF. What an idiot. Allen was gonna be there at pick 12 without trading. Miami wasn't taking him. Good God. Stupid stupid stupid. Beane panicked.

LOL Beane wasn't patient. Allen was gonna be there at 12 without trading.

He didn't trade up to 2 like so many of you wanted...He was patient, got lucky and then pulled the trigger when he felt comfortable with the deal. Who is to say Allen would be there at 12. Maybe, maybe not. A lot of guys still think Allen was the best QB in the draft including Kiper. Once he had a deal which didn't involve next years #1, which is likely to be high, he pulled the trigger. Who's to say someone else doesn't trade up? LOL! Get a clue!

18 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

I went back and watched some of the games that have some really bad stat lines, and was completely surprised.  His WRs are truly awful.  I didn't want to apologize for this kid, but he had a 9 completion game where he threw for 92 yards, and you can tell he's a great QB.  It shouldn't make sense, but it's true.

There were some drops to be sure. There was also a dropped pick-six going the other way. All in all, he didn't look as bad as his stat line showed.

• Like (+1) 1

The only guy in Buffalo getting beat up more than Josh Allen is Rebel101 .... but then again, both have accuracy issues.

Rebel, you give Josh a chance, we'll give you a second chance to make a good first impression

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 1