Can't stand the term "War Room"

Irv

With the draft coming up, I hear the term "war room" a lot and think of heroes who have fought, been killed, or maimed in an actual war.  Overly politically correct?  Probably. But I wouldn't mind never hearing that again.     

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Irv said:

With the draft coming up, I hear the term "war room" a lot and think of heroes who have fought, been killed, or maimed in an actual war.  Overly politically correct?  Probably. But I wouldn't mind never hearing that again.     

There's a lot of military expressions in football. "Aerial attack" comes to mind. So does that old Carlin routine. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Irv said:

Are you a war veteran? Or are you just guessing at what war veterans may be offended by?

• Like (+1) 1

As a long time player/couch I have been around the game my whole life and heard every term

there are lots of war terms in football and most I don’t mind but 1 I have stopped using over the years is referring to a hard fought game as going through a war

I do feel that we should respect our armed forces and not compare our game to an actual war

• Like (+1) 1