Lamar Jackson says he had zero meetings with Bills

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I thought they met with him a grand total of 15 min at the combine. Nope, they haven’t met him at all. Or seen him play (except 1 scout)

What's crazy is he said he met with the Bills at the Combine.  Those words came out of his mouth LOL at the Combine

Edited by NewEraBills

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

What's crazy is he said he met with the Bills at the Combine.  Those words came out of his mouth LOL at the Combine

Could be a misinterpreted comment.  Like he met with them at the combine but hasn't had a single meeting with them since.  I would find it odd that he would flat out lie about talking to them and then say he never talked to them once.

I am not surprised. Jackson does not fit the type of QB that Beane has described in interviews for the past year. The Bills also seem to put a high emphasis on interviews for the QB position.

Who knows though, maybe it is the greatest smokescreen of all time.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I thought they met with him a grand total of 15 min at the combine. Nope, they haven’t met him at all. Or seen him play (except 1 scout)

OBD doing their due diligence. 

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We didnt meet with Tre either

They did meet him. They just didn’t have him in for a pre-draft visit (although Beane did). They also scouted Tre live 3x! The only team they have scouted live this year that many times is USC. But, different FO anyway...

The Bills literally have never met Lamar or seen him play in person. They sent one scout to U of L one time. They didn’t do a private workout. He’s an underclassman, so no Senior Bowl meeting. They didn’t even meet with him at his pro day.

and, the QB decision is much different than a CB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

I’ve said all along that the Bills are not going to draft Jackson as their franchise qb. This team is not going to make a huge commitment (put their careers on the line) for a smokescreen. If they wanted Jackson he would have been through “the process”.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, racketmaster said:

I’ve said all along that the Bills are not going to draft Jackson as their franchise qb. This team is not going to make a huge commitment (put their careers on the line) for a smokescreen. If they wanted Jackson he would have been through “the process”.

Absolutely. There is no way they make the biggest decision of their careers without having met the player, based on what we have seen from them so far. 

• Like (+1) 3