Tyler Dunne Has It Right

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

Get Mayfield or Rosen or Darnold even for that matter. Move up, get one of these 3, and be done. I don't want any parts of the other 3 guys listed as potential 1st Round picks. There hasn't been a consensus #1 guy since luck, just like previously mentioned. Mayfield is my guy. He is the one I want us to draft. I am good with Rosen as well. I think Darnold is better than any of the remaining guys. Make your move and get your guy. We shall see. 

I agree, but you’ll need a willing trade partner.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The mistake is being content with mediocre Tyrod. 

When you score the 6th most points in the NFL....it does tend to biuld contentment.

The problem is instead of biulding on that and bringing our D up to that level.......they went the other direction.

In the end.....they moved in a different direction and it was the right thing to do.

23 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Then you walk into the woods where your ball landed spend 25minutes swearing your ass off only to be elated when you come out of the woods and found 3 more balls + the one you lost

Have you been spying on me playing golf?

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

No he wasn't. 

Bledsoe was better. 

Orton was better.

Fitz... well, I don't know... that one is debatable. Fitz was capable of actually running a passing offense, but he killed you with turnovers. Tyrod didn't turn the ball over, but he killed you with a non-existent ability to run a passing offense. Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other with those two. 

Orton - not really.  His year in Buffalo was a really a good year for Orton by his own standards.  However, Tthe Offense under Tyrod was significantly better the year after Orton, Taylor had a better TD:Int Ratio, a better QB rating and the Offense produced more points per game. 

Fitz was too inconsistent, but probably in the same area code as Tyrod - his turnovers and inability to throw deep were too problematic.  I'd rather have Tyrod, but I get what you are saying about both.

Bledsoe was the benchmark I was referencing without looking up his last start - I did look it up and it was over a decade since his last year as a Bill was 2004 and we all know how that year ended - couldn't beat the backup Steelers.

If they do not come away with

Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield (getting closer and closer to adding Allen to this list) then a plan that was put in place LAST DRAFT is a FAILURE and this regime should have to take heat for that.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The mistake is being content with mediocre Tyrod. 

You can keep the guy and put yourself in a better position to take players when you see the opportunity and not bet the farm and hope you win.  Water under the bridge, but I never said to settle for Tyrod.  My point was that it makes a lot more sense to keep a decent QB until you are sure you have a better option.  And giving up a decent starter at QB for a 3rd rounder isn't going to get you any closer to a better option.

Edited by Ayjent

57 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Man I liked all of those QB's coming out except 1 and it's the one we're going to pick lol

Of course it is... they wouldn’t be the Bills if they didn’t reach for the wrong guy in an act of desperation. :wacko:

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

There is no excuse for staying at 12. Buffalo amassed all this draft capital to be in the position they are: the team with the most bidding power.

They will get it done.

#5 would be a great spot.

And if 1, 2, and 3 are Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield? You really want to pick Josh “I have fewer pass attempts than the other three have completions” Allen at no. 5?

i couldn’t think of a worse outcome for the Bills. 

Now, if one of the top 3 is Allen, okay, 5 would be a good spot.

30 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Then you walk into the woods where your ball landed spend 25minutes swearing your ass off only to be elated when you come out of the woods and found 3 more balls + the one you lost

Or do like most golfers i know. Drop a ball on the fairway or just take another swing.

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

And if 1, 2, and 3 are Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield? You really want to pick Josh “I have fewer pass attempts than the other three have completions” Allen at no. 5?

I feel the same way. I bet the Bills FO has good insight on whether or not Allen will go in the top 3.

Or maybe they actually want Allen. If so, then so be it.

35 minutes ago, CarolinaBillsFan said:

I am just torn over which way to go.  I know we need a QB, but which one?  The people on this board can't come to a consensus, the paid "professionals" can't come to a consensus.  Everyday they have Buffalo taking a different person.  I sure do hope they have a guy that they want, if they are not sure, then I would wait.

Bills fans have come to a consensus: of the big 4, we don’t want Allen...ergo, any of the other 3 will do.

52 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Problem is that the biggest hole that has put them in desperation mode is by their own hand.  How's that 3rd rounder for Tyrod looking right now?  I'm not a Tyrod is the answer type guy, but he was a hell of a lot better than who they've had at QB for nearly a decade before him, and he would have allowed the team to operate with a margin for error. 

People like to think this regime is different than in the past, and I hope that they are right, but they just made a similar mistake they made before drafting EJ

I predict its gonna look a whole lot better in about 76 hours

Thing is, I'm not at all convinced  Rudolph's ceiling is measurably lower than these other guys - he's a big 6'5" with accuracy and a track record of big-school success FFS.

I'd be totally fine staying put, grabbing a stud LB at 12, and Rudolph at 22.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Yeah its why not making a move until you know what is available is smart.  Moving up to 5 today makes no sense if you it plays out that you are SoL on the guys you would've picked at QB that high.  I think they make the move if it is possible on draft day for pick 6-11.