NFLN: Mock Draft Live GDT

Obviously, Allen is a gamble if you're counting on him being the Bills' QB of the future.  There's reason to believe he's had less opportunity to learn the QB position at a high level than all of the top picks in the draft.  That may explain some of the deficiencies in his game, but if Beane thinks so, and he's wrong, it means the Bills will still be looking in a couple years.  I think if Allen is your young QB prospect, you're counting on AJ McCarron or Nate Peterman starting at least the entire 2018 season.  That doesn't bother me.  I just hope if he's the pick, it works out for the best.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Obviously, Allen is a gamble if you're counting on him being the Bills' QB of the future.  There's reason to believe he's had less opportunity to learn the QB position at a high level than all of the top picks in the draft.  That may explain some of the deficiencies in his game, but if Beane thinks so, and he's wrong, it means the Bills will still be looking in a couple years.  I think if Allen is your young QB prospect, you're counting on AJ McCarron or Nate Peterman starting at least the entire 2018 season.  That doesn't bother me.  I just hope if he's the pick, it works out for the best.

I would prefer not to hope and get a real player that can contribute now.

Way to many red flags that he won't be good.

Great guy terrible QB prospect unless your central casting in Hollywood.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

This is why I don’t want to trade our 2018 1st round pick. Even if we trade up for a Qb, I don’t see them starting this year. My gut says the Bills will be drafting in the top 10 next year.

Told you Bucky goes Center at 22.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

can I get some of what your smoking.

Look I don't want this guy plain and simple you don't reach for something just because its there.

As I said TT V2 would make more sense at 22

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

#4: CLE: DE Bradley Chubb

#5: DEN: QB Josh Rosen

Going worst way possible for the Bills so far.

Bills trying to move to 6. Frankly, with Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield gone, what's the point?

#6: IND: LB Roquan Smith

Exactly...if we are missing out on the big 3, might as well just stay at 12...or maybe try to trade back and get s first rounder for next year

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

#4: CLE: DE Bradley Chubb

#5: DEN: QB Josh Rosen

Going worst way possible for the Bills so far.

Bills trying to move to 6. Frankly, with Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield gone, what's the point?

#6: IND: LB Roquan Smith

Give me Mike White in the second if the draft plays out this way.

31 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I won’t be that upset. If the Bills stay at 12 and get a Qb with the drafting falling their way or can’t find a trade partner, I’d still be happy landing Allen . Get a LB with the 22nd pick and Sony Michel in the 2nd.

Hypothetically:

12- Allen

22- LB from Boise State

2nd Rd- Michel

2nd Rd-OL or WR

3rd Rd-OL/CB

4th Rd- Jewell (LB) from Iowa

Would be ecstatic with this draft!

I have been pretty anti-Allen, but I could live with him at 12. He has elite traits and if you find him a great QB coach he has a chance to be special. There is no chance I am starting him before week 16 though.

If we trade up for Allen I will be really disappointed.

36 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I would prefer not to hope and get a real player that can contribute now.

Way to many red flags that he won't be good.

Great guy terrible QB prospect unless your central casting in Hollywood.

I thought like this at first, and then i started to watch more of him. I dont think the completion percentage is as bad as it seems when you actually watch the throws. If we got him at 12 id absolutely be ok with it. But hes not going to be there either

His arm power is just on another level, but he knows how to take rpms off and show touch. A lot of guys with strong arms dont have that

Edited by BillsSbSoon

12: R1P12

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING
22: R1P22

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
53: R2P21

DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
56: R2P24

WR D.J. CHARK
LSU
65: R3P1

FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
96: R3P32

OT BRIAN O'NEILL
PITTSBURGH
121: R4P21

WR DEON CAIN
CLEMSON
166: R5P29

LB MARQUIS HAYNES
OLE MISS
187: R6P13

CB KEVIN TOLIVER
LSU
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Told you Bucky goes Center at 22.

Look I don't want this guy plain and simple you don't reach for something just because its there.

As I said TT V2 would make more sense at 22

not a reach bud alot of teams have him #1 on there board.  they are not professional scouts such as yourself but maybe they are right.

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA

WR D.J. CHARK
LSU

FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS

OT BRIAN O'NEILL
PITTSBURGH

WR DEON CAIN
CLEMSON

LB MARQUIS HAYNES
OLE MISS

CB KEVIN TOLIVER
LSU

That's actually a good draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA

WR D.J. CHARK
LSU

FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS

OT BRIAN O'NEILL
PITTSBURGH

WR DEON CAIN
CLEMSON

LB MARQUIS HAYNES
OLE MISS

CB KEVIN TOLIVER
LSU

I would be perfectly fine with this draft....no trades, so let's take a flyer on Allen and fill out the roster. I like it. I'm a big Deon Cain fan, too. 

Edited by Domdab99

37 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I would be perfectly fine with this draft....no trades, so let's take a flyer on Allen and fill out the roster. I like it. I'm a big Deon Cain fan, too. 

I'd be happy with it too. I see no way Allen is there at 12 but if he is you have to take him. I'm not as sold on Vander Esch as some but if we got Bryan at that spot in the second it would make up for it for me. Ragnow is going to be solid.   I have no idea about the guys at the last 4 picks but they seem to fill holes. 

Edited by Floydboy12

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

not a reach bud alot of teams have him #1 on there board.  they are not professional scouts such as yourself but maybe they are right.

They are so predictable just shake it up a little for TV or something.