Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

42 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Why would other teams turn up their nose? It's a good enough point. If Rosen was good enough for us why is he less important to another team. Let's start with the premise that next year's 1st Rd = this year's 2nd Rd. And obviously we have what they have; a full compliment of 2019 picks (on top of what we have this year - which is more than what any other team has). 

In the case of the Patriots they sort of have a guy at QB. :) But seriously I'm pretty sure the Pats haven't made a huge move up since they jumped to 5 overall to get Seymour. And although the Pats have the picks, they are lower all along the way to what the Bills have. Finally, the Patriots have real, real roster problems that make the Bills issues seem tame.

Again, the Dolphins have a QB, and they even have a guy behind the guy. You might conjecture that they want to replace him but a team moving veritably an entire draft to get a QB to replace a starter that's under control ... do you remember it ever happening? I don't. 

In both cases the reason to me is that you can build a case for them needing a a QB, it isn't pressing on the level of Buffalo's need. You are suggesting a radical reaction to a less than radical need. And in order to do it, they need to get into a pissing contest with a team that is a) desperate and b) better equipped than they are to get that need covered.
Go the distance and put yourself in their shoes. Are you denuding 2018 and probably 2019 in order to hopefully replace a guy that can play right now? In my mind, it's never happened. 
Cheers.
Just a week away.

What you said is open to interpretation.  By us and by the management of the other teams.  Further, I am not taking up the argument for moving up but just trying to find some logic in what others who do want to move up propose in trading off picks.  I am not the one saying that these prospects are elite, that they are franchise level, or once in a decade opportunity as others here have stated.  But my argument to the trade up crowd is that if these guys are truly the supreme beings of football then why would other teams not want to get in on the opportunity?   Going back to your statement about the Patriots having many needs they do but probably no more than the Bills do in terms of numbers of players.  With the Dolphins I am questioning the trade up crowd in that if the Bills should seek every opportunity to upgrade the QB position as it is the most important in all of sports then why would other teams not see it in the same light.  The trade up crowd proposes that if a team upgraded QB that would offset deficiencies in other areas on a team.  They look at the 2017 Pats where in their mind a high quality QB can mask many other shortcomings and while it was true with the Pats that is an instance where that would be the exception rather than the rule.

7 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Hopefully trading down. 

"Open to trading" is a code phrase for trading down, I suspect.  In the top 5 of the draft, I think it's difficult for teams to seek out trading partners because they would have a more difficult time identifying potential trading partners.  I think they tend to be passive and wait for a team to contact them about trading.  If you're trading up, in the top 5, I think the expectation is that you have to be actively looking.

Just loaded Instagram.  Not sure if I did it right, but I don't see that he is following Beane.  About 95% of the people he is following though are hot female models.  So yeah, he is looking like the guy we should target.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

SO you are assuming those picks will have a 100% success rate. 

And you can take all those picks, ill take Rodgers, you may win the 1 game, but i can guarnatee my team will be better than yours in 3 to 5 to 7 years from now, and yours will be in the same position deciding who to sign, and if you should move up to take a QB.

What you are doing is called middling, and it is the worst thing any sports franchise can do. You aren't good enough to win and be a Superbowl contender, you aren't bad enough to get the top overall talent. 

so you are assuming whichever QB we take is 100%?  I will take 5 shots at being successful over 1 every time

5 hours ago, dlonce said:

Really? You think so?

This isn’t the greatest draft after the first 20 picks, I’d take the strongest players(QB) long before those second rounders.

I consider 22 a second rounder in this draft.

the draft is loaded 20-60- and there is hardly a difference in grade between 20 and 60.  I want to see us load up with second and third round picks 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

shout out from Cleveland......don't look past  #4.....

Browns have reportedly considered drafting two quarterbacks with high-round picks

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-have-reportedly-considered-drafting-two-quarterbacks-with-high-round-picks/

I get the feeling we are the prettiest girl at the dance (most draft picks) and we just became newly single (QB desperate). 

We are hoping and waiting for the Giants to trade, meanwhile Denver wants some action (publicly putting pick 5 up) and Cleveland does too (floating they may take 2 QBs)

The question I think is not can we trade up and get one of those four guys but are they all rated high enough to spend the capital for. Personally I think the odds are two will be gone by #5 and there is a lesser possibility that three could be but I doubt it. So are your third and fourth ranked guys worth spending those picks to get up to #5 or do you wait and hold your picks. To me Rosen looks like he may drop into the 8-12 range fir instance. Mayfield I don't believe will get past #3. So, who is Cleveland eyeing at quarterback?

8 hours ago, PIZ said:

Just loaded Instagram.  Not sure if I did it right, but I don't see that he is following Beane.  About 95% of the people he is following though are hot female models.  So yeah, he is looking like the guy we should target.

Isn’t that all Instagram is used for? That’s my impression anyway.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

so you are assuming whichever QB we take is 100%?  I will take 5 shots at being successful over 1 every time

the draft is loaded 20-60- and there is hardly a difference in grade between 20 and 60.  I want to see us load up with second and third round picks 

No, but you said, Ill take all my picks and draft studs and you can take your QB.

If you are successful with 4 of your 5 at the non QB position, and I am successful with my 1 at the QB position, my team is better than yours 99 times out of 100.

1 hour ago, Radar said:

The question I think is not can we trade up and get one of those four guys but are they all rated high enough to spend the capital for. Personally I think the odds are two will be gone by #5 and there is a lesser possibility that three could be but I doubt it. So are your third and fourth ranked guys worth spending those picks to get up to #5 or do you wait and hold your picks. To me Rosen looks like he may drop into the 8-12 range fir instance. Mayfield I don't believe will get past #3. So, who is Cleveland eyeing at quarterback?

The two remaining QB at 5 could be your top 2 rated qb.  Bills are trading up to 5 or 6

3 hours ago, freester said:

The two remaining QB at 5 could be your top 2 rated qb.  Bills are trading up to 5 or 6

True they"could be" and that's my point. What if their not your two top rated. That seems to be critical when thinking of trading to even #6. Again it comes down to value our front office and scouting staff have on each of these guys. What's the cost to get #5 as compared to the value of the guy you think will be there at #5. Just because we want a quarterback doesn't,in my mind, warrant grossly overpaying on what is a reach or someone you have not clearly rated better than say a  Jackson for instance. If the two remaining are your top two rated obviously you trade up. I doubt that would be the case but suppose it's possible.

Edited by Radar

On 4/20/2018 at 1:10 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

Colts, Broncos, possibly the Giants looking to trade down.

The tides have turned and now the Bills can hold out for the best offer. 

Many wont admit it but the Bills were smart to wait. 

Actually no, best scenario would has been to be at 3 spot already