[Vague Title]Dick Drew

4 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

How about 48 and 10+?   I'm only gonna ask one more time.

Seems slightly more reasonable, but I don't know why we have to settle if we're being exclusionists in the first place. 

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A string walks into the bar and asks for a bacardi.  The bartender points to a sign that says "no strings allowed".

So the string walks out, ties himself into an overhand knot, and walks back in.  The bartender says..... Stop me when you've heard this before.

That went so far over my head that air traffic control just sent out an alert about an unidentified flying object in this region... 

• Like (+1) 1

Why do you assume our draft picks will be elite players? The Pats have 2 1st and 2 nd rd picks. We need a QB to beat them for the post-brady years. Or we can just hope we draft better or our extra 3rd makes the difference for the next decades. I'm sick of hearing people overvalue these draft picks. 

Edited by Chemical

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McCarron and Peterman?  Good enough?  You'd better tell that to Beane and company so they can stop wasting time looking at all of these 2018 draft QB prospects. :lol: 

I think you missed his main point, which is, WHO KNOWS?

Edited by Domdab99

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McCarron and Peterman?  Good enough?  You'd better tell that to Beane and company so they can stop wasting time looking at all of these 2018 draft QB prospects. :lol: 

...who the hell is implying THAT?......get over the Peterman 5 pick game.........a 5th rounder got thrown to the wolves and was consumed.....so ONE game makes a career?......objective analysis or just subjectively hate the kid?......he may or MAY NOT ever develop into a QB at some NFL level, but ONE game?.......seriously?....and what has McCarron proven or DISPROVEN as far as the QB spot in his limited experience?...SQUAT IMO.......but he is a vet presence and when you look at some of the other "vet presences" out there STILL extorting paychecks (Victoria Bradley, Jimmy The Pickle Clausen, Mark "see Ya In 4" Sanchez, RG II 1/4, etc), McCarron definitely sucks?.......this camp will consist of McCarron, Peterman, 1 2018 QB draft pick OWNED by McBeane/McD/McDaboll and perhaps a 4th camp body.....short, sweet and simple.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...who the hell is implying THAT?......get over the Peterman 5 pick game.........a 5th rounder got thrown to the wolves and was consumed.....so ONE game makes a career?......objective analysis or just subjectively hate the kid?......he may or MAY NOT ever develop into a QB at some NFL level, but ONE game?.......seriously?....and what has McCarron proven or DISPROVEN as far as the QB spot in his limited experience?...SQUAT IMO.......but he is a vet presence and when you look at some of the other "vet presences" out there STILL extorting paychecks (Victoria Bradley, Jimmy The Pickle Clausen, Mark "see Ya In 4" Sanchez, RG II 1/4, etc), McCarron definitely sucks?.......this camp will consist of McCarron, Peterman, 1 2018 QB draft pick OWNED by McBeane/McD/McDaboll and perhaps a 4th camp body.....short, sweet and simple.....

Read his OP and don't tell me what to get over. He's not a good NFL prospect and my reasons go beyond his 5 int debut. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, Dick Drew said:

How good a NFL QB is A.J. McCCarron?  NO ONE KNOWS.

What we do know is if you surround him with good football players and top notch coaching he can throw 58 TDs with 10 interceptions and win 2 National Championship in 2 years at Alabama.

How good a NFL QB can  Peterman become?  NO ONE KNOWS.

What we do know is his head coach thought enough of his ability to start him against arguably the best defense in the NFL.  He must have NFL talent.

My suggestion is to keep all our draft picks to use on surrounding McCarron with elite players while picking a QB in the later rounds.  Remember that the greatest QB that has ever lived was a 6th round pick who sat on the bench for 3 years.

Man if i had a dime for everytime sometime talked bout Brady going in the 6th rd. 

What people dont realize is that there's fantastic players drafted in every part of the draft for every position.  Matter of fact the postional players are found much more often then QB's late in the draft. Why doesn't anyone ever mention Antonio Brown in the 6th or Arian Foster UDFA i mean i can go on for hours about the great players at any position that went late in the draft or even undrafted.  The HOF is loaded with these guys. If anything this gives more credence to trading up for a QB.  For every Brady, Warner or Romo there's ten guys from each position that has performed at a all star or even hof level. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Read his OP and don't tell me what to get over. He's not a good NFL prospect and my reasons go beyond his 5 int debut. 

As we all know: telling someone from South Jersey he is wrong about something is like resisting the Borg.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...differing opinions make this place work...so noted.........

This

Welcome, Dick Drew.  In part, I agree with your initial post.  The sample size for both McCarron and Peterman in the NFL is not big enough to make an evaluation of their ceiling.  We do, however, have an idea about their physical traits, and we know they are somewhat limited.  They have OK, not great arms.  All six QBs who are rated from high R1 to borderline 1st and 2nd round all have better arms and seem to have at least one trait that is elite.  Most observers believe that the Bills worked to acquire draft capital specifically so they could trade up for a QB they believe can be a franchise guy.  There are a precious few who really think that McCarron and Peterman have franchise level upside.  To a point, however, I'm with you.  I would be very concerned about  using too much of that draft capital to move all the way up to #2.  It might even require using a pick or two from next year's draft, and high ones at that.  Ouch!  If Cleveland is on the clock for their 4th overall pick, they already have drafted their QB, the guy the Buffalo really covets is still on the board, and there is legitimate concern that somebody else is going to trade for him, or Miami wants him at 11. I think the Bills would be perfectly justified in trading up to get him.  It would probably cost #12, #22, and something else, but it would leave you with enough to keep building the team.