Bills G.M. Brandon Beane: “We have to draft best player available”

12 hours ago, dlonce said:

“And for the most part we don’t have many glaring holes.”  

Thats for the too many holes crowd. Chew on it for awhile.

I'm not in the "too many holes" crowd, but that quote doesn't mean much. In fact, "for the most part" and "don't have many glaring holes" are really just cup-half-full ways of saying "we have a few glaring holes".

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would be very surprised if the Bills would trade up for "one of the top 4".  It would be a mistake if they did IMO.  I'm not opposed to the idea of trading up for a QB, not at all - but the "top 4" QB are so different it would be farcical to think the Bills would have the same value on each of them.  1 or at most 2 guys, if the Bills have a top grade on him and he falls to a position where they can make a trade (and they know where those are) they will go up.

I like Lamar Jackson but I don't see him as a fit for what the Bills seem to be trying to do at QB.  I actually really like the idea of San Diego - er, I mean LA - for Jackson.  I don't know if they would, since they have other needs

True statement. We are all speculating what they want I agree. I doubt all 4 are similar on their boards. I think it is Josh or Josh. 

7 hours ago, RFL said:

Respectfully......Because the mocksters know more than the GM’s and their staff?  Personally I hope they get Jackson at #12 and keep all our picks....but we all have our opinions.

Maybe the GMs and staff know better than me. But my view is either would be a reaxh at #12. If the Bills shoot at a QB I will support them but I might still think they are wrong. 

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Throwing darts at a draft board with his eyes closed?

I actually won a radio contest from a blindfolded dart thrower. 61 contestants, all numbers, doubles, triples and bulls eye were occupied by 1 person respectively(I had #3).. 2 hours later i was at work and got a call, saying I won 2 front row tix to black eyed peas and pussycat dolls. After I got off the phone, i already had 20+ messages from friends/family bc they heard me on the radio and wanted to be my + 1. So ya never know lol

Edited by Bills4life1924

18 hours ago, dlonce said:

“And for the most part we don’t have many glaring holes.”  

Thats for the too many holes crowd. Chew on it for awhile.

Okay.  How many times have you heard the following pep talk in the lockerroom?   " Gee, we are really a bunch of dog's vomit on our offensive line, but guys, do your best until we can get some real players here and fire your a$$".   Players read what the head office and coaches say.  It is smart not to criticize your players.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, Derby Dan said:

really so you miss tyrod

A trade is in the works with the Giants.  We will take Allen. 

Id be really surprised if they did the full monte and sell the farm for #2.  We shall see.....btw, Tyrod will do fine with the Browns, never under estimate a guy playing with a chip on his shoulder.....just like AJM.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:58 PM, Fadingpain said:

And for the most part we don’t have many glaring holes,” Beane said. “We do have a couple, but I don’t feel like we’re entering the draft with five starting positions that I’ve got to find in this draft.”

Well, here's how he could realistically be looking at this...

5 positions?

1 - QB: Obviously we're drafting a QB high. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Even if he believes McCarron can start and be at least a lateral move from Taylor last year, he can't possibly look at him as a long term starter.

2 - MLB: Preston Brown's departure says that's absolutely a position of need, maybe more than any other position other than QB.

3 - G/C: Honestly, he might already feel we're good here with Groy, Bodine, Miller and Ducasse. Some combination of 3 of those 4 are likely going to be our interior OL. 

4 - WR: I don't even think he would view this as a position we need a starter with Benjamin and Jones and several guys waiting in the wings like Streater and Reilly, but I'm sure we get another strong competitor at WR.

Can anyone think of another position we'd need to fill this year???

It all just depends on the QB... but I still think we'll improve as a team from last year.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:23 PM, Bills4life1924 said:

I actually won a radio contest from a blindfolded dart thrower. 61 contestants, all numbers, doubles, triples and bulls eye were occupied by 1 person respectively(I had #3).. 2 hours later i was at work and got a call, saying I won 2 front row tix to black eyed peas and pussycat dolls. After I got off the phone, i already had 20+ messages from friends/family bc they heard me on the radio and wanted to be my + 1. So ya never know lol

All I can take away from that post is that your friends and family have awful taste in music. I would have just sold them... I'd be happy with 20 for a ticket.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/13/2018 at 9:44 PM, Derby Dan said:

Trust the process.  The man is brillant

I really hope this is the case but i think we need to pump the brakes on Beane brilliance.  The man hasn't even had his first draft yet . His trades are arguable whether he did well or not and his adds in free agency really weren't that impressive.

I know he said he told his guys to hold him back if he overpays.  I guess they were sleeping when he signed a run stuffer for 10mil per and Murphy for 7mil after missing the yr with major injuries and a performance enhancing suspension.  Not to mention he brought bk those scrub RBs Cadet and Jones and the signing of Kaelin Clay left alot to be desired. 

• Like (+1) 1