Bills G.M. Brandon Beane: “We have to draft best player available”

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

And for the most part we don’t have many glaring holes,” Beane said. “We do have a couple, but I don’t feel like we’re entering the draft with five starting positions that I’ve got to find in this draft.”

Well, he is right about that.

They only have 4 starting positions that are in question right now :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Not having many glaring holes means you have a few, remember Tolbert filled a glaring hole at backup rb last year. These are 'glaring' holes, not just weak spots on the roster. Bodine is a guy who plays center, he is not very good but he plays. That hole is filled. See, no holes. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I wouldn't say it's a lie.  I'd say it's ambiguous because based on what he said, no matter what they do at the draft he can say we took BPA based on our board LOL.

I probably phrased it wrong. It may or may not be a lie, but whatever he is saying to to the media right now is purely calculated and being said for a reason, and he’s not sharing anything about their real plans. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can anyone find the original article?

It says it appeared on bills.com yesterday, but I don't see it there.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I probably phrased it wrong. It may or may not be a lie, but whatever he is saying to to the media right now is purely calculated and being said for a reason, and he’s not sharing anything about their real plans. 

What he is saying here is about if they whiff on getting a qb.

He can say, like I told you before, we won't reach.

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

When  you read the whole article, that quote was taken waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of context

The only context that matters is "two weeks before the draft", so it doesnt matter what he says or how much of the quote we read, it's all a smokescreen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.

I don't know. People always say so-and-so was picked too high. If you use a bunch of picks on one player, that's like going beyond isn't it?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So they are gathering as much information as possible. As opposed to what?

High level business meetings, and clandestine rendezvous' with nefarious underground sources in Dunkirk, or Derby perhaps.:ph34r: Connect the dots.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.

Yes it is, but only if the player is a failure. Trading away valuable picks for a total failure means you reached. Doesn't mean it never works out, but you still reached if you gave up a ton for a failure.