PURE SPECULATION: Is Beane Forcing Jackson Onto McDermott?

Gugny

I’m of the opinion that as we go through this tense and crazy pre-draft period we should all be tolerant of threads with overlapping content. However ...........Not this one! It’s not even a good conspiracy theory!

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Obviously, the Eric Wood situation could not be helped.  Injuries happen and thank God he's been forced to retire, rather than put himself in harm's way.

But the recent developments surrounding Incognito's abrupt retirement make me wonder ... 

Did Beane lowball Incognito in an effort to make him quit?

Now that we've got a decimated O Line - AND an obvious need for a QB - my greatest fear is that this was choreographed by Beane in order to force Lamar Jackson onto McDermott.

With our current situation, an "exciting playmaking" QB who relies on his legs is the only type of QB who could possibly succeed with the O Line we're going to field.  McCarron is

Jackson seems to be a Bills fan favorite (not mine) and A LOT of Bills fans were pissed about trading Tyrod away.  This would please a lot (perhaps majority) of the fan base.

I don't think McDermott liked Tyrod and I can't see him wanting Jackson.  But he wants to win games more than sell tickets.  Maybe Beane sees Jackson as a way to accomplish both.

As the title states - this is pure speculation/guessing on my part.  But it's my biggest fear and I hope it's not the case.  Either way, I'll keep trusting the process.

Go Bills.

Speculating will damage your kidneys and liver.  When you visit the doctor he will tell you they're shutting down and you need to quit to save them.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Why do Buffalo fans always like to bring up tanking? Do you really enjoy losing that much or are just so used to it  you don't know any better?

It was a joke

I assumed this was a joke thread since the opening post is absolutely ridiculous

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

It was a joke

I assumed this was a joke thread since the opening post is absolutely ridiculous

I'm not so sure. I see a lot of similarities with the "O-Line Threw The Chargers Game" conspiracy theory, and Lord knows some people took that seriously.

Consider the common elements :

1. A nefarious entity..... (O-line cabal, Beane, Trilateral Commission, Skull & Bones Society, etc)
  2. Secretly manipulates things......
  3. To thwart the ascension of a True Quarterback......
  4. And foist that Inferior Kind of quarterback on the team

Hidden Forces? Secret Evil Influence? Advancing the Unworthy by underhanded means?

Seems like a common enough conspiracy to me.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, grb said:

I'm not so sure. I see a lot of similarities with the "O-Line Threw The Chargers Game" conspiracy theory, and Lord knows some people took that seriously.

Consider the common elements :

1. A nefarious entity..... (O-line cabal, Beane, Trilateral Commission, Skull & Bones Society, etc)
  2. Secretly manipulates things......
  3. To thwart the ascension of a True Quarterback......
  4. And foist that Inferior Kind of quarterback on the team

Hidden Forces? Secret Evil Influence? Advancing the Unworthy by underhanded means?

Seems like a common enough conspiracy to me.  

The O Line did throw the Chargers game.

How many of them will be playing for the Bills next season?

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Of course you believe the Chargers game was fixed.

A true troll is up to any challenge.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

OMG PLEASE STOP yes I shouted this on purpose.  The GM and coach are on the same page.

Oh they're on the same page all right.  But in two different paragraphs separated by about 25 lines!

Whaley is whispering in Beane's ear and God knows what Beane is doing relative to McD's intentions.  For all we know there is a civil war going on over there right now, and it all hinges around the QB we take in this year's draft.

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Some can't differentiate between the NFL and hockey

What? There's a difference?

15 minutes ago, grb said:

Of course you believe the Chargers game was fixed.

A true troll is up to any challenge.

And a true homer would believe that an o-line would just "forget how to block" for 30 minutes.

2 hours ago, theRalph said:

In these heady times During which the bills future is being decided, please refrain from posting your tripe.

Tripe can be delicious if you know how to properly prepare it.

Ever had any?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

of the 3 lineman that are gone, 2 are retiring due to injury related issues and the 3rd didn't even start that game.

but hey, lets not let those facts cloud up this ridiculous notion..... seems legit.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1