2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

this should prolly be in the sleep thread..but caught the 2nd OT of the Knights game..man that period was BORING!!! Both teams were cooked at played at a snails pace.

Knights up 2-0  man that place was having fun..memories

I disagree, they were exhausted, and they were giving it their all.

I thought it was a thrilling game.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Same here.   The Kings were gassed but were still scratching and clawing, diving face first to block shots. 

That sequence  in OT2 where Lewis and Quick both were playing without sticks was incredible...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Same here.   The Kings were gassed but were still scratching and clawing, diving face first to block shots. 

That sequence  in OT2 where Lewis and Quick both were playing without sticks was incredible...

Yes, that was amazing.

Knights are up 2-0, but I still think the Kings are going to find a way to win a game or two and keep the heat on them.

Fleury & Quick are putting on a show.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The game may have been thrilling, i only saw the 2nd OT..and yes both teams were giving everything they had, it was just not much and the hockey was sloppy and the played at a snails pace. The excitement of Sudden death was there, just commenting on how tired both teams were

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

That was the best part of the 2nd OT.

Just got in looking for the Tampa game..not on TV? I have the Preds game..cant find the Tampa game(edit) found it on CNBC..and people wonder why hockey gets zero rating..did not even come up in the search for NHL games.

@njbuff , rough game eh?

Edited by plenzmd1

I like that CNBC and USA picks up games, so far this playoffs every game has been on one channel or another and not some paid NHL network garbage.

Row how are you feeling about tonight? I'm pumped for this one. Baby Donato in the lineup, the Bs lose some grit but get a scorer.

I can't wait until game 3 I'm slamming the over. Babcock will get last change and the Matthews line will benefit from getting away from the puck possession of Bergy and Co.

I expect a better game in net from Fredrick and a fun one. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I did too. I watched it this morning and my DVR stopped recording near the end of the first OT. I don't think the Kings are done yet. Doughty will be back.

GO SHARKS!

Edited by Dante

59 minutes ago, Dante said:

I did too. I watched it this morning and my DVR stopped recording near the end of the first OT. I don't think the Kings are done yet. Doughty will be back.

GO SHARKS!

Do you have the option to extend the recording up to 3 hours?

On 4/13/2018 at 9:18 AM, row_33 said:

It's nice to have a playoff contender, a bit sooner than i was counting on when Lou and Babcock came over

that was the first game that really mattered for the Leafs since Christmas, the last half of the year they were safe in third place with no pressure to try hard on any given night

this isn't over quite yet...

Bad bounces tonight. They have to keep their shite together its still early.

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The game may have been thrilling, i only saw the 2nd OT..and yes both teams were giving everything they had, it was just not much and the hockey was sloppy and the played at a snails pace. The excitement of Sudden death was there, just commenting on how tired both teams were

That was the best part of the 2nd OT.

Just got in looking for the Tampa game..not on TV? I have the Preds game..cant find the Tampa game(edit) found it on CNBC..and people wonder why hockey gets zero rating..did not even come up in the search for NHL games.

@njbuff , rough game eh?

Rough 2 games. But they took it to Tampa the second half of game 2. 

Maybe they can build on that for game 3.

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Record the shows coming on after the hockey game was supposed to end.

What is going on with the Leafs?

Why have they been thoroughly dominated?

I am surprised by this.

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Sharks up 2-0!

Ducks went aggressive and got physical with all of their hitting and it still was not enough.

What a goal by Tomas Hertl in the 2nd period.

Coming back to San Jose! GO SHARKS!!!

San Jose might have a big time shot to win it all this year.

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

watching some of the Pitt/Flyers game on NBC kinda in the background..not sure who is the PBP guy..but he sure ain't happy with all the calls going the Pens way

I had it on, but volume turned down and not really paying attention. Were there some crappy calls? 

Just now, thebug said:

I had it on, but volume turned down and not really paying attention. Were there some crappy calls? 

like you, mine is on..jsut hear him say.".Gireux held and hooked no call" and jsut now "Voracheck yanked down, no call" ..been like 4 of those. Not sure if right calls or not.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebug said:

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

like you, mine is on..jsut hear him say.".Gireux held and hooked no call" and jsut now "Voracheck yanked down, no call" ..been like 4 of those. Not sure if right calls or not.

As a Penguins fan it does kind of pain me to say this, but Pittsburgh is the NHL's version of the Patriots* when it comes to officiating

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

As a Penguins fan it does kind of pain me to say this, but Pittsburgh is the NHL's version of the Patriots* when it comes to officiating

At the end of the broadcast they showed a bunch of philly high sticks on Pens players, so looks like the Flyers got away with a few as well. 

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

What the hells going on with the Leafs?

It looks like the Bruins are going to walk away with the division this year and possibly the cup.

They ain’t that good 

Edited by zevo

10 minutes ago, zevo said:

They ain’t that good 

105 points says otherwise. How many points did your team have?  They are showing their youth and they have run into an insanely hot team. It’s not over yet. 

I know hindsight is 20/20 and these games aren’t over, but the Devils sure would like to rewind to game 82 and played everyone against Washington, which would have assured Washington in the first round instead of Tampa Bay/Boston. Which would have almost also assured they wouldn’t be trailing 2-0 going back home for game 3.

Painful lesson to learn.

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

What the hells going on with the Leafs?

It looks like the Bruins are going to walk away with the division this year and possibly the cup.

Gotta win the next two at home

looks dire 

But I’ve seen teams fight back dozens of times from worse starts

not betting on it....

Edited by row_33

I want to be clear .....  

When I said CAPS in 5 I meant out of the playoffs in 5 ....   WTF is wrong with them???? 

Blowing two 2 point leads and losing in OT! 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nooooo offsides challenge?!?!?

Whew! See u in CBus Caps

they would have gone their regardless....   besides the offsides   Did a CBus player hook Holtby with his stick in the chest??  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I want to be clear .....  

When I said CAPS in 5 I meant out of the playoffs in 5 ....   WTF is wring with them???? 

Blowing two 2 point leads and losing in OT! 

All the talent in the world. They can still win that series but it's going to be tough.

not bitching just wandering if I saw it correct.    I was having signal issues with the heavy rains last night

Just now, Commonsense said:

All the talent in the world. They can still win that series but it's going to be tough.

I recently  became a fan of the team but after the last 2 seasons  I will just say that come playoff time   - they suck