Predictions: Buffalo Bills 2019 record

I think our 2018 drafted QB has a year under his belt and is ready to let loose.

i think we are thick with fat stacks of cash for free agency for key pick ups.

I think Brady is either retired or pulling his face into a ponytail ala Jerry Jones and is at the end of the line.

...and after falling back just a bit in 2018 I think we are division Champs at 11-5 in 2019.

and if you can't stand this thread and think it is a waste of time to think so far into the future I can maybe edit the title and OT into a "Which QB we are going to draft" or "which team we think is going to c*** block us."

Bonus prediction?  1,200 yards rushing for Shady as he goes over 12,000 yards for his career and 1,200 yards as well for Kelvin Benjamin, but through the air.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

My opinion is based on the fact that the Bills have latched on to a really good, hard-working coaching staff.  This staff has systems but they are also match up oriented.  They put in the work that I didn't see from the previous staff.  This means that they have the ability to squeeze good things out of a talent base that has good skills across the board but few special "Shady" like players.  They demand a hard work mentality, a study hard and play hard focus and the results lead to overachieving.

The Bills also have built a really good scouting and administration team. They understand the systems the coaches have implemented, they understand the division opponents (thanks Joe Schoen) who make up the key part of the Bills schedule and they find players who fit these systems and create matchup advantages.

This group proved last year with limited time that they can make some lemonade out of other folks sour lemons. It could all go to hell in a handbasket due to things out of their control (injuries, suspensions), but outside of those occurrences, I think the Bills have a solid coaching and personnel foundation. This group of coaches and the front office staff will make the Bills low years higher and high years better (Note that's why we need to get a QB this year because we will not be drafting this high again).

So to stop licking McBeane's boots and to answer your thread question...I believe this team will be in contention in 2018 just like 2017.  It will come down to a wild card..and we may not get lucky this coming year, but I am not seeing a regression.  The roster will be better on September 1, 2018 than it was on September 1, 2017.  We will pick up vets to fill holes left in the draft.  They will be vet min or just above guys,  For example, I can see the Bills courting Dansby and Eric Reid really hard to join a culture they can embrace after the draft to fill some holes the Bills may not be able to fill in the draft. 

For 2019-- I agree with you---the expectation can and should be high. I hope the Bills are going into the final two weeks with some certainty about the playoffs.  11-5 and the division sounds about right (Bills play the NFC East-- I think they can go 3-1; 4-2 in the division and 4-2 in other AFC).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6-10. We were easily the least talented team in the playoffs last season and our whopping 3 points in that game is the evidence. Whoever is at QB will likely struggle and if anyone honestly thinks we’ll be +11 again in T/O ratio, you’re fooling yourself. We don’t win 5 games last year without them.

The roster has been gutted of star players sans Shady. Talent wins.

5-11. If they trade a bunch of picks they will be deficient in too many areas. Even if not they are a poor roster. Offensive line will be exposed big time this year without Taylors escapability.

Like Beane but his roster building thus far is suspect at best.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Who is the QB?

You Son of ...just kidding, kdiggz.  Your prerogative on QB for your record.

48 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

6-10. We were easily the least talented team in the playoffs last season and our whopping 3 points in that game is the evidence. Whoever is at QB will likely struggle and if anyone honestly thinks we’ll be +11 again in T/O ratio, you’re fooling yourself. We don’t win 5 games last year without them.

The roster has been gutted of star players sans Shady. Talent wins.

27 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

5-11. If they trade a bunch of picks they will be deficient in too many areas. Even if not they are a poor roster. Offensive line will be exposed big time this year without Taylors escapability.

Like Beane but his roster building thus far is suspect at best.

Guys, maybe you already know this, but again, I'm talking 2019, not this coming year.

7 hours ago, JoeF said:

My opinion is based on the fact that the Bills have latched on to a really good, hard-working coaching staff.  This staff has systems but they are also match up oriented.  They put in the work that I didn't see from the previous staff.  This means that they have the ability to squeeze good things out of a talent base that has good skills across the board but few special "Shady" like players.  They demand a hard work mentality, a study hard and play hard focus and the results lead to overachieving.

The Bills also have built a really good scouting and administration team. They understand the systems the coaches have implemented, they understand the division opponents (thanks Joe Schoen) who make up the key part of the Bills schedule and they find players who fit these systems and create matchup advantages.

This group proved last year with limited time that they can make some lemonade out of other folks sour lemons. It could all go to hell in a handbasket due to things out of their control (injuries, suspensions), but outside of those occurrences, I think the Bills have a solid coaching and personnel foundation. This group of coaches and the front office staff will make the Bills low years higher and high years better (Note that's why we need to get a QB this year because we will not be drafting this high again).

So to stop licking McBeane's boots and to answer your thread question...I believe this team will be in contention in 2018 just like 2017.  It will come down to a wild card..and we may not get lucky this coming year, but I am not seeing a regression.  The roster will be better on September 1, 2018 than it was on September 1, 2017.  We will pick up vets to fill holes left in the draft.  They will be vet min or just above guys,  For example, I can see the Bills courting Dansby and Eric Reid really hard to join a culture they can embrace after the draft to fill some holes the Bills may not be able to fill in the draft. 

For 2019-- I agree with you---the expectation can and should be high. I hope the Bills are going into the final two weeks with some certainty about the playoffs.  11-5 and the division sounds about right (Bills play the NFC East-- I think they can go 3-1; 4-2 in the division and 4-2 in other AFC).

Very well said, in particular your observations about the staff. 

• Like (+1) 1

This staff (GM, Scouting, Coaching +++) has this team in good position I feel. Its good to see that the systems in place is vastly improved over any system we have had over the last 17 years prior. I think because I believe in the system and the process that we will scratch at another wild card and this year depends on how many draft picks we have to give up to "get our QB of future".

In short because I believe in the systems and the process very strongly I think we have struggles this year just like last year but in different ways. I think the team will be a big improvement due to FA and draft.

Another 9-7 year but if and I do say IF we hit this draft hard? then the future is glorious for the bills.

56 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Who cares?  As long as we trade 309 picks for him he will be awesome.

If it's Josh Rosen he will be very good right away and they will go on a big spending spree in free agency to get him the right pieces and we will probably be a contender very quickly. If it's another top QB they won't be as ready to take the reigns. If it's not a top QB then it's anybody's guess. How can you predict the record when you don't know who the QB is? That's like asking someone to predict the Cleveland Cavs record and you don't know whether or not they will have LeBron James anymore

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

7-9 in 2018 (2-3 with McCarron; 5-6 with rookie)

11-5 in 2019. 

That’s almost funny.  

You expect AJ to be worse than TT and then a drafted rookie to play to a similar record as AJ THEN win 11 games in 19???

What if the bills don’t draft a QB early on?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan