TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

With the 93rd pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

Lauletta still on the board in late 3rd Round, great value. Jags get the future starting QB . Lauletta can sit behind Bortles and if Bortles cant lead Lauletta steps in. 

Good 3 round for the Jags.

1. Will Hernandez, G, UTEP

2. Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

3. Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

The Vikings and @TPS are on the clock

Edited by wppete

Having heard Greg Cosell on the JMS on my drive home, I was persuaded by what he had to say about this individual, that he would be an excellent nickel corner, and the Vikings could use some youth there as well. So, with the 94th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings take Duke Dawson, CB, Florida.

I do have but one regret, I should've selected Kolton Miller instead of Brown R1. The main reason is Miller could step in at LT, while Brown is most likely pegged as an RT. The Vikings could use a lot of help on the O-line, and Miller would've helped solidify 3 positions, allowing them to move Rieff to RT and sliding Remmers to RG. 

The dreaded Patriots and @aristocrat are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Having heard Greg Cosell on the JMS on my drive home, I was persuaded by what he had to say about this individual, that he would be an excellent nickel corner, and the Vikings could use some youth there as well. So, with the 94th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings take Duke Dawson, CB, Florida.

I do have but one regret, I should've selected Kolton Miller instead of Brown R1. The main reason is Miller could step in at LT, while Brown is most likely pegged as an RT. The Vikings could use a lot of help on the O-line, and Miller would've helped solidify 3 positions, allowing them to move Rieff to RT and sliding Remmers to RG. 

I wish I would have taken Baker / Leonard or even Griffin in round 2 instead of Rasheem Green.  I didn't realize Foster's legal situation is as bad as it is, it looks like he's done.  

Question for the draft gurus here. I really wanted to take a guard at 94 for the Vikes, and I came across Wyatt Teller of VT. He reminded me of Richie. He's a converted D-lineman and extremely strong. Analyses fall in the range of mid R3 to R4. He seems like he'd be a good pick up for the Bills at 96, though maybe in R4? Appreciate any comments. 

I watched he's a little of this video. Despite the false start, check out the pancake at 1:08. He's #57

http://www.draftcountdown.com/player/wyatt-teller/

Final tally for the Giants: 

Bradley Chubb, EDGE 

Derrius Guice, RB

Tyrell Crosby, OT

Braden Smith, OG 

Our defense will be much improved with the addition of Chubb and the direction of James Bettcher. Our offense will develop a new identity as a hard nose running unit led by the downhill style of Guice and the improved offensive line. Our passing game will bounce back with Pat Shumar calling the shots. I expect us to contend for the division and win at least 10 games this season. 

We're coming for ya champs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Bradley Chubb, EDGE 

Derrius Guice, RB

Tyrell Crosby, OT

Braden Smith, OG 

Our defense will be much improved with the addition of Chubb and the direction of James Bettcher. Our offense will develop a new identity as a hard nose running unit led by the downhill style of Guice and the improved offensive line. Our passing game will bounce back with Pat Shumar calling the shots. I expect us to contend for the division and win at least 10 games this season. 

That’s a pretty good draft. Trade back and lose Chubb, but pry get a lot of help at DB and shore up the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That’s a pretty good draft. Trade back and lose Chubb, but pry get a lot of help at DB and shore up the defense. 

I am very interested to see how the talent at DB bounces back under the new regime. 

Its so hard to tell who the giants are because they seemingly were so badly coached. 

14 hours ago, TPS said:

As the Browns I was very excited to see you take Brown. Miller will slide into the open LT spot and be a nice Joe Thomas replacement. 

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Bradley Chubb, EDGE 

Derrius Guice, RB

Tyrell Crosby, OT

Braden Smith, OG 

Nice job. If they are going to pass on a QB they need to come away with something similar. 3/4 guys that will make an immediate impact and open a window for ELi to win his third SB.

On 4/5/2018 at 4:17 PM, Virgil said:

Buffalo Bills Picks

12 - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

22 - Daron Payne, DT, Alabama

53 - DJ Chark, WR, LSU

56 - Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

65 - Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

96 - Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State 

I strongly disagree with the decision to draft the same guy twice.   ;)

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Virgil...you need to edit your first post.  You have us picking Leonard twice.

Fixed.  Thanks for the heads up

22 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I strongly disagree with the decision to draft the same guy twice.   ;)

We need linebackers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2