funniest movie ever?

Pete

18 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I loved it as a kid. I remember laughing at the Rhino scene for what seemed like forever. As an adult, it is not what I remember. Again, I think a lot of this has to do with the age and circumstances we are in when we see a movie.

Earnest Scared Stupid. Another great movie that was both funny and scary to childhood me. 

Ahh ha ha, How about a bumper sandwich bugger lips?  Forgot all about that character 

14 hours ago, 145B4IDIE said:

Yellowbeard is vastly underrated

Absolutely! I was going to bring that one up since nobody had mentioned it before. I always try to imagine what it must have been like on that set with Eric Idle, John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Marty Feldman, Peter Boyle, Madeline Kahn, Peter Cook, and Cheech & Chong.

Another great one nobody's mentioned yet is Team America: World Police

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

A Christmas Story

The first time I saw it, I laughed hysterically. My wife insists that we watch it every year. After a few years I couldn’t stand to watch it anymore. Now I am back to watching it again. 

A fun, feel good, nostalgic look back on Christmas that is worth a watch at Christmas once a year but funniest movie ever? :blink:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

A fun, feel good, nostalgic look back on Christmas that is worth a watch at Christmas once a year but funniest movie ever? :blink:

A lot of movies in this thread fall short of the “funniest movie ever” designation. It seems to have morphed into a general “funny movie” thread. IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

A lot of movies in this thread fall short of the “funniest movie ever” designation. It seems to have morphed into a general “funny movie” thread. IMO. 

True, but I just thought that was an interesting choice for funniest movie ever.  Don't get me wrong I like that movie but I wouldn't even consider it a comedy.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:09 AM, Bakin said:

Idiocracy!

one of my absolute favorite movies. seems more like a documentary now...

but i love the movie Waiting. it just knocks it out of the park, so many great scenes and one liners. 

also...

super troopers

step brothers

deadpool

baseketball

cannibal: the musical

strange wilderness

On 4/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, mrags said:

Talledega Nights and Grandmas Boy 

grandma's boy is fantastic. still in heavy rotation for me.

Sex Drive. It's not the funniest movie ever, but it's a good one. When I saw the trailer I thought it would suck but I watched out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised.

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is hilarious if you watch it with the right people. So is Napoleon Dynamite.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, 145B4IDIE said:

Yellowbeard is vastly underrated

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is awesome

any Coen Bros. is must see

I have a dvd copy of Yellowbeard, could be due for a watch. Marty Feldmans last movie, he died while they were making it.

5 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Sex Drive. It's not the funniest movie ever, but it's a good one. When I saw the trailer I thought it would suck but I watched out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised.

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is hilarious if you watch it with the right people. So is Napoleon Dynamite.

My wife went to high school with Jon Heder and was friends with his older sister.

"Grandma said quit eating all her steaks, you're ruining  our lives."