Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

5 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Sammy Watkins = Rams 2nd round pick -last year if his contract

Brandon Cooks.  = Rams 1st round pick -last year of his contract

What the F are the Rams doing?

You clearly don't understand, they need to open up the field so that Woods, Kupp and Gurley can get their receptions.  It's so totally worth it!

On a serious note, it certainly appears it is make or break time for them because they won't be able to keep some of these players for longer than a year or two similar to the fleece job they had on them for Watkins.   

They are without a 1st and 2nd now, right?

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

You clearly don't understand, they need to open up the field so that Woods, Kupp and Gurley can get their receptions.  It's so totally worth it!

On a serious note, it certainly appears it is make or break time for them because they won't be able to keep some of these players for longer than a year or two similar to the fleece job they had on them for Watkins.   

They are without a 1st and 2nd now, right?

them and the Texans.

Edited by Foxx

it would seem like if they are positioning for a QB they have decided that the lower tiers are what they want.  Therefore, be in position to grab Mason Rudolph and if necessary jump ahead of the Bills at 22 or even Arizona at #15 to do just that.

I can't believe they feel they have a shot at Rosen. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or they realized they weren’t going to be able to sign Cooks and took a sweet deal on a trade to acquire a 1st rd pick, which they really needed to add young, cost-effective  talent to a roster with holes.

Too simple, needs about 75% more tinfoil - the Pats made this move strictly to mess with the Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Seems like he's trying to build a dream team based on names. They'd better win the Super Bowl this year because they're mortgaging the future.

He's trying to win over the city of Los Angeles in the competition between his team and the Chargers before the new venue is ready. 

16 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Rams had a hole at receiver.

They just filled it with a 24 year old receiver with 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seaons. 

On paper, it hurts the Patriots, so I love the move. Draft picks don't mean jack until you do something with them. 

who they will get 1 season, will have to pay way more than a rookie, and will lose all value for next year unless they sign him to a big contract.  Cooks/Sammy were just rentals.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's trying to win over the city of Los Angeles in the competition between his team and the Chargers before the new venue is ready. 

Yeah I know. Not my style to operate the way he is.

1/32 chance is about 3% chance to win SB. Assume they have better talent than anyone else so make it 10%, that still leaves a lot of room for failure. Team could be in a fix when the new stadium opens. I also don't think Goff is as great as some.

16 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Beane has a friend in Gettleman, he will have every opportunity for the Giants pick if it becomes available. No way NYG deals with BB over BEANE.

While none of this is tangible and there are no allegiances this helps me sleep a little easier at night.  

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Yeah I know. Not my style to operate the way he is.

1/32 chance is about 3% chance to win SB. Assume they have better talent than anyone else so make it 10%, that still leaves a lot of room for failure. Team could be in a fix when the new stadium opens. I also don't think Goff is as great as some.

They don't have to win though. They just have to be better than the Chargers and be more active in the media making moves and being the happening team. If he botches it and turns out worse than the Chargers then all bets are off. 

Just look at the Giants / Jets of the last 20 years.

Edited by What a Tuel

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What if I don't think he sucks? 

I don't think Rudolph sucks either. I would be thrilled if we drafted him at #22 (or #12) and kept all those other picks. But I trust the process so if McBeane decides to mortgage the farm for a QB, I will assume that's what had to be done.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

They don't have to win though. They just have to be better than the Chargers and be more active in the media making moves and being the happening team. If he botches it and turns out worse than the Chargers then all bets are off. 

Just look at the Giants / Jets of the last 20 years.

Just not my style. I'm from the Herb Brooks school of we're trying to get the best TEAM not the best players. They have an aging and mediocre Oline is an example of where I'd focus. I also don't think being better than the Chargers get's the job done.

6 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Seems like he's trying to build a dream team based on names. They'd better win the Super Bowl this year because they're mortgaging the future.

Not really mortgaging their future.

Were they going to get a receiver at #23 with Cooks ability? Probably not. As it sits now they have $81m in cap space for 2019, which doesn't include about $8m in rollover. They could easily sign Cooks and Donald to long term contracts. Suh seems like a 1-year rental anyways and then they still have their picks for 2019.

Having Goff on a rookie deal allows them to do all sorts of moving and shaking.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Not really mortgaging their future.

Were they going to get a receiver at #23 with Cooks ability? Probably not. As it sits now they have $81m in cap space for 2019, which doesn't include about $8m in rollover. They could easily sign Cooks and Donald to long term contracts. Suh seems like a 1-year rental anyways and then they still have their picks for 2019.

Having Goff on a rookie deal allows them to do all sorts of moving and shaking.

Didn't know they  had 81M, but I do know they have some huge paydays coming up.