Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Regardless of what this means or doesn't about the Pats, the Rams are absolute morons.  At 23 they could have just picked a receiver equal to or better than Cooks and had him cheap for 5 years.  This is such a bad trade for them.  

It's a weak WR class and there's never any guarantees in the draft.  You're correct though that this was a dumb trade by the Rams.  They gave up a 2nd round pick for Watkins and a 1st round pick for Cooks with the possibility of both leaving after one year because of contract demands.  Cooks holds all the leverage as far as a contract extension goes as he can compare his stats to Watkins and say I demand at least that much.  I guess the Rams are all in on the present without much regard to the future with all the moves they've made this offseason.  

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We all kill ourselves if the patriots get Rosen.  :death:  :death:  :death:

I don't think massacheatsus wants him at all... But you can bet Beane got a call from the Pegulas when this news broke.

*(sigh)  Bye-bye farm! :cry:

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This isn't true at all. 

Pats now have 2 firsts and 2 seconds: 23, 31, 43, 63.  It is not as much as the Bills, but it isn't so far behind that they can't cause the Bills some trouble.

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What if I don't think he sucks? 

I don't think he does either.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

How the heck do they get a 1st for Cooks? Why do teams let Belechick do this to them?

Agreed. BB consistently pulls the wool over the eyes of teams with trades. I don't know how he does it. I am always very surprised that teams take what BB offers them.

Did anyone criticize Belichick for paying a 1st for Cooks last year or was that a brilliant move too?

57 minutes ago, nucci said:

Did anyone criticize Belichick for paying a 1st for Cooks last year or was that a brilliant move too?

I did. I remember being happy for fantasy bc I had Brady as a keeper :sick:, but also I was happy the Pats wouldn't have a 1st rounder. Thought it was way too much for Cooks.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do not think the Bills are in on anyone other than one of their top guys. There are 2nd tier QBs out there like White, Lauletta, Rudolph ...but they have the assets to do better. They likely couldn’t care less for their own plans if belichick wants to draft Rudolph, and probably hope he does. 

Lauretta is the one if any, I expect the Pats to draft in the first round for QB. ANY of the rest will be their round 2. But I agree with a lot here if they stay out it’s the local product Landry and probably another pass rusher at 31.the Pats pass rush was awful last year.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lauretta is the one if any, I expect the Pats to draft in the first round for QB. ANY of the rest will be their round 2. But I agree with a lot here if they stay out it’s the local product Landry and probably another pass rusher at 31.the Pats pass rush was awful last year.

I don't get the Lauletta as a 1st or even 2nd rounder to be honest.  He is a day 3 player for me.