Browns happy with Tyrod......what if.......

RFL

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, maybe. Might throw more passes, for instance. 

But he'll still be Tyrod. The jury's in.

more passes might be what the doctor ordered. That and better WRs. I mean a guy who rarely throws interceptions, why can't he have passed more in Buff. It's not like our offense was lighting it up.

I'm a Tyrod sympathizer.. not a Tyrod champion by any stretch. That's my angle.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Poor Browns Fans 

The Browns cannot afford to miss out on Franchise QBs in spite of getting multiple chances at it.  It would be catastrophic for that city for their team to keep ignoring the QBs.

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

more passes might be what the doctor ordered. That and better WRs. I mean a guy who rarely throws interceptions, why can't he have passed more in Buff. It's not like our offense was lighting it up.

I'm a Tyrod sympathizer.. not a Tyrod champion by any stretch. That's my angle.

I'm a Tyrod sympathizer too. Great guy. But after 7 years we know who he is.

And yeah, more passes will be what the doctor ordered ... to increase his total yardage and his other raw totals, his quantitative numbers. But again, he'll still be Tyrod. The few passes he threw here did make a difference in keeping his quantitative numbers down. But not his qualitative numbers. 

And yeah, our offense wasn't exactly lighting it up. Except for, you know, the running game. Which really was lighting it up. Which is a huge advantage for a QB. It was the passing game specifically that was having problems.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

All we have at QB right now is pure hope due to the unknown.... no matter what your preferred solution is under center 

Obviously. I was referring to the “build around TT/AJ” truthers, not to my opinion.

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, uticaclub said:

There's also Bills fans that say we should keep are picks and build around AJ McCarron. Both AJ & Tyrod are backups

You may be right but at leading Tyrod had 3 full season to prove he should be a starter , 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But I assume this person has actually seen TT play for 3 years, and still says it. AJ fans are just full of pure hope due to the unknown. 

Yep and Yep. He figures more weapons, take QB later rounds or next year. Imagine the Browns with Barkley and Nelson 20 minutes into the draft? Browns should be fun to watch

7 minutes ago, RFL said:

Yep and Yep. He figures more weapons, take QB later rounds or next year. Imagine the Browns with Barkley and Nelson 20 minutes into the draft? Browns should be fun to watch

They don’t need a guard. They need a LT. And corners. If I were them I wouldn’t waste a high pick on a RB. They have 2 good ones already. They should take one a bit later like Michel/Chubb/guice and shore up the holes in their D and ol 

dorsey has traditionally drafted QB, DB, OT high and i expect the same now. I don’t think he’s all of a sudden going to throw a top 5 pick at an RB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They don’t need a guard. They need a LT. And corners. If I were them I wouldn’t waste a high pick on a RB. They have 2 good ones already. They should take one a bit later like Michel/Chubb/guice and shore up the holes in their D and ol 

dorsey has traditionally drafted QB, DB, OT high and i expect the same now. I don’t think he’s all of a sudden going to throw a top 5 pick at an RB. 

At 12 they could get one of Ward / Fitzpatrick / James and at 22 they could get McGlinchy.  Just saying.

yeah, 3rd team, second starting. I can see him all of a sudden becoming an accurate passer capable of reading defenses while leading the team to touchdowns consistently. browns finish 11-5, win the division and make the playoffs and he and the offense score much more then 3 points in the divisional round. then he ends up facing brady and co in the afc championship game, beating the patsies single handedly leading the browns to the sb where he and the browns win against rogers and the pack and named sb mvp.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

At 12 they could get one of Ward / Fitzpatrick / James and at 22 they could get McGlinchy.  Just saying.

And they should. Looking at what they can get by trading out of 4 with the Bills vs just taking Barkley there is absurd. They should be fired if they don’t do it. RB at 4 is laughable in this draft. 

8 hours ago, yungmack said:

:lol:

I get dark humor jokes just as much as the next guy but posts such as that should mean a suspension of privileges.  Hess, Goehring, Himmler were no jokes to millions who suffered under that regime.  My family on my father's side lost a lot including life.  In the end it really did not matter who or what you were.  It was get with the program or die.  If a similar joke was made using a KKK figure I would imagine that it would not be allowed to stand.  Or at least the tone would clearly show that the KKK figure was being made fun of.

Tyrod should be able to stop the bleeding in Cleveland and not have them beat themselves with stupid turnovers, beyond that he has proven he is not a world burner and a stop gap QB at best. They are drafting a QB unless they pull off the most Brownsy move ever and load up on a RB and probably a LT if they were smart.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

53 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I've been saying that Beane should call Dorsey and say he'll need a franchise LT to protect his franchise QB and trading down with the Bills and taking McGlinchey at 12 would be perfect. 

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've been saying that Beane should call Dorsey and say he'll need a franchise LT to protect his franchise QB and trading down with the Bills and taking McGlinchey at 12 would be perfect. 

I'm not ruling anything out.  I think the people who say the Browns would have too many picks if they traded with us are clueless.  The stories have been out about how much draft capital the Giants "could" have, but it really holds true to the Browns.  They easily could have 8-9 picks in the top 65, that's adding cheap depth all over.

Ultimately I believe we'll move up to get a QB, either at 2 or 4, the amount of picks that can be offered is simply too enticing and our need at QB is simply too great.  I think the Giants are going to smoke screen and play it out until draft night, they would likely love to do a deal similar to the Colts and take a handful of picks, but if something doesn't materialize them sitting on the clock will make us or someone else desperate enough to meet their likely sky high price.  If they stay at take a QB, then Cleveland at 4 could really get the godfather offer.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are pretty clued in the Cleveland scene. Is Dorsey in full control of the operation or is he still contending with an interfering owner? Reports were that Dorsey wanted to fire Hue Jackson and move on with a clean slate. But it was the owner who wouldn't permit the change because of financial considerations over Jackson's contract payout.

I agree with you that Cleveland should address another need with their second first round pick. There will be some big time talents on the defensive side of the ball. If they were determined to get a back they could address that issue at the top of the next round where high end talent will be available (as you noted).

If Cleveland smartly handles their draft and with their cap availability does the same in the free agent market this tormented franchise could make a dramatic turn upwards. However, if they make some bad decisions with their high picks as they have a history of doing they will be again lose a golden opportunity that is there  for the taking.