Josh Rosen snaps back on Mora comments

So - Mora accused him of being intellectual - and of having the millennial disease of needing to know "why?".

Seems to me that Rosen's response was exactly what it should have been.  Why?

I sort of take Mora's comments another way.  Is what he was saying more about Josh, or more about the Cleveland coaching staff?  Is he saying they don't have the tools to intellectually challenge him?  That they are going to be unable to get him to focus on Football?

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

asking why IS a bad thing if your coaching style is spit flying everywhere and the only thing you want to hear is "SIR YES SIR!"

3 yards and a cloud of dust type guys don't like questions.

Yea Mora was more of a shut up and throw type coach... as he knew his ass was on the line.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe the Buffalo you live in.  The Buffalo I grew up/ lived in is a great time.  The weather sucks for 8 months but that is football season anyways.

most people won’t think Aaron Rodgers would love GB and he will have a statue built for him there.

I am not just talking about weather I am talking about his super left wing political views, his personality, his wealthy family background. I do not see him enjoying life here. I would take Mayfield before Rosen if both are on the board.

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Oh come on...you know what I mean.

Like stay off twitter

So lets see have you looked at his twitter?

Seems pretty mundane. Better than being arrested naked or on a picture TMZ with some girl doing blow

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am quite familiar with the Mora comments, both of them...I just dont get how Josh tweet is some kind of big "snap back" to Mora.  Seems quite uneventful if you ask me.

Really? Mora says he's a millennial that needs to know why and Rosen tweets "Why", which is certainly directed at Mora while being a bit playful. He's acknowledging what Mora has said and then putting it back in his face again. 

• Like (+1) 2

Truly great coaches would LOVe a QB who wants all the details, all the ins and outs and the whys. That's how you dissect a defense together.

Mediocre coaches like Mora just want blind obedience and see questions not as genuine curiosity and desire but challenges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

I think everyone is missing the brilliance in Rosen’s tweet.  He humorously just did what his coach said he would do.  I call that Moxie, but what the heck do I know...

I think the reason that I appreciate him so much is that he reminds me of myself. Knowing that you're one of the smartest people in any room gives you this condescending smugness that most people assume to be arrogance. It's not, we just know that we're superior to you.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, he hasn’t said anything!!! So trying to reach for reasons to hate a player that you obviously don’t agree with his beliefs on social issues.  Shut up and throw, amirite???

I didn't even remember if this was that kid or not, honestly. 

I just think it's stupid he'd tweet.  These kids should be on lockdown right now. No nuffin

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I am not just talking about weather I am talking about his super left wing political views, his personality, his wealthy family background. I do not see him enjoying life here. I would take Mayfield before Rosen if both are on the board.

You know that the city of Buffalo is a democratic city, right?  And Rodgers is much different than the average GB citizen in his views.  If you can play and win, no one cares.

i hate politics and the way they divide us.  I think the guy in office is a clown but that has nothing to do with his party.  But I know that RI and Rex were big Trump guys.  When I watched the Bills I couldn’t care less about who they voted for.  Rex was a crappy coach no matter who he voted for.

personally, I think Rosen is the best qb in the draft and is only held back because Mora did a crappy job as a coach.  I also respect a kid who has money speaking out on social issues because most people in his position couldn’t care less.

but as long as a guy isn’t a complete scumbag or douche, their ability to play football should be the major factor in drafting them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

I think the reason that I appreciate him so much is that he reminds me of myself. Knowing that you're one of the smartest people in any room gives you this condescending smugness that most people assume to be arrogance. It's not, we just know that we're superior to you.

I admire your candor, Blokes.  You complete me.

People seem to be focusing on the "he needs to know why" part for some reason when it seems like the more negative parts of what Mora said was his implication that Rosen often loses focus and "has many interests" when people are already questioning if he cares more about outside things than he does football.

12 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I know what you mean. The world and his wife are looking for reasons to dislike him and by making comments in the public domain, he's only going to invite more criticism.

I like the kid and I hate Mora so I'm naturally going to side with the guy that I like. I appreciate him being willing to defend himself against some of the things that have been said about him (even if it's in a particularly passive-aggressive manner) but I fully understand that it might not sit well with everyone.

Spot on. When someone doesn't like you no matter what you do they won't like you.  But, in some cases where people are on the fence or still justing your character anything can change their viewpoint. It's best, in this situation, to do nothing.  Let actions back it up. If asked by a team or reporter what he thinks he simply says "I don't have anything to say to that and look forward to showing what I can do on the field."

It sucks but right now when you're in his position you don't throw punches, not even jabs.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I didn't even remember if this was that kid or not, honestly. 

I just think it's stupid he'd tweet.  These kids should be on lockdown right now. No nuffin

I don’t disagree with this.  If I was an agent, I’d make my players delete all social media until they sign their contract.

that said, the Rosen stuff is 99.9% media & .1% Rosen.

Just now, DCOrange said:

People seem to be focusing on the "he needs to know why" part for some reason when it seems like the more negative parts of what Mora said was his implication that Rosen often loses focus and "has many interests" when people are already questioning if he cares more about outside things than he does football.

Or people just know Mora throws his former players under the bus and take no stock into what he says

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He might be a dick but he's 100% right in his feelings on Rosen. He's tired of babysitting the premadonna.  Rosen will have a very short lived NFL career marked by injuries and conflicts with authority figures called coaches.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t disagree with this.  If I was an agent, I’d make my players delete all social media until they sign their contract.

that said, the Rosen stuff is 99.9% media & .1% Rosen.

I cannot believe how little I know about anything right now NFL related. This is embarrassing that I know the kid who has political views but no idea who he is. Or that north Dakota QB. Or Penn State has Barkley. That'd be the only player by name I'd know other than a linebacker Vander Bosch or something. 

15 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Really? Mora says he's a millennial that needs to know why and Rosen tweets "Why", which is certainly directed at Mora while being a bit playful. He's acknowledging what Mora has said and then putting it back in his face again. 

I love the subtle troll back...