Beane is “Trying Like Hell” To Move Up For a QB

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/04/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_reportedly_trying_like_hell_to_trade_up_for_qb.html

An interesting article from Matthew Fairburn about rumors of Brandon Beane trying to strike a deal to move up in the draft for a QB.   The source cited was Jason LaCanfora so that that what you will.  I know LaCanfora has been used many times by agents to get a message out there.

"Brandon is trying like hell to get up and get a quarterback," the NFL GM told La Canfora. "I'm convinced he'll trade up twice more if he has to. It reminds me of (Eagles general manager) Howie (Roseman) a few years ago (when he was moving up to land Carson Wentz)."

• Like (+1) 4

There is so much information coming out, I actually wonder if it is a smoke screen and they are not planning to trade up. Otherwise,  all this info coming out is making them look almost desperate and that will cost them.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Several general managers I spoke to believe there is still ample opportunity for the Giants and Bills to make a move – Bills general manager Brandon Beane worked under Gettleman in Carolina for a spell – and no one is convinced that the Bills are done wheeling and dealing.

"Brandon is trying like hell to get up and get a quarterback," said one general manager who has spoken to Beane recently. "I'm convinced he'll trade up twice more if he has to. It reminds me of (Eagles general manager) Howie (Roseman) a few years ago (when he was moving up to land Carson Wentz)."

Of course. Gettleman isn't interested in dropping all the way back to 12th overall, where the Bills currently sit after their trade with the Bengals. But if Beane can split the difference somewhat, then odds are quite good the Bills and Giants could be trade partners. If, say, the Broncos aren't convinced there is a quarterback worth taking at the fifth spot, that would be a perfect launching point for Beane. And that would be a sweetspot for Gettleman.

"If Beane gets the five, I know he can get to two," said the general manager who has been in contact with Beane.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/04/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_reportedly_trying_like_hell_to_trade_up_for_qb.html

An interesting article from Matthew Fairburn about rumors of Brandon Beane trying to strike a deal to move up in the draft for a QB.   The source cited was Jason LaCanfora so that that what you will.  I know LaCanfora has been used many times by agents to get a message out there.

"Brandon is trying like hell to get up and get a quarterback," the NFL GM told La Canfora. "I'm convinced he'll trade up twice more if he has to. It reminds me of (Eagles general manager) Howie (Roseman) a few years ago (when he was moving up to land Carson Wentz)."

I was about to post this too...

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Didn't try hard enough to trump the Jets offer.  Hopefully he pulls something off.

This take has become extremely tired. It's most likely inaccurate . Beane didn't have what was required to trump what the Jets could offer the Colts: namely a high draft slot. The Colts moved back a mere 3 spots ( about as safe as could be) and scored 3 second rounders for practically nothing. A move back to 12 incorporated risk for the Colts , and removed them from scoring another potential deal in the trade up for a QB market. The 6th pick fit that nicely. It wasn't happening for the Bills because they lacked the currency to give the Colts what they wanted. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Didn't try hard enough to trump the Jets offer.  Hopefully he pulls something off.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate and nobody will know until years from now when NFL Network does "Caught in the Draft" about this year's Draft process. Because, I think the Colts wanted to stay as close to #3 as possible, and with Jets at 6 and Bills at 12, they didn't want to fall out of the top 10 despite two 1st round picks....

• Like (+1) 1

repost.  i almost prefer they pick outside of the top 5 because i don't trust them to pick the right QB at 2.  if they traded all the way up and took Josh Allen or Sam Darnold i would barf.  Rosen is my guy but Mayfield at 5-7 is the best value if they like him.

• Like (+1) 1