How do you watch the draft?

RFL

This may have previously been posted, if so my apologies.  How do you take in the draft?  For years when I was in Amherst NY, a mile from UB north, we’d get together with a bunch of friends go downtown and have a fun night. But I missed alot of the analytical stuff with all the hootin and hollerin. Now in Florida for 7 years and not a ton of Bills fans around me, I tell the wife Im not available draft weekend, have the tv on, the laptop and ipad with draft trackers and kick back.  Wifey says Im the only one that does this.......am I lol?

If they draft a top QB I will be watching round 2 from prison because I'm going to run down the street naked screaming with joy.

If they dont get a top QB I will be watching round 2 from prison because I'm going to run down the street naked screaming in agony.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Oh, you mean Second Christmas?

I watch at my house, in isolation, with draft guides spread out in front of me. 

This year, since both ESPN and NFL Network are simulcasting on network TV (I don't have cable), I'll likely switch back and forth during all non-Bills moments.

Oh...and of course I'll look eagerly forward to the annual "Go to commercial whenever the Bills are on the clock" tradition that BOTH broadcasts subscribe to. For seemingly EVERY OTHER TEAM, we get 3-5 minutes pre and post pick discussing positional needs, scheme fit, etc....but when it's BUFFALO'S turn to pick? Well...everyone knows you go to commercial! Every. Single. Year.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Since they moved it to Thursday night I have usually listened to it on the radio from work. This year I took vacation so I’ll be on the couch like the old days with draft guides and snacks.

God how I miss the old format of being on just Saturday and Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, RFL said:

This may have previously been posted, if so my apologies.  How do you take in the draft?  For years when I was in Amherst NY, a mile from UB north, we’d get together with a bunch of friends go downtown and have a fun night. But I missed alot of the analytical stuff with all the hootin and hollerin. Now in Florida for 7 years and not a ton of Bills fans around me, I tell the wife Im not available draft weekend, have the tv on, the laptop and ipad with draft trackers and kick back.  Wifey says Im the only one that does this.......am I lol?

Similar to you. Having a laptop on is a great tool to get a lot more info on the event as it unfolds. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was 29 years ago that my wife first left the house after delivery and trusted me with our first newborn. She returned to find me with an infant in my lap in front of the TV learning about how the Bills had done good and bad things on that ever-important day. He learned well. It’s best to start them early. She still tolerates me. 

• Like (+1) 1