Best QB since Jim Kelly *Poll*

Best QB since Jim Kelly? Poll  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Best QB since Jim Kelly? Poll

• Flutie. He beat the Jags on a rollout!
    • Johnson. He wins at Tennessee if not for the music city miracle!
    • Fitzpatrick. Fitz to Nelson beats the Pats!
    • Bledsoe. Tied the Jets on last play of first game with Bills!
    • Taylor. He got us to the playoffs!
    • Other. EJ Manuel beats Carolina. Peterman hits Benjamin for a TD in the snow. Losman to Evans baby.

I voted Flutie.

If we are talking single season I would vote Bledsoe. But if we are talking their entire tenure with the Bills then I would rank it:

1.Flutie

2.Taylor

3.Bledsoe

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Uncle Rico?

He was good for four games. Then I found myself actually wondering what EJ might be able to do, I think the actual moment was when he tried to scramble for a first on 4th and 2 against Denver and was stopped like two yards behind the line of scrimmage. He was going run the whole way and didn't even come close to making it. 

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Fitz on the Schwartz roster gets us to the playoffs no?

Fitz, Flutie, Taylor, Bledsoe, heck even Johnson maybe too.

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Hard to answer. Bledose was probably the most talented, but we didn't get him during his best years and probably kicked him to the curb too early.

Too early? He was God awful his last year with us. And I don't recall him doing anything in Dallas other than being benched for Romo.

For me it was almost a 4-way tie between Flutie, Fitz, Bledsoe, and Taylor when I first looked at the list. Then I thought Bledsoe really trailed off after the first year, maybe he was just on the downside of his career. And I love me some Fitz, but I thought of his late-game interceptions. And I have always liked and rooted for Tyrod, but the not taking any chances (ala Rob Johnson and Trent Edwards) made me leery to pick him too. So I voted for Flutie.

And then I decided to look up a few stats, just out of curiosity. Now, of course, Flutie had the best team around him and the smallest sample size, but...

Record          Pass Yds/Gm     Rush Yds/Gm      *TD/Gm              Int/Gm

Flutie         21-9                      253                       29.5                  1.66                     1

Bledsoe    23-25                    211                        2.7                    1.23                    .90

Fitz            20-33                    220                      15.5                   1.54                    1.2

Taylor       22-20                    211                       35.8                   1.54                    .36

*Includes rushing TDs because I think you have to weigh rushing yards and TDs in with a QB like Tyrod in the mix

After looking at that, I feel better about selecting Flutie. Going by stats alone I would say the rank would be Flutie, Taylor, Fitz, Bledsoe.

Edited by folz

Bledsoe after his first 8 games:

18-22, completed 57.87% of his passes, threw for 191.28 yards per game, 39 TDs, 38 INTs and lost 13 fumbles.

That doesn’t have account for what a statue he was in the pocket. By far, the player that Bills fans remember WAY more fondly than they should. 

Tough call as Bledsoe holds the all time Bills season passing record, but saw a significant decline his next two years with us.  Flutie had a better tenure with the Bills  stat wise though and helped lead the team to WC appearances.  Since we're just talking about their time with the Bills, it has to be Flutie.

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I voted Flutie.

If we are talking single season I would vote Bledsoe. But if we are talking their entire tenure with the Bills then I would rank it:

1.Flutie

2.Taylor

3.Bledsoe

He was good for four games. Then I found myself actually wondering what EJ might be able to do, I think the actual moment was when he tried to scramble for a first on 4th and 2 against Denver and was stopped like two yards behind the line of scrimmage. He was going run the whole way and didn't even come close to making it. 

Fitz, Flutie, Taylor, Bledsoe, heck even Johnson maybe too.

Too early? He was God awful his last year with us. And I don't recall him doing anything in Dallas other than being benched for Romo.

Lol, yup! 1 more year of Bledsoe would have been MUCH preferable to the bonfire that occurred. Even if it was an eventual easy changing of the guard. That was REALLY bad.. yikes.

Besides, he went 9-7 the and chucked it for 3k yards his 1st yr w the cowboys. I wlda signed up for that for 1 more year!

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, yup! 1 more year of Bledsoe would have been MUCH preferable to the bonfire that occurred. Even if it was an eventual easy changing of the guard. That was REALLY bad.. yikes.

Besides, he went 9-7 the and chucked it for 3k yards his 1st yr w the cowboys. I wlda signed up for that for 1 more year!

So with a better roster in Dallas he played average for the position. What makes you think he plays average in Buffalo if we retain him for one more season? He played like dog poop the two seasons prior. He had one good year with us and that's it. And as another poster mentioned, it was really only like his first 8 games or so that were good.

Tyrod.

He was the captain of the ship when the streak was broken.  All those other guys had their chance.  

Runner up:  Flutie.  He got us to the playoffs in 1999 and should have started in Nashville.  

When quarterbacks get benched during the season in Buffalo for any reason but injury, very bad things can happen if the wrong is not "righted."  The football gods do not approve.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

So with a better roster in Dallas he played average for the position. What makes you think he plays average in Buffalo if we retain him for one more season? He played like dog poop the two seasons prior. He had one good year with us and that's it. And as another poster mentioned, it was really only like his first 8 games or so that were good.

This is really how you want to spend your wed am? Talking about Drew Bledose and how he could have played had he stuck 1 more year?? Geesh, no thank you.. we have qb prospects to speculate over!!!;)

32 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

LOL. Pot calling the kettle black?

Not in the least! I'd just rather not debate something that is purely speculative and happened 15 years ago. There is no right answer and a take simply depends on how you felt about his tenure in the 1st pLace. In the end, who cares? Not me