4th may be the highest we can go.

Whatever happened to mods just merging similar threads? Like couldn't this just be seamlessly merged into the other threads? TwoBillsDrive is amazing, but I liked it better when you browsed a topic and read a conversation about it. Now it seems like I am browsing random personal thoughts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Only hope is if Giants take Barkely

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

So many varied responses/concerns.  So much hype regarding all the QB's (4) going in the top 5 picks.

STOP IT

This is so media driven and not football and team building.  As the draft nears and teams assess their current rosters, look at the list of available free agents, look at their position in the draft and review their draft boards you will start to see the realism and not the over-hyped speculation as the draft approaches.

Now, let's look at the situation realistically.  Who really needs a 1st RD QB.  Here are the catagories:

1.  Must Draft

2.  Could use a QB but has higher priority in RD 1

3.  Need a QB round 2 or later

4.  No QB need for this draft

1.  Must Draft

Cleveland

NY Jets

Buffalo

Arizona

2.  Could use a QB but has higher priority in RD 1

Miami

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

New England

3.  Need a QB Round 2 or later

NY Giants

Denver

Washington

Jacksonville

4.  No QB Need

Tennessee

Houston

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Oakland

Philadelphia

Dallas

Detroit

Minnesota

Chicago

Green Bay

Tampa Bay

Seattle

LA Rams

San Francisco

Atlanta

Carolina

Any disagreements with this list

Yes. You are overvaluing Eli. NYG easily can go QB. Theeir roster is terrible so best move is to trade down. But if they think Eli is done they may draft QB.  

Giants will either pick a QB, Nelson or Chubb.   I doubt they trade down unless they are not going QB and Denver is looking to jump up -- that's a perfect team for the Giants to trade with cause they can still get their guy at 6 and pick up another pick or two.   

4 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I really doubt Cleveland is gonna trade out of number 1. This is their opportunity to finally draft a franchise QB so it just wouldn't make sense for them to trade out. 

Everyone assumes that were gonna trade with the Giants and go up to 2. But the thing is Dave Gettleman has NEVER traded down in his career. This tells me the Giants are staying put at 2 and taking the best player on their board.

The Jets will take a quarterback at 3 (either Allen or Rosen).

So 4th is likely the highest position we will be able to move up to and at that point at least 2 quarterbacks will be off the board. 

So in other words it looks like were !@#$ed. 

4th is high enough.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Giants will either pick a QB, Nelson or Chubb.   I doubt they trade down unless they are not going QB and Denver is looking to jump up -- that's a perfect team for the Giants to trade with cause they can still get their guy at 6 and pick up another pick or two.   

Broncos pick 5th, but you're correct in that's the perfect team for them to trade back with.  Broncos have a lot of needs as well so they may pass on a QB if they're sold on Keenum.

10 hours ago, White Linen said:

What makes you think Cleveland wouldn't trade out of 1?  They need picks.  

No they don't, they have quite a few. 1, 4, 33, 35, 114, 150, 175.

Has anyone looked at their roster lately? Allow me.

Taylor and Darnold at QB. Coleman, Landry, Gordon WRs. Crowell, Johnson and quite possibly Barkley at RB. Ogbah, Garrett, Nassib, Peppers, Gaines on Defense. Njoku at TE and Bitonio on the OL. I'm sure I'm missing some decent players.  By the time its said and done they will be LOADED!! for the upcoming season. Will they do anything? Well they are the Browns.  

They may have a similar turnaround like the Jags last season, maybe not as deep a run but I can see 7-8 wins.

Edited by billsbackto81

assuming Darnold goes #1, 4 would get us one of Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield. We know that our front office will want certain of these players and not others. IMO Rosen and his concussion history are likely make GMs think twice. The question to ask is which of these QBs is our front office likely to value higher than AJ. You could say, physically, Allen has the biggest upside even though he may not be as accurate as Rosen or Mayfield. Mayfield's rise from walk on to starter screams great character and leadership attributes. On the NFL Network Charlie Weis said he valued Mayfield the highest of the QBs likening him to Drew Brees and Russel Wilson. 

I can't help but wonder if 12 is where Beane wants to be. He's not the type to do things by accident. I think McD's experience on the Panthers with Newton will give him the realization that having a player like Lamar Jackson makes up for other inadequacies like say a mediocre running game while still being a viable passing threat. 

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

No they don't, they have quite a few. 1, 4, 33, 35, 114, 150, 175.

Has anyone looked at their roster lately? Allow me.

Taylor and Darnold at QB. Coleman, Landry, Gordon WRs. Crowell, Johnson and quite possibly Barkley at RB. Ogbah, Garrett, Nassib, Peppers, Gaines on Defense. Njoku at TE and Bitonio on the OL. I'm sure I'm missing some decent players.  By the time its said and done they will be LOADED!! for the upcoming season. Will they do anything? Well they are the Browns.  

They may have a similar turnaround like the Jags last season, maybe not as deep a run but I can see 7-8 wins.

Cleveland has #64 from Philadelphia too.

Crowell is gone but we signed Carlos Hyde.

Edited by cle23