4th may be the highest we can go.

I really doubt Cleveland is gonna trade out of number 1. This is their opportunity to finally draft a franchise QB so it just wouldn't make sense for them to trade out. 

Everyone assumes that were gonna trade with the Giants and go up to 2. But the thing is Dave Gettleman has NEVER traded down in his career. This tells me the Giants are staying put at 2 and taking the best player on their board.

The Jets will take a quarterback at 3 (either Allen or Rosen).

So 4th is likely the highest position we will be able to move up to and at that point at least 2 quarterbacks will be off the board. 

So in other words it looks like were !@#$ed. 

Edited by Klaista2k

This would have been the PERFECT response in the TIME TO GET GETTLEMAN ON THE PHONE thread or the TRADE TO #2 thread.

Heck, the little new insight that seems to be required for a thread would have been welcome!

But, alas, here we are! But say the bills trade to 4, then up to 2, then down to 10 then back to 7, and end up w the guy they wanted all along... Then, and only then.. will Beane have outsmarted us all...

Bills Fan for Dummies VOL 1

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m in the minority, but I think 4 is a good spot, but you don’t do anything until after the Giants draft at 2.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot (if any steam) to the Giants wanting out of 2 and if they get Barkley or Chubb, why would they.

Rosen or Mayfield would be there at 4 and you wouldn’t half to sell the whole draft.

4 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I don’t even think the Browns trade out of 4, especially if Barkley is sitting there 

I Know I'm not sure they will either.

And Denver picks after them. This just isn't looking very good right now. 

Edited by Klaista2k

Just now, Klaista2k said:

I Know I'm not sure they will either

And Denver picks after them. This just isn't looking very good right now. 

Ya if Giants don’t trade out, then 6 or 7 will have to be their best bet to probably get either Mayfield or Allen (whoever is left)

33 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I really doubt Cleveland is gonna trade out of number 1. This is their opportunity to finally draft a franchise QB so it just wouldn't make sense for them to trade out. 

Everyone assumes that were gonna trade with the Giants and go up to 2. But the thing is Dave Gettleman has NEVER traded down in his career. This tells me the Giants are staying put at 2 and taking the best player on their board.

The Jets will take a quarterback at 3 (either Allen or Rosen).

So 4th is likely the highest position we will be able to move up to and at that point at least 2 quarterbacks will be off the board. 

So in other words it looks like were !@#$ed. 

What makes you think Cleveland wouldn't trade out of 1?  They need picks.  

I think Jets want the Baker. .The best I can see us doing is staying ahead of Arizona and MIA.  CLE, NYJ, DEN  and possibly NYG go QB ahead of us and we are not sneaking past them. By some miracle, DEN or NYG go other than QB, we may have a shot at Allen or Rosen if we trade up to 6-10. MIA and AZ also want QB's early so it's going to be a dogfight. 

That has been my assumption for a while now.  Everything I've heard suggests they are happy at #2.  There has even been a suggestion that they might be interested in TRADING UP to #1.  I also don't think Cleveland has any interest in trading out of #1.  I do think they'll listen to offers for #4, however.  Don't expect it to be cheap as there may be other bidders in that auction.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well at least we know what will happen now.  I’m less stressed 

Haha lol. 

The longer this goes on the more of a remedial drafting 101 vibe I get.

I'll check back in 3 weeks when this thread has caught up w the rest of the board..

Edited by gobills1212

So many varied responses/concerns.  So much hype regarding all the QB's (4) going in the top 5 picks.

STOP IT

This is so media driven and not football and team building.  As the draft nears and teams assess their current rosters, look at the list of available free agents, look at their position in the draft and review their draft boards you will start to see the realism and not the over-hyped speculation as the draft approaches.

Now, let's look at the situation realistically.  Who really needs a 1st RD QB.  Here are the catagories:

1.  Must Draft

2.  Could use a QB but has higher priority in RD 1

3.  Need a QB round 2 or later

4.  No QB need for this draft

1.  Must Draft

Cleveland

NY Jets

Buffalo

Arizona

2.  Could use a QB but has higher priority in RD 1

Miami

Baltimore