TSW Mock Trade Draft vs Actual

Virgil

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Jaguars are on the clock

@Batman1876

This might be the first pick I strongly disagree with. I think the Steelers are happy with Jones as their backup, maybe even heir apparent. 

Just going by Pitt reports and I also feel Rudolph should be picked in round 1 so I did it

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

With the 27th pick, the New Orleans Saints select...

Harold Landry - DE - Boston College

I think that's a steal so late in the round, I think he will be a very good player

If (when) the Bills trade up we should do this again with no trades allowed just to see how things would fall naturally. There's a possibility Bills could trade up 1-7 after the owners meetings so then things might really get interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

I figured I would see what everyone wanted to do. I’m all for the “no-trade” mock with a 6 hour time limit. That way everyone has to check in daily 

count me in for one with no trades

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'd be down as long as my pick doesn't come up at like 11PM or Midnight.

Virgil made it so everyone had 24hours.  He did a great job with it. Most of the owners made the picks quick so the draft could get done quicker, it was a nice break and way to pass the time here. Sign up if he does it again

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Virgil made it so everyone had 24hours.  He did a great job with it. Most of the owners made the picks quick so the draft could get done quicker, it was a nice break and way to pass the time here. Sign up if he does it again

Oh, I agree. His 6 hour suggestion concerned me though. And I'm using concerned very loosely. I really don't care that much :lol:

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

I figured I would see what everyone wanted to do. I’m all for the “no-trade” mock with a 6 hour time limit. That way everyone has to check in daily 

I am game for that, I would like to see how it shakes out with no trades this one got away a little with the trades IMO. If this one had more rounds I think I would have tried to trade back to the top of round 2 for my Rudolph pick. One without trades should go quicker IMO as long as most are on.

The 6 hours could be a tough sell because of let's say they get the pick late at night. I like the 24 hour rule but encourage owners to pick as early as possible to make it move along quickly. I would think it would with no trades while giving owners a little flex in case they have a life, haha.

Virgil thanks for all the work you did with this, great job man. IMO everyone that enjoyed it should give you a like to show some Buffalo love and appreciation for your dedication to it. 

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Oh, I agree. His 6 hour suggestion concerned me though. And I'm using concerned very loosely. I really don't care that much :lol:

I addressed the 6hours in my post above I also had concern with it.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

Eagles are on the clock 

@whatdrought

A few thoughts. 

Wait until the owners meeting is down to make sure sure no more trades occur.  Do the no-trade mock after.  

The 6 hour rule is a guideline. If someone picks at 10pm, I’m not going to be awake at 4am to make that pick and update this thing. I’d pry give them until noon the next day. 

I’d make a new thread for 24 hours to confirm all the old owners, giving them first dibs to stay in, then open it up if someone else wanted in. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

All done gentlemen.  Thank you all for participating. Every pick, minus one, was done as it should be.  

I’ll do a signup thread for a “no trade” draft after the owners meeting, but everyone who participated here will have first dibs. 

Instead of 6 hours, we can just say everyone has 24 hours from the previous pick. That way, we never wait longer than a day. 

For the Bills pick, I will make a poll. 

Any other suggestions, let me know.  

It’s been fun and I look forward to seeing how this turns out 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

All done gentlemen.  Thank you all for participating. Every pick, minus one, was done as it should be.  

I’ll do a signup thread for a “no trade” draft after the owners meeting, but everyone who participated here will have first dibs. 

Instead of 6 hours, we can just say everyone has 24 hours from the previous pick. That way, we never wait longer than a day. 

great draft guys!  Virgil cookie is in the mail.

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would say there were a few surprises:

Hurst, Guice, Alexander, Daniels, Gesicki, Moore

All guys I have first round grades on.

That happens every year though.

Yea alexander for sure.  RBs usually have day 1 grades but franchises view them as dime a dozen. I think alexander and daniels would go before 3 TE

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I thought we were doing a full draft?

To do a complete draft with all these trades would be maddening IMO because of all the records of who is drafting when. IMO I took this as a round one only draft just to see how things could shake out with trades that way records would only have to be kept for round one. JMO

17 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I thought we were doing a full draft?

With all the trades, I don’t think I could keep up with it and others can’t help update the main page with me. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

I figured the trades would die down after the top ten qb rush. After that there would be some but not  ten a round or whatever it was. But I get it! It’s why I picked the colts with all the seconds!

throwing players in to the mix made it tough too I think

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Thanks for setting this up! I'll give up the fun of being the Browns for the next draft.