Giants not expected to draft QB unless Darnold is available

Rigotz

16 minutes ago, DFT said:

Not a smokescreen.  Schefter alluded to this and said talks between Browns and Giants regarding Darnold have already taken place.  The Browns taking Allen would be catastrophic to the Bills plans.

The Browns being convinced to take the QB who isn't #1 on their board would be catastrophic for the Browns plans.

7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Odd..the Daily News and SNY say they want Rosen. People are throwing darts now.

Speculation only:  the fans want Rosen.  The Giants want Darnold but do not want Rosen going to the Jets, due to his potential to be a 10 year reminder for fans, if he succeeds.  My guess, the Browns have long loved Darnold and Allen and it will come down to the two.  The Giants only want Darnold, though Rosen is identical to Manning and would be ideal.  The Jets COVET Rosen, as do the Bills.  Allen is a smokescreen.

im probably wrong though. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Browns being convinced to take the QB who isn't #1 on their board would be catastrophic for the Browns plans.

Unless Allen was tied with Darnold the entire time, as many have suspected.  Oh Cleveland....   

Edited by DFT

1 minute ago, DFT said:

Speculation only:  the fans want Rosen.  The Giants want Darnold but do not want Rosen going to the Jets, due to his potential to be a 10 year reminder for fans, if he succeeds.  My guess, the Browns have long loved Darnold and Allen and it will come down to the two.  The Giants only want Darnold, though Rosen is identical to Manning and would be ideal.  The Jets COVET Rosen, as do the Bills.  Allen is a smokescreen.

im probably wrong though. 

If Darnold and Rosen are gone what would the Jets do?

Just now, Batman1876 said:

If Darnold and Rosen are gone what would the Jets do?

Allen or Mayfield, I guess.  If you trade into 3, there has to be a tiered continuum of at least 3 people you like.   Mayfield would definitely be tough to watch.   He would give them a budding star.

This tells me they want Barkley and are trying to scare the Browns into taking Darnold 1st instead. 

This also makes me think they don’t want to trade back, because it doesn’t scare other QB needy teams 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This tells me they want Barkley and are trying to scare the Browns into taking Darnold 1st instead. 

This also makes me think they don’t want to trade back, because it doesn’t scare other QB needy teams 

Exactly, it's Barkley they want. Willing to bet they already have an offer with the Bills ready to go (including Jerry Hughes) in case Barkley goes #1. 

27 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

That is an interesting  point. I hadn't thought of that. It is a tough spot to be in.

The Giants wouldnt move down with BUF for only that reason, but the Bills taking a QB away from the Jets is something they wouldn't hate.