Taylor's Legacy

His legacy here will be how he exposed how dumb most Bills fans are. Awful coaching, practice squad receivers and a line that constantly gave up pressure despite rarely seeing a blitz, yet almost everyone wanted him gone. 

McDumbass had every break go his way this year but will soon be clapping his way out of town. Beane loves draft picks, not talent. This team will struggle to get to 5 wins next season and is likely drafting high in 2019 unless they foolishly trade that pick.

Oh well.. What's another 17 years?

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

His legacy here will be how he exposed how dumb most Bills fans are. Awful coaching, practice squad receivers and a line that constantly gave up pressure despite rarely seeing a blitz, yet almost everyone wanted him gone. 

McDumbass had every break go his way this year but will soon be clapping his way out of town. Beane loves draft picks, not talent. This team will struggle to get to 5 wins next season and is likely drafting high in 2019 unless they foolishly trade that pick.

Okay now Scotts post is no longer the worst in this thread.  

• Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

His legacy is that he's a career backup who, when given (and I mean given) the chance to start, proved that he is, indeed, a career backup.  He took a paycut to remain a "starter" and got traded to the worst team in the history of the NFL for a 3rd round pick.  He sucks.  That's his legacy.  Oh .. and let's not forget how he whipped out the race card, pretending that just because he's a black QB that he's held to higher standards.  Pathetic.

The last 3 Head Coaches he's had say he is a starter.

5 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

You need some glasses.    

Tyrods performances vs the Saints, Pats, Panthers, and Jags might be some of the worst qb play of all time.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

I don't know why this guy doesn't get ANY respect for his time with the Bills. He hasn't been supported by management or the front office at any point following his first season, despite him not only being the BEST option available for our team, but a BETTER option for nearly half the teams in the league. He statistically was the best QB since Drew Bledsoe, except he actually won enough games (meaningful games nonetheless) to FINALLY get a far inferior team to the playoffs. The 2004-2005 Bills had the best statistical defense to NOT make the playoffs in NFL history. Bledsoe had TWO +1100 yard rushers in T. Henry and McGahee, two #1 receivers in Lee Evans and Moulds, and the 3rd ranked defense and lost to Pittsburg's 3rd stringers at home for a win & in game. 

No he wasn't a pocket passer, yes he missed reads at times, but its no different than any other QB. Matthew Stafford's only made the playoffs 3 times in his career to this point and at two separate points was the highest paid QB in the league. He's no doubt a 10 win QB when the offense is catered to his strengths and a divisional round, maybe AFC championship round player. Of course I want this team to FINALLY win a championship and a divisional round QB obviously isn't going to achieve that, however I still think he deserved to be surrounded with more talent and given the opportunity to compete and lead this team, with a QB management thinks CAN be that franchise guy sitting and preparing to take over (or immediately it they're ready). 

Anyhow, Tyrod earned my respect and I wish him the best of luck! (except against the Bills of course)

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Watch Hue Jackson use him the right way, Tyrod has a near MVP type season throwing to Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, their TEs and Duke Johnson.  The Browns rebound from a winless season to go 8-8.  Then Darnold starts the next season.

Watch Tyrod have a nearly identical year to his last season.  Landry finishes with a career low in catches.

I liked Tyrod back in 2015 and was rooting for him beat out EJ and Matt Cassel. 

But like Holcomb and Trent and Fitzpatrick before him, it’s just starts getting old watching the oscillation between poor and pretty good. 

You never get elite play, you never get winning. It starts feeling long in the tooth at the end of Year 2  with these guys. 

You’re always have one foot out the door. 

Tyrod is one of the best human beings ever to wear a football uniform. My cousin went to Virginia Tech and hung out with him a multiple times volunteering. He is a good man with a big heart, and said all of the right things a QB should.

But like Fitzpatrick, he had already peaked skill-wise. As much as we wished they would improve, they always disappointed. 

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Watch Hue Jackson use him the right way, Tyrod has a near MVP type season throwing to Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, their TEs and Duke Johnson.

Won't happen. What probably will is Tyrod will play as Tyrod played here. Well enough to keep the Browns in games on days when their defense functions and the running game goes. They bump their win-loss record and then suddenly he gets benched for the rookie. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ok dude.  My point was that your initial assertion that "off the field things don't matter in the grand scheme of things" is pretty ignorant.  My view is that the time,  energy,  money someone pours into someone / something bigger than themselves is what really matters in the grand scheme of things (life). Ones ability to throw a football is way down on the list. 

Maybe in the future,  you can work on your articulation skills? 

With respect to what he did on the field, as an NFL QB.   It does not.   

I could list dozens of great players on the field that had crappy locker room presences and douche bags off of the field.  

Their legacy is what they did on the field.  

In closing    Lets agree to disagree.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He missed 4 games.

Do the math. He scored 3 TDs on the ground in 12 games. That's another TD in a full 16. So 4 TDs for a starting RB on a team that ran the ball at will is not good. 

Whats Watsons average over 16 games?

He CONSISTENTLY bounced the run outside instead of running the designed play. He even said it himself that he had a bad year and needed to reevaluate his play. His 2016 year was terrific. 

He missed more than 4 games but didn’t finish 2 others.

Karlos Williams was our big bodied and came in at short yardage and goaline situations.  He took away snaps away from Shady in those situations.

We ran power sweeps with Roman all the time.  How do you not remember it?  You won’t mention 4.4 ypc with Shady but want to average out Watson’s averages?  That was my point bringing that up.

LOL Scott...Shady was our worst running back in 2015?  My god.

It wasn’t a great year but he was still good and had the hamstring injury on and off.  He wasn’t terrible like you said.

9 hours ago, QB Bills said:

I've seen some ignorant posts on this board but this soars right to the top.

what an ignorant post.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I didn't say terrible. I said he had a bad year for his standards. 

He SAID IT HIMSELF that he needed to reevaluate his play and be more patient in his runs and follow the design of the play following the 2015 season.

Anyway, my overall point was in response to someone saying Taylor "rode the coat tails" of McCoy which is garbage.

Yeah he did say that but that doesn't mean he sucked.  Doesn't mean he still didn't run very well between the tackles.

Scottlaw2.jpg

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He had a bad year for his standards as his back ups averaged a better YPC and more TDs. ??

Continuing to ignore Williams/Gilly didn't have the required minimum carries to be included in the leaders and Shady had more carries than both of them combined....on a bad leg.

Gilly would have definitely kept that pace up if he was more of a featured back....just like he did in NE.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills led the league in yards before contact when rushing that year.... I think the pace would've been slightly less but not extremely less. 

Slightly less but not extreme less.....hmmmm

NE was 7th this year in yards before contact....yet he was the only RB on New England that couldn't eclipse 4.0 ypc....3.6 to be exact.  Not to mention having Tom Brady taken the pressure off of the run game.  Also not to mention Gilly was inactive (healthy scratch) for 7 games this year.  

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/2/14/17000878/new-england-patriots-offensive-line-yards-before-contact-solder-thuney-andrews-mason-cannon-waddle

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The Bills yards before contact was FAR superior to anyone else in the league that year. It wasn't even close from the Bills at 1st to the next best team. 

Before the season I watched the 2016 highlight reel.  I couldn't get over how many time Hotrod would hand it to Shady and he'd take it for long yardage and often TDs.  He'd  cut through a hole untouched often.  I was thinking, surely they will just copy these plays and not screw it up.  But, alas, they pulled a Rex on or run game.

2016 offense with the 2017 defense may have been able to beat Jaguars.

Will go down as one of the most polarizing players to ever start for the bills.

- Very steady

- Made plays

- Was the starting qb when we ended our playoff drought.

- EVERY time we tried to put another qb in they fell on their face.

Having said that

- He was at his ceiling as a qb

- Year in and year out had problems throwing WR's open.....conditions needed to be perfect in order for the passing attack to work (and I dont give squat about passing yards....I am talking about passing touchdowns......scoring points quickly.....and scoring points to come from behind when needed)

- Took too many sacks due to his playing style

- His effectiveness went way down when he was forced to stay in the pocket

Bottom line.....still one of the better qbs we have had under center for the bills (which is not saying much) and if the ultimate goal is to win a super bowl......we were not going to be able to put enough pieces around him to help him do that.......the bills need to search for better.....looks like they are doing that......I am ok with the decision.