Karlos Dansby visit.

PIZ

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They love guys who have one foot in AARP

Better than both feet . . .like me.

Back in the day, Dansby was a pretty athletic linebacker, with excellent length.  I'm not opposed to signing older players to short contracts with lon long term cap implications.  Eventually, we need to get more young guys in here, however.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

This would have excited me when Dansby and I were 28. I don’t like it as much now that we are both 36.

Thanks for saving me the effort. My first question was “how old is he?” I didn’t realize he was as ancient as YOU!  It’s even worse than I thought! 

• Haha (+1) 1

No doubt all these players are one year space fillers because we’re about to cut our number of draft picks in half.

Get the QB, then next year you don’t have to resign most of these space fillers, and with the 100 million in cap space, we’re going shopping.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Dude is a machine like David Harris. Almost never misses games and still producing. Not a bad invite 

Harris just retired though. :cry:

Just now, Bag of Milk said:

This is one that baffles me.

I liked Dansby years ago. But then again, I  liked Ted Hendricks years ago.

I thought we were looking for speed, speed and more speed at LB.

Smokescreen?

3 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

No doubt all these players are one year space fillers because we’re about to cut our number of draft picks in half.

Get the QB, then next year you don’t have to resign most of these space fillers, and with the 100 million in cap space, we’re going shopping.

I get more excited about draft picks than I do FA spending sprees. They need to hit on all their remaining picks this year and nail the QB pick. That would be the franchise altering draft that we need, then bolster the young core with some FAs in 19'.

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...anybody have London Fletcher on speed dial?........

Funny, but London Fletcher had 96, 78 and 63 tackles playing 16 games a season when he was Dansby's age.   

If the Bills find a rookie MLB, who better to teach him?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

This is one that baffles me.

I liked Dansby years ago. But then again, I  liked Ted Hendricks years ago.

I thought we were looking for speed, speed and more speed at LB.

Did you stop watching football years ago also? Age is just a number. They aren't giving him 5 years. Alexander just ran a 4.6. These guys are in tremendous shape for their age. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I swear every time I see someone has visited or we signed somebody, I feel like we are just plugging holes the best we can with limited space so that we can move up in the draft.  

I want to see the Dead Money on these low level signings.

I agree with your point BUT if the dead money is low we can ditch guys for rookies if the big trade to #2 fails.

8 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Did you stop watching football years ago also? Age is just a number. They aren't giving him 5 years. Alexander just ran a 4.6. These guys are in tremendous shape for their age. 

OK bud, Love the comment. But if age is just a number, then tell me why there are not more 36 year old linebackers in the league?

Especially playing for defenses that emphasize speed.

I look forward to your list, after  all age is just a number...

Edited by Bag of Milk