For Those That Think Trading Up Is Costly...

Scorp83

Picks... 22, 56, 65, 95 & 166 Are not the Bills picks... for the sake of argument, we got those picks to trade them off for a QB. So if the Giants want all of those picks & we add in our 1st for next year to complete the plan that was laid out in last year's draft, Is that worth it??

Its a big haul...but it's not your money/Capital your spending except for the 1st for next year... 

Now in my opinion, I'm ok staying at 12, but I know most of the fanbase are vested in the idea of trading up...& who can blame them, again this was the plan from last year. We could of drafted Watson, like I've been banging the table to do on Twitter & WGR. But they punted for this season... so I get the frustration. But, does it ease your mind knowing if we traded up... we really didn't give up much except the picks we acquired

• Like (+1) 1

What's the cost of not trading up and trying to get our Franchise QB. We have been stuck with mediocrity or less for a long time now. We finally have the draft capital and a group of prospects that look promising to pick from. I for one am at the point where they need to take that step forward. Wetting our taste buds by backing into the playoffs last year just made me yearn for more. Lets go for broke and put it all on who our FO thinks can be our guy for the next 10 or so years.

I almost posted this myself. They were never our picks to be used on anything besides a QB. It's like if someone was buying a house and you and your spouse sold everything you had to come up with as much cash as you could for a down payment. A month before buying the house you can't look at your bank account and say wow I have a lot of money I'm going to go buy a sports car, some golf clubs, and a new tv. It's not your money to spend!

Edited by kdiggz

19 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Picks... 22, 56, 65, 95 & 166 Are not the Bills picks... for the sake of argument, we got those picks to trade them off for a QB. So if the Giants want all of those picks & we add in our 1st for next year to complete the plan that was laid out in last year's draft, Is that worth it??

Its a big haul...but it's not your money/Capital your spending except for the 1st for next year... 

Now in my opinion, I'm ok staying at 12, but I know most of the fanbase are vested in the idea of trading up...& who can blame them, again this was the plan from last year. We could of drafted Watson, like I've been banging the table to do on Twitter & WGR. But they punted for this season... so I get the frustration. But, does it ease your mind knowing if we traded up... we really didn't give up much except the picks we acquired

Yes technically they are the Bills picks now.  They own those picks.  

Good try regurgitating what Jeremy White tweeted earlier today though.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I hope we sign Cousins and keep all our picks and not our picks.

14 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

What's the cost of not trading up and trying to get our Franchise QB. We have been stuck with mediocrity or less for a long time now. We finally have the draft capital and a group of prospects that look promising to pick from. I for one am at the point where they need to take that step forward. Wetting our taste buds by backing into the playoffs last year just made me yearn for more. Lets go for broke and put it all on who our FO thinks can be our guy for the next 10 or so years.

what if the FO thinks a guy is our guy and will be there at 12.   I'm thinking this could be the case.  

23 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Funniest thing I've read today.    If I sell my car or home, I suppose the money I get is not mine either. 

I feel poorer already...

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

You forgot we traded some good players for those picks.