Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I want to trust Beane, but this is a disaster. We had to beat any offer.

How so, if we had traded for the #3 pick, the Jet's could have still jumped ahead to #2.  So now you know where you need to go ,or if you feel there's little difference in the top 3 or 4 QB choices, then go up to #4 for less draft capital.

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Does that even guarantee’s we get the guy we want ? Even if it did can we gamble the future of the franchise for the next 5 / 6 years by putting all in the hands of a 20 year old kid who may or may not be the answer to our QB purgatory 

You can say the same if they had moved to 3, or stay at 12, or draft a kid at 2/.

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I simply do not agree with the majority of the posters on this board.  I do not think Beane should pay ANY price to draft one of the top tier QBs this year.  That’s just foolish.  

Good to see a rational thought every few posts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One can't blame Beane. I think he is doing the right thing. If he traded to 3, what's stopping someone from jumping him at 2? Now he knows he has to get to 2 and is going to do anything in his power to get there. 

1 - Darnold

2 - Rose

3 - Allen

4 - Barkley

5 - Mayfield

6 - Chubb

I agree and hope. 

Assuming they have identified a guy they love, with the connections as such, I've always figured it'd be number #2. Also, I became resigned to the thought it will take 3 #1 and change. Anything less is a pleasant surprise. I guess i think its easier when I consider you will have to pay for the pick of the guy you love and that all along I've subscribed to the thought that this years 2 #1s wouldn't be enough. I feel like the flip side is someone views each #1 pick as a huge deal and i guess they wouldn't be wrong. Personally, I've just viewed everything as adding to the cache of picks to package for their guy. Now.. as much as this hurts to say the ONLY reason I'd put this reasoning aside is if they aren't in love w anyone. Don't draft a qb just to draft a qb a la ej. But also, don't not blow your wad but still try and keep up w the Jones a la jp.  Besides, they seem to be pretty good at finding hole fillers. Not having a 1 next yr w all the cap room will be ok and if the guy hits you can start adding 1st rounders by the time he is ready to fly yr 3. Just my take

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mind/Matter........if you don't mind not getting a broadly-recognized-as-franchise-QB prospect in the draft for the first time in 35 years..........and the fact that the HC passed on a guy in Watson who actually PLAYED like a franchise QB last year .... then it don't matter.;)

I think it matters a lot...........hence it's a crisis...........it's part choice and part out of their hands now.    Let's see how good BEANE is at 4th quarter comebacks.:lol::devil:

Broadly recognized?  Really?  Read all the crap around here the last month and on other sites and each of these top 6 guys get ripped to shreds.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mind/Matter........if you don't mind not getting a broadly-recognized-as-franchise-QB prospect in the draft for the first time in 35 years..........and the fact that the HC passed on a guy in Watson who actually PLAYED like a franchise QB last year .... then it don't matter.;)

I think it matters a lot...........hence it's a crisis...........it's part choice and part uncontrolled now.    Let's see how good BEANE is at 4th quarter comebacks.:lol::devil:

You have been hitting them out of the park today :beer:

Just now, JaCrispy said:

This is all fine but if we can’t get our QB this year, the wheels need to be put in motion for next year imo...we can’t just draft s bunch of position players this year and go into next year with our normal picks...we need to add more ammo by trading back at some point...until we get our franchise QB everything has to be geared around that...everything else is secondary imo.

Is there even a QB in the next year’s draft that would be projected to be a top 5 pick ?

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Huge overpayment.  I'm sorry, I'm not going to number 2.  I can't imagine what it would take.

Thank you!! We'd have no draft capital left, I don't understand why people want to trade up for a question mark when we can load this roster with 5 top 60 prospects and really build a consistent winner. 

Beane always stresses consistent winning and building through the draft, trading all your capital doesn't fit this vision

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's the feeling I have too.  It wouldn't shock me to find out we'd been haggling with the Colts over picks to include, we wouldn't pay the price they wanted, the Jets panicked and the Colts know they are basically get the same player at 6 they were looking at with 3.

Being that we were sitting at 12 versus 6 the Colts might have asked considerably more from us as a counter bid.  Don't assume we were haggling over a 6th or 7th from 2019.