Don’t shoot the messenger, I just got a tip for 4:00 today.

16 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

but that goes in the face of the people complaining about filling holes while not acknowledging next years cap space.

I mean, sure- you wanna throw em a 2nd next yr or the Browns 3rd for Foles? fine. I cant really argue a ton with that BUT you are still giving away something that seems to be pretty valuable towards a position you are already spending a lot on and would be just as well off with some old scrub to mentor if they decide to start him week 1/2/3 etc 

I'm saying that trading for Foles doesn't preclude a trade up.  But I doubt they'd bother trading up.

18 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

are you REALLY asking me that question?

Yes I am.  Do you think that Sal knows what the Bills' real plans are?  Because I don't. 

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Counting on Foles as your franchise QB is as Billsy as it gets. 

Need to trade up and get a QB even if they get Foles.

Sure Scott.  Because you've been so right about them this past year.

17 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

**not that they would***???

i sure as **** hope they would! If ANYTHING has been learned in the last 18 yrs hopefully its dont trade for Foles and make him 'the guy' ESP when they can get a blue chipper

It's not often you can get a guy who won a SB for (presumably) a 2nd rounder and $7M for the season.  Versus giving up the 12th, 22nd, and 65th pick (at least) to move up to 3rd overall and take a wholly unproven rookie.

9 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

whats worse is I'd imagine most just witnessed a 17 year drought. I mean... good grief!!!

You realize the irony of this statement?  You think a rookie is taking the Bills to the playoffs this year?

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Shoot the messenger! :P

Why?  He said after 4 PM.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This would be THE, I mean THE worst possible scenario in this history of the franchise.

Are you new?    

:)

22 minutes ago, Sweats said:

If the DMV guy said it, then by god it must be true!!!!

Well, now it’s on the internet, so there is your verification! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's not often you can get a guy who won a SB for (presumably) a 2nd rounder and $7M for the season.  Versus giving up the 12th, 22nd, and 65th pick (at least) to move up to 3rd overall and take a wholly unproven rookie.

You realize the irony of this statement?  You think a rookie is taking the Bills to the playoffs this year?

If the bills believed that they got their franchise guy through a trade or through free agency I could absolutely see them trading up to number 12 to take a maximum impact player such as Smith. That thought is not irrational whatsoever. 

However, like most of you, I think the OP is BS.  And I don’t necessarily see Foles as that guy.   But then again, he could be.Evaluating quarterbacks he is one weird science!

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Your saying the Bills should commit to a guy who's been a backup for the majority of his career and got on a little hot streak to close out the season? 

Foles is who he is. A decent backup. I'd be all for him as a bridge, but they still need to draft a QB. 

I've said this a million times, but he got on a hot streak because they put him in an offense best suited for him.  And he didn't do it like the other JAG QB's who won a SB, i.e. thanks to being a caretaker.  You trade a 2nd rounder, let him play most of the season under his old contract, and then decide whether to extend him, franchise him, or let him go.

2 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

If the bills believed that they got their franchise guy through a trade or through free agency I could absolutely see them trading up to number 12 to take a maximum impact player such as Smith. That thought is not irrational whatsoever. 

However, like most of you, I think the OP is BS.  And I don’t necessarily see Foles as that guy.   But then again, he could be.Evaluating quarterbacks he is one weird science!

Yup.  I don't see them trading up to 12 as a sign that they are without question looking to move up even further for a QB.  It gives them a chance at a better non-QB player.

As for the OP, we'll have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why?  He said after 4 PM.

The title implies 4pm. Besides, it was meant in jest Doc.

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you new?   

Bills might lead the world in "Hold my beer, I can show you "stupidity at a level never seen before in the NFL" franchise moments.  So we got this Division 3 baseball player who we're going to put in charge of football decisions..We going to hire a fat, undisciplined carnival barker as our coach....

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This would be the Billiest thing Buffalo could do.

Make all these awesome trades and signings, move up in the draft only to trade for a back up QB coming off his only good year and totally not even draft a QB

He has two good years - maybe it would be the Loonie thing to do.

loonie1.jpg?w=150&h=150