Veteran QB: It all comes down to FOLES / MCCARRON!

It’s very impressive what Beane has done. 

I hope we can sign McCarron to a 3 year deal for low end starter/high end backup money. Play him in ‘18 and Darnold (or whomever we draft) in ‘19. 

AJ gets a chance to start for a year. He plays great, super tradeable asset. If not, he’s a capable backup. 

Just now, ALF said:

At least McCarron is in one piece healthy, one year prove it deal if he is confident. 

That's my point exactly. The other guys people were longing for around here wound up getting monster deals. I'd kick the tires on this kid and be happy. 

6 hours ago, jr1 said:

Wentz is going to need a brace the rest of his career. They'd be foolish to get rid of Foles

He's not going to back up Wentz forever. Likely would be just through 2018.

5 hours ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

no, because Mcbean knew who the bills 2018 qb was going to be before he made the trade

Well , no he didn't . He likely thought it would be Bradford, then Arizona happened. The Tyrod trade was important, but I want a better QB to start for the Bills on opening day 2018. 

4 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I dont think Foles is in the minds TBH he probably is too expensive, honesty they just need a backup QB.

They need a veteran starting caliber QB. 

10 hours ago, JPP said:

Stay as far away from tier 3 as possible....

tier 3 or 4 is who we should be targeting IMO, we need a 3rd QB clip board holder.

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t believe we still have signed a QB. Even a guy like Moore. I realize there is no major rush, I’m just surprised.

Should wait till after the draft

52 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

tier 3 or 4 is who we should be targeting IMO, we need a 3rd QB clip board holder.

Should wait till after the draft

3rd QB? He's on the roster: Peterman. The Bills need an opening day starter and a drafted rook QB. 

Let's bring in Geno and break his jaw. That would be fun.

I kind of just assumed he was no longer in the league because, you know, he is terrible. But I guess I was wrong.

If we are trading up to #3 do we really need to pay a lot for a veteran QB? We might, but then again, we might play the rookie right away. McCarron wants to be a starter, not a well paid backup. Foles is not a FA and we'd probably have to give up a middle round pick to get him. No thanks.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well , no he didn't . He likely thought it would be Bradford, then Arizona happened. The Tyrod trade was important, but I want a better QB to start for the Bills on opening day 2018. 

no, Mcbean knows his starter is Rosen.  He's not going to trade his starting qb, the most important position on the team, without KNOWING who will replace him.  He can't control who he can get in FA, because the free agents decide where they go. He can control who he gets in the draft if he knows he can get up to #2 or #3, which is possible to know in advance if he makes the trade-up deal in advance, which he would have to do before trading TT.  Given his connections with the giants GM, I believe he did.  He then has to draft a day one starter which narrows it down to Rosen and Mayfield.  So the starter could be either one, I just think, based on what they're looking for in a starter, it's Rosen.  

Can we stop with the Foles talk?

I will say it again in this thread:

Philly has openly b stated that they want more than what they got for Bradford, which was a 1st and a 4th, and if they don't get their price, they will simply keep him as insurance to Wentz.

He's on a very team friendly deal, and they've already moved salaries around to get back to the cap.

If we trade even a 1st for Foles we are morons.

More than that? Even bigger morons.