2018 NCAA Tourney

plenzmd1

52 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That was the Michigan broadcast that they were playing.

They also had the Loyola-Chicago broadcast playing on Tru-Tv.

The broadcast by Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery & Grant Hill were on TBS.

I thought it was quite unique having the 3 options. However I felt for those who don't have those options and in the past could've! watched on their CBS.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That was the Michigan broadcast that they were playing.

They also had the Loyola-Chicago broadcast playing on Tru-Tv.

The broadcast by Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery & Grant Hill were on TBS.

Thanks for the clarification. Now that I know they balanced it out like that, it was actually a good idea. 

11 hours ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Nova is goin' stomp that wolverine, sorry Michigan peeps.

Bring it on!

In all seriousness, this will be a very tough game for Michigan. As good as their defense is, they will have to be at their very best. I hope they don't rely so much on their 3 point shooting, they do it far too much, even though they are good at making those shots.

They need to attack inside a lot more then they do.

how often does a stomping really work out on demand in college hoops?

anything has happened in a Final, going 8 for 9 from the field in the second half led to a massive upset.

20 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think it can be a close game. Villanova is beatable and when they lost, the other team played good D and Nova shot poorly. If

Michigan can make this a game in the 60s or 70s, they will have a Chance. 

These grind it out defensive teams like Michigan struggle when they play ball moving and good shooting teams. I just don't think they have the firepower to match Villanova. 

I'm a fan of Michigan's coach, John Beilein. He has been a success wherever he has gone.  Beilein is a good friend of John Murphy of WGR who went to the semi and final games. Murphy told a story about Beilein that he was voted by coaches to be one of the most honest coaches and run one of the cleanest programs. According to Murph his son is following his father road to success in the coaching ranks. He is currently coaching Lemoyne and has his team in a lower tournament. He also noted that he is being considered for some bigger jobs. 

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

These grind it out defensive teams like Michigan struggle when they play ball moving and good shooting teams. I just don't think they have the firepower to match Villanova. 

I'm a fan of Michigan's coach, John Beilein. He has been a success wherever he has gone.  Beilein is a good friend of John Murphy of WGR who went to the semi and final games. Murphy told a story about Beilein that he was voted by coaches to be one of the most honest coaches and run one of the cleanest programs. According to Murph his son is following his father road to success in the coaching ranks. He is currently coaching Lemoyne and has his team in a lower tournament. He also noted that he is being considered for some bigger jobs. 

That’s great. I am a big Beilen fan too. Was just reading an article about him today and how he doesn’t have the same 5-Star recruits as the other major programs but loves coaching up his players.

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

That’s great. I am a big Beilen fan too. Was just reading an article about him today and how he doesn’t have the same 5-Star recruits as the other major programs but loves coaching up his players.

In general his style of play wouldn't appeal to a five star player. And his program wouldn't be a good fit for that one and done type of player. His players for the most part stay in school and they get better. He's the type of coach that you would entrust your family member to play for. With coaches like Pearl and Pitino there are always controversies and rumors swirling around their programs. They have a tendency to go to the edge and then claim innocence when the they get caught crossing the boundaries. Beilein has coached at a number of programs while moving up the ladder. To his credit there has never been a hint of impropriety in a sea full of sharks. 

two years now with a team getting to the Final without facing a real opponent, and losing the title game.

at least the other half gave us great matchups way better than the Final turned out to be....