2018 NCAA Tourney

plenzmd1

11 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Better watch it— your smiley emoji is about to really jinx you. 

I don't get your U of M hatred....didn't you used to be JR from Ann Arbor?  The  :lol: was in reference to "Michigan hype"...I haven't heard anything but expert doubts about this team for the last two months...they were supposed to fall in the Big 10 tournament, supposed to fall to Houston and A and M...whatever.  They play as a team, solid defense and don't really rely on one player.  They are just a good team....far from being "hyped".

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hail to the Victurds :death:

:P

4 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not a hater at all! (You are right— I was formerly of Ann Arbor). And I am pulling for them, especially now that Syracuse is eliminated. I just look at the athletes on some of these other teams, and have my doubts about Michigan. That said, I thought Kentucky with their great athletes looked unstoppable, and they got beat.

The regular season in college basketball was crazy.

Many top teams lost games. I think it's safe to say that the tournament would have upsets.

Granted we didn't know it would be to this degree, but any team can win it all.

This has been trend lately in college basketball. The smaller schools continue to catch up to the elite teams.

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The regular season in college basketball was crazy.

Many top teams lost games. I think it's safe to say that the tournament would have upsets.

Granted we didn't know it would be to this degree, but any team can win it all.

This has been trend lately in college basketball. The smaller schools continue to catch up to the elite teams.

And, continue to get screwed by the committee.  If Loyola didn't win it's tourney, they wouldn't have made the tourney.  Only 3 of the at large bids went to mid majors.

8 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not a hater at all! (You are right— I was formerly of Ann Arbor). And I am pulling for them, especially now that Syracuse is eliminated. I just look at the athletes on some of these other teams, and have my doubts about Michigan. That said, I thought Kentucky with their great athletes looked unstoppable, and they got beat.

I think the thing that gives me a great deal of hope is that they play together, as a team.  They might not be the biggest but they are tenacious and never give up.

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Calling it now, Duke’s going to win it all again just to piss me off. 

To make it worse, I always pick them to win the tournament as a hedge against my rooting interests.....but I didn't bother doing a bracket this year.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bbb said:

And, continue to get screwed by the committee.  If Loyola didn't win it's tourney, they wouldn't have made the tourney.  Only 3 of the at large bids went to mid majors.

I hear what your saying but realistically the Missouri Valley doesn't deserve 3-5 teams

Everybody cried about SU getting in but they proved the committee correct, they did deserve it 

at the end of the day the ACC and Big 10 and Big 12 are the best and deserve the most teams ... though it should still be THE BEST that get in regardless of conference 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I hear what your saying but realistically the Missouri Valley doesn't deserve 3-5 teams

Everybody cried about SU getting in but they proved the committee correct, they did deserve it 

at the end of the day the ACC and Big 10 and Big 12 are the best and deserve the most teams ... though it should still be THE BEST that get in regardless of conference 

Nobody is saying the MVC should get 3-5 teams.  But, Loyola should have been in the tourney if they had lost the conference tourney. 

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Nobody is saying the MVC should get 3-5 teams.  But, Loyola should have been in the tourney if they had lost the conference tourney. 

And they may have you never know... they coulda bumped out Syracuse 

they are a special team

Edited by Buffalo716

22 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Still?  I think this team can adjust to a variety of styles of play...Loyola makes me...well, you know.

They need to do away with conference tournaments altogether. Regular season first place finisher is your champion, period. Then just have a mega-NCAA tournament with all 354 D1 teams. Then no one can say they were left out.

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Congrats! I have no problem being proven wrong (happens all the Time). I do like them against Loyola. 

It was a great game...could have gone either way...still not sure why FSU didn't foul at the end...pretty dumb.