If you were the Browns....would you...

Just for fun speculation...

No reason to believe this to be on the table...but...my friend is a Colt fan and he really wants this to happen and we were talking about it.  

Would you trade #1 and #4 pick (and probably a 2nd too) for Andrew Luck?  If you are the Colts, would you do that trade?

I actually like this trade a lot for the Colts personally.  They would own 3 of the top 4 picks.  Take Barkely #1, then their QB and Chubb at 3 and 4.  They also shed themselves of the bad contract Luck has who has a bad shoulder and durability concerns to begin with.  Its a new regime in Indy, you can get cap space and 3 studs plus who ever else they draft.  Honestly, they can probably get another pick from Cleveland in round 2 like I suggested above.  

I wouldn't do it if I was the Browns, too much risk...youre coming off a no win season, might as well as keep building through the draft.  But I would do it all day if I was the Colts.

What do you guys and gals think?  

That could be great for Indy... I can see why your buddy likes the idea. Then again it could be horrible bc Luck is proven as a capable QB and there's no way to be sure whomever they pick will pan out. QB is a very important position if I was the GM for the Colts there's no way I'm giving up a franchise QB for unknown quantities... Regardless of his bionic shoulder and bloated paycheck. Just my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This will never happen. To much unknown about Luck. I see Colts trading for Foles to hedge there bets. Or maybe there ok with the QB that filled in for Luck. 

Well it wasn't about whether it would happen or not...I asked would you do it if you were the Browns and it was an option.

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well it wasn't about whether it would happen or not...I asked would you do it if you were the Browns and it was an option.

I would not as the Browns.....I would stumble and fall running to the phone to take this deal if I was the Colts.

Hell If I was Colts i would then consider drafting Rosen and Darnold and Mayfield.

I would call the Bills and ask who they want at QB before draft and agree to get him if available. I would then guarantee them that QB and negotiate premium compensation if I get him. Do the same for one more and keep the third. I would be happy with any one of them as it sets my franchise up for stars for a decade.

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Mayfield then. rosen and darnold will go before 4

Only if a Trade up. 

Still think they get to 2 or 3. 

Notice the one pick not leaked yet is 2nd overall. 

Team may be the ones leaking the 3 and 4 talk for leverage with Giants. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Only if a Trade up. 

They could get 4, then easily get 2 or 3. 21 + 12 for 4, then 65 and 187 for 2.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Only if a Trade up. 

Agreed. But if they stop at 4 I'm calling Mayfield

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Only if a Trade up. 

I think the Giants have their eye on Barkley and 2 has probably been discussed with the Bills - but it is a draft day deal after Cleveland picks.

4 hours ago, GrizzReaper said:

That could be great for Indy... I can see why your buddy likes the idea. Then again it could be horrible bc Luck is proven as a capable QB and there's no way to be sure whomever they pick will pan out. QB is a very important position if I was the GM for the Colts there's no way I'm giving up a franchise QB for unknown quantities... Regardless of his bionic shoulder and bloated paycheck. Just my opinion.

Stop.   Luck is a huge medical question mark, as well as an overrated and overpaid player.   No one is trading those kind of assets for him until he proves he’s healthy, especially in a qb draft like this one.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills have had discussions late tonight with Browns about 4 overall. 

What I don’t understand is, why all this action six weeks before the draft?  Don’t remember this happening before.

Edited by mannc