Brady: Family will play role in retirement decision

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920624/article/tom-brady-family-will-play-role-in-retirement-decision

When Tom Brady finally calls it quits, football won't be the only factor.

The Patriots star quarterback told ABC's Good Morning America on Monday that the timing of his retirement will have plenty to do with family.

"You can't make decisions just for yourself, and I think that's one thing I've learned as I've gotten older: There is collateral effects to every decision that I make," Brady said, per ESPN.com.

"I have a wife [Gisele Bundchen] that aspires to be a lot of things, and she travels a lot. My oldest son lives here in New York, three kids, and you're just always trying to juggle and you want to be there for them, and you want to be there for the hockey games and the soccer games. But you also realize the level of commitment it takes to give as much as you can to the team that needs you."

Everyone tweet Gisele and push her to talk to Tommy about having more "family time" 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Everyone tweet Giselle about head injuries in the NFL, anything you can find on guys that cheat on their spouse on the road and anything related to closeted gay men that work away from home.

You cannot really classify him as out right gay.  He has clearly procreated with two totally bangable women. If anything he is a switch hitter.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

"I have a wife [Gisele Bundchen] that aspires to be a lot of things, and she travels a lot. My oldest son lives here in New York, three kids, and you're just always trying to juggle and you want to be there for them, and you want to be there for the hockey games and the soccer games. But you also realize the level of commitment it takes to give as much as you can to the team that needs you." - TB

So his choice is to be a family man or continue feeding his ego. And he's struggling with it. Take a lesson from Harry Chapin:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920624/article/tom-brady-family-will-play-role-in-retirement-decision

When Tom Brady finally calls it quits, football won't be the only factor.

The Patriots star quarterback told ABC's Good Morning America on Monday that the timing of his retirement will have plenty to do with family.

"You can't make decisions just for yourself, and I think that's one thing I've learned as I've gotten older: There is collateral effects to every decision that I make," Brady said, per ESPN.com.

"I have a wife [Gisele Bundchen] that aspires to be a lot of things, and she travels a lot. My oldest son lives here in New York, three kids, and you're just always trying to juggle and you want to be there for them, and you want to be there for the hockey games and the soccer games. But you also realize the level of commitment it takes to give as much as you can to the team that needs you."

Everyone tweet Gisele and push her to talk to Tommy about having more "family time" 

The kid in NY is his bastard child right?  From when he kicked his pregnant girlfriend to the curb?

13 minutes ago, simool said:

You cannot really classify him as out right gay.  He has clearly procreated with two totally bangable women. If anything he is a switch hitter.

Has he been on the Maury Povich show and taken a paternity test ? ... If not, questions remain.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, simool said:

Being a switch hitter is still undesirable to a vast majority of women.

Edited by RochesterRob

45 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is the victory lap year, IMO.   

Perfect timing for a changing of the guard...

He had a nice season for sure. No shame in finishing in 2nd place to the world champion Eagles!

Let's hope the AFC decides to show up this season so the only thing standing in the way of yet another NE SB isn't a "gauntlet" of the Titans and Jaguars