Bills open to moving Glenn - Bengels Bills trade - Bills move to 12 for Glenn & 21

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Hopefully, we can get a high 2nd round pick for him :D .  Give me more picks.  Makes it easier to take the blue pill.

Hopefully a high 2nd.

I think looking at the Duane Brown trade gives us the best possible glimpse at what Glenn's value should be. 

SEA got: Brown & HOU's 2018 5th round pick

HOU got: SEA's 2018 3rd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick

Generally, when you trade a pick from next year, it is valued at one round less for this year. So, HOU basically got two 3rd round picks, if that makes sense. I would think two 3rd round picks should be at least as much as one 2nd round pick. 

Maybe we could send Glenn and a 5th for a 2nd?

32 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Lots of teams looking for tackle help, and trades could be an option. Bills are open to dealing LT Cordy Glenn, and Dolphins are looking to move RT Ju'Wuan James, per sources. In addition, Patriots LT Nate Solder's market's hot.

People here are reading an awful lot into a tweet that amounts to a guess at best based on an off comment.  Somebody at OBD when asked probably said everything was on the table so as not to invite intense speculation on one idea.  I miss the days when a source was quoted and their name given.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

For the purpose of what, a mid-round pick or two and $3M in cap space?

What's so wrong with having 2 good OTs?

I agree.   I want to see how his rehab goes before tossing him overboard.    He has value and can help the run game if they put their best five guys on the field...

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yes. 

For some reason that I still cannot fathom, the Bills seem intent on trading a top 15 starting LT on a good contract while his value is at its lowest. Then they'll likely spend a high pick to draft tackle. 

It makes NO sense to me. Never has. I've been all for Beane/McDermott's roster purging moves up until now, but this one....I just don't get. Unless Glenn has a bad attitude, I don't see why you don't just let him heal, let him and Dawkins compete, and whoever "loses" the competition plays on the right. Tackle problem solved. Instead they're going to force him out for a 6th round pick. Ludicrous.

The ONLY way moving Glenn makes sense is if it's part of a trade-up package or if you get a 2nd round pick back. If it's neither of those things, then it's a silly move.

Glenn hasn’t been healthy and his replacement is doing just fine for less money. 

I dont think its it’s fair to say it’s a Bills think. If the Pats made a move like this it would be getting something for a broke down LT. let’s keep in mind McBean seem to have a solid understanding on how to build a team and McDs first draft was solid. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I have a challenge for you: construct a post that is not intended to criticize someone else, but rather to add some type of original thought or idea to the discussion.

I dare you.

You are too demanding! Please don't challenge me for an original thought because I will probably fail. Not only am I a sluggard but I'm also proud of my lagging status.:D

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

You are too demanding! Please don't challenge me for an original thought because I will probably fail. Not only am I a sluggard but I'm also proud of my lagging status. :D

You've escaped such a challenge to this point...

This is one instance where I'm not sure it makes sense.

Glenn is a great teammate, has a good attitude, and has just been battling injuries. When he is healthy he is a top tackle in this league, and he's under contract.

I say play him AND Dawkins and you have your bookends. Unless some team is going to give you a 2nd rounder or higher OR he is a key piece in a trade up to the top 5 , I would keep him. Why create more dead cap money and lose a talented player?

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You've escaped such a challenge to this point...

With you in the room I will  continue to be nervous. 

My non-original thought is I would prefer to keep Glenn. I don't care if it is to play LT, RT or either guard position. Why create another hole when he still has plenty of utility as a player?

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

If Taylor can return the first pick in the 3rd round, so long as he's healthy, Glenn should return better than that. 

Depends on if Cleveland wants Glenn or not. I do not think we would have gotten the 3rd round pick from another team for Tyrod?

51 minutes ago, Yav said:

Glenn hasn’t been healthy and his replacement is doing just fine for less money. 

I dont think its it’s fair to say it’s a Bills think. If the Pats made a move like this it would be getting something for a broke down LT. let’s keep in mind McBean seem to have a solid understanding on how to build a team and McDs first draft was solid. 

Glenn "hasn't been healthy"? One year. It's been that way for one year. If one year of injury struggles is enough to get traded, then I don't know what to say.

I love the way Beane and McDermott are building the team so far, and I have great faith that they know what they are doing.

But in this instance, this one specific instance, I disagree with them. I think that if you're super into Dion Dawkins, then you let Cordy heal and you start him at RT or RG. If our offensive line was gangbusters, I'd say let Cordy walk. But the Bills have HUGE needs at RG and RT, and Glenn is capable of playing both spots. So to trade him away for peanuts (let's be real, they're not getting higher than a 5th round pick for him) just to go spend draft capital or FA dollars on an inferior player to man those positions -- all because Glenn had injury struggles for ONE season -- doesn't make any sense to me.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Depends on if Cleveland wants Glenn or not. I do not think we would have gotten the 3rd round pick from another team for Tyrod?

I can't disagree that Cleveland probably offered the most for Taylor. We may have gotten a 3rd from another team, but who knows. I think, regardless, once a trade is part of recent history, it impacts overall market value. I don't actually think Taylor's value is all that directly indicative of Glenn's value though.