Bills open to moving Glenn - Bengels Bills trade - Bills move to 12 for Glenn & 21

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

If we are going back to a "Power Blocking" scheme, isn't anyone else concerned about Dion Dawkins having a sophomore slump?

I am.  

Not so much because of scheme but because competition is a very good thing, IMO.

Like to keep that LT carrot dangled for another year.

27 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Good LTs don't come cheap!  :doh:  Moreover, while Dawkins played well for a rookie, he certainly didn't play well enough to be considered one of the better LTs in the league -- and there's no guarantee that he will even play as well in 2018 as he did in 2017. It's just not QBs who can look great before defenders get their numbers.

As for how "well" the Bills OL did without Cordy Glenn last year, consider how many times Shady was stopped for 0 or minus yards (I think he may have led the league in those) and how often the pass rushers were in the backfield almost before Taylor got the ball.

I agree and would think that the Bills will fully analyze the OL before they make a rash decision.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I'm told the #Bengals are trading for #Bills OT Cordy Glenn.

Finally something's happening today. I was going to be upset with myself for being this unproductive today and having nothing to show for it. 

I hope it's at least a 4th. 

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Finally something's happening today. I was going to be upset with myself for being this unproductive today and having nothing to show for it. 

I'd be mad  if it was a 4th, a fourth rd pick isn't going to have the same effect on this team as Cordy would

Edited by ndirish1978

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I'd be mad  if it was a 4th, a fourth rd pick isn't going to have the same effect on this team as Cordy would

I get it, but it's a big cap savings too. I look at it like this. What did he bring to the table last year? You're trading cap space and a decent pick for literally zero production last year.

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I will hope for one of Cinncy's 2 3rd rounders!

We better get a T in FA.

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

I get it, but it's a big cap savings too. I look at it like this. What did he bring to the table last year? You're trading cap space and a decent pick for literally zero production last year.

Different situation..........this year they won't have a QB who can snap blindside pass rushers off at the ankles...........pocket QB needs more protection.   I like Dawkins A LOT more in the run game than pass blocking.    I guess they really love McDermott at RT.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

No way. Not with the injury concern. If Beane gets anything more than a 5th I'd be impressed.

I'm thinking this is more a Dareus type cost cut than it is for ammo.

Based on what i just posted looks like flip of 1sts. At least