Was The Tyrod Taylor Era a Success?

Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't exactly call scoring 3 points in the Playoffs, then being traded to the worst team in the NFL a success.   I wouldn't call it a complete failure either. Tyrod instead of still being a backup, got to start for a borderline playoff team. Then on his last year with that team, the cards played out to actually favor the Bills and they crawled into the Playoffs making him look interesting to a few teams so he could continue on. 

The Bills pulled a 3rd rounder and snuck into the Playoffs and that was a win. It wasn't being successful because we are now in transition from it. If Tyrod had a successful year with Bills they wouldn't of traded him. 

Tyrod can have flashes of being good. I think he actually can win some games for you. I also think he can manage a stalled out offensive games and do nothing to win it for you. I seen that at least a few times last season. 

I think Tyrod can win some games for the Browns. I also think if other teams defensive plans get in his head he will run some stalled out games. 

Edited by Lfod

You have to define "success" for the conversation to have any meaning.

If measured by whether or not we had a chance to win the Superbowl, no, Tyrod was never successful.

We never even had a chance to win a playoff game with him, let alone a Superbowl.  Some of us were saying that for the entirety of his stay in Buffalo.  His ceiling is what it is and lucking backwards into a wildcard berth for a playoff loss is about as far as Tyrod is going to take you.

No way that can be considered "successful".

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This stat includes playoffs which means after 17 years without a QB that could say this, it WAS a success IMHO.

Not success   

Looked worse than Tj Yates, Brock Osweiler, and Tim Tebow did. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Wins and losses are a function of the team, so I'll leave that out of the discussion.  I voted for failure for one simple reason that everyone keeps beating around the bush about.  Taylor was incapable of carrying the team on his back when the team needed him to do exactly that.  There were many games where the Bills defense and special teams absolutely stymied opposing teams offenses and Taylor did nothing.  When teams schemed to make him beat them as a passer, he couldn't do it.  Some QB's aren't good at the two minute drill.  Tyrod looks inept whether under the constraint of the clock or not.  At his position, I can't rate him as anything other than failure.

For me, no.  It was not a success.  We were no better than we were during any of the years in the drought.  We were just as mediocre as before:  not bad enough to get a good draft pick but not good to have a realistic shot at the superbowl.  The definition of mediocrity.

Of course it was a success. The Bills broke the drought and he left the team in much better shape than when he got here. There is a process in sports that teams go through (sorry to use that word). You usually don’t go from out of the playoffs to champion (I realize that just happened). You usually have to be tested some. The Bills are AT LEAST a step ahead of where they were when he joined the team. I don’t know how that can be considered anything but successful?

• Like (+1) 1