Dear Brian Daboll, -Do you stink as an OC?

#34fan

I, for one, would appreciate full disclosure on your limitations up front .

Chan Gailey, Greg Roman, Nat Hackett all failed miserably. -Why?  -Please see the tags that I've re-purposed above…

I, along with everyone else know you come from a dominant NE offense, won superbowls with them, -blah, blah, blah... let's be clear on one thing... -The offensive coordinator of the NE Patriots IS Tom Brady... He’s the guy that made it work for all you freeloaders.

You can’t do light, easy, work in places like Tuscaloosa, and Foxboro, then come here demanding respect right off the bat… This job will be harder. - And you haven’t done NEARLY as well in places that challenged you.

As the QB coach of the 2007 Jets, you were party to an abyssmal 4-12 season, that fielded a 25th ranked offense… As OC of the 2009 Browns, you achieved a 5-11 season with a 29th ranked offense... You sucked again for the 2012 KC Chiefs… Guiding them to a 2-14 season and a 32nd ranked offense!

So, what gives???

Please don’t waste our time if you can’t really pull this off… Go back to the college ranks and hide your incompetence behind some SEC superpower.

No, I'm not the one paying you.. Still, the thought of another sideline pretender in a Bills polo STEALING in broad daylight  makes me ill...

So, to borrow a page from your old boss's book: DO YOUR JOB. -Or, simply walk away and return to a much easier professional life.

Love and kisses,

#34fan

Edited by #34fan
Info edit
  • Haha (+1) 3

Chan Gailey isn't a failed OC. As a HC, sure, mediocre in his best years.

Chan's big issue as an OC was thinking he could get more with less too often. He wasn't wrong. He got tremendous production out of mediocrity from Kordell Stewart, Fitzy, Spiller, and Stevie. He wasn't wrong. But because of he could do it, he never really surrounded himself with talent as a HC. As an OC, and playing with the pieces he is given, he is talented. 

He is/was one of the most widely respected OC's in inner circles in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not really looking forward to the Daboll experience. That’s why I’m hoping we find a franchise QB who can cover other areas of deficiency. I think Daboll could be successful with a top notch signal caller, but I don’t see him as an OC who creates something from nothing. He could win with a top notch QB, but I don’t see him succeeding the way of a guy like Pedersen with Foles at a QB. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

Would it not been easier to just say... "I don't like this hire"  versus rehash it MONTHS later in a passive aggressive undertone?

Ps: His answer should be - " Tell me who my QB is and I will tell you my limitations!"

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Did you watch any Alabama games last year? Not exactly known for their offensive prowess. Some of their games looked like the infamous Bills 3 Browns 6 OT game

They basically trampled their opponents... The 2nd string QB threw 2 pretty balls in an NC game, and Daboll was suddenly a genius.

Well maybe he will try really really really hard......i for one will wait at least until the season starts.....so far it appears he will do more of a power offence which will suite our players instead of that garbage Dennsion was so adamant at doing for much of the season with out adjusting.........my only worry is i hope this OC can do game plan adjustments when needed....we sorely missed that last season.....Dennison was definately a one trick monkey.......

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

They basically trampled their opponents... The 2nd string QB threw 2 pretty balls in an NC game, and Daboll was suddenly a genius.

Because he had a whole different Offense in his back pocket. HC finally relented to him LOL

He is going to do fine here in time. Do hope Bills keep tweaking the Coaches for another season though.

Daboll will work out 

imho

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

McD really wanted him from the look of it. They didn't really wait or look around too much. 

they were spying him last year !

3 minutes ago, JPP said:

Well maybe he will try really really really hard......i for one will wait at least until the season starts.....so far it appears he will do more of a power offence which will suite our players instead of that garbage Dennsion was so adamant at doing for much of the season with out adjusting.........my only worry is i hope this OC can do game plan adjustments when needed....we sorely missed that last season.....Dennison was definately a one trick monkey.......

Thats what should have been run previously to some degree. Brian has enough exp to fit the players. But he will need some players :P

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Brian has enough exp to fit the players. But he will need some players :P

Say the bills draft the next Peyton Manning... Is Daboll smart enough to seek the next Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, and Marvin Harrison?

An OC has GOT to be good at putting pieces together... I think the interview process should START with one of those 1000 piece puzzles.

32 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Chan Gailey, Greg Roman, Nat Hackett all failed miserably. -Why?  -Please see the tags that I've re-purposed above…

I, along with everyone else know you come from a dominant NE offense, won superbowls with them, -blah, blah, blah... let's be clear on one thing... -The offensive coordinator of the NE Patriots IS Tom Brady... He’s the guy that made it work for all you freeloaders.

You can’t do light, easy, work in places like Tuscaloosa, and Foxboro, then come here demanding respect right off the bat… This job will be harder. - And you haven’t done NEARLY as well in places that challenged you.

As the QB coach of the 2007 Jets, you were party to an abyssmal 4-12 season, that fielded a 25th ranked offense… As OC of the 2009 Browns, you achieved a 5-11 season with a 29th ranked offense... You sucked again for the 2012 KC Chiefs… Guiding them to a 2-14 season and a 23rd ranked offense!

So, what gives???

Please don’t waste our time if you can’t really pull this off… Go back to the college ranks and hide your incompetence behind some SEC superpower.

No, I'm not the one paying you.. Still, the thought of another sideline pretender in a Bills polo STEALING in broad daylight  makes me ill...

So, to borrow a page from your old boss's book: DO YOUR JOB. -Or, simply walk away and return to a much easier professional life.

Love and kisses,

#34fan

Not getting enough attention?

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, #34fan said:

As the QB coach of the 2007 Jets, you were party to an abyssmal 4-12 season, that fielded a 25th ranked offense… As OC of the 2009 Browns, you achieved a 5-11 season with a 29th ranked offense... You sucked again for the 2012 KC Chiefs… Guiding them to a 2-14 season and a 23rd ranked offense!

So, what gives???

Love and kisses,

#34fan

Please go away.  I mean, your points about his previous tenure as NFL OC are correct, but the crap about "light easy work in Tuscaloosa and Foxboro" is rude and ignorant, and you provide bupkiss of information about whether or not in any previous job he could teach, had creativity, or enforced standards.  There's neither insight nor information here.

8 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Good talk! I see some people don't agree with what you wrote but I'm on board.

And if you can't add some insight or info rather than a "me too" echo, please go with him.  Agreement with nothing more to say is what the "like" button is for, 'kay?

19 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Somebody missed their afternoon nap ;)

I did, and it's making me super cranky.  ALL YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Say the bills draft the next Peyton Manning... Is Daboll smart enough to seek the next Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, and Marvin Harrison?

An OC has GOT to be good at putting pieces together... I think the interview process should START with one of those 1000 piece puzzles.

Very demanding Fan, are you not ?
Is McBeane smart enough to hire the the correct New Offensive Coordinator?
If you perceive they are ?

Then? no worries.

if you do not keep the Faith they are qualified or even could exceed expectations?
Then you will have no hope nor fun the next couple years. I hope you are ready for fun, and perhaps Bills win a couple good games !

Dear #34fan, 

One man's stink is another man's perfume. Looking forward to an aromatic era with my home town team. Here's to a fragrant future. 

Yours truly, 

Brian Daboll

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please go away.  I mean, your points about his previous tenure as NFL OC are correct, but the crap about "light easy work in Tuscaloosa and Foxboro" is rude and ignorant, and you provide bupkiss of information about whether or not in any previous job he could teach, had creativity, or enforced standards.  There's neither insight nor information here.

And if you can't add some insight or info rather than a "me too" echo, please go with him.  Agreement with nothing more to say is what the "like" button is for, 'kay?

Oh I'm sorry  twobillsdrive tuff guy. I guess there's one I every forum today must be your day to be king ding of the ding a ling of the internet tuff Guy's. I can't believe I even wasted my time with this!