Money Badger - a Texan 1yr $7 mil

Gregg RosenthalVerified account @greggrosenthal

Tyrann Mathieu, here at @NFLNetwork Thursday, said he and agent spoke with Cardinals Thursday. They asked him to take a pay cut.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 42m42 minutes ago

This was expected, but is significant. Would be a large paycut based on what his expected role would be in a new defense. This is why the Honey Badger could be a free agent.

Gregg RosenthalVerified account @greggrosenthal

Mathieu did not sound too amenable to a pay cut. Open to some type of restructure … “But taking money out of my pocket. I don't like how that feels.”

Tyrann Mathieu is a free agent, per @JayGlazer

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 49s49 seconds ago

Former Cardinals’ safety Tyrann Mathieu reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, sources tell ESPN.

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What happened to him?  He was a top-3 playmaker in the league a couple of years ago and he's young and healthy.

Knee injuries. Last year he was just off another ACL injury I believe. Sometimes it takes a guy a little while to bounce back. If AZ cuts him he will have no limit of suitors and I expect him to have a bounce back type of year. It's a business though, the NFL, so AZ has to do what's best for them as well.

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 49s49 seconds ago

Former Cardinals’ safety Tyrann Mathieu reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, sources tell ESPN.

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 59s60 seconds ago

Compensation update: Former Cardinals’ safety Tyrann “Honeybadger” Mathieu is signing a one-year, $7 million deal with the Houston Texans, per source.

Edited by Reed83HOF

On 3/9/2018 at 7:26 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

What happened to him?  He was a top-3 playmaker in the league a couple of years ago and he's young and healthy.

Getting nicked up. He's small for his physical play and his body can't take the punishment. When healthy, he's still an amazing player.

Texans scare me.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Money Badger?  Never heard of him. 

He is a former big money player who had a big money contract in AZ who has seen his skills depreciate and worth less than his contract money. AZ then asked him to take a money cut. He was open to a money restructure but not open to losing any money. AZ then released him over money.

He then went money shopping and signed with Texas for ONE yr for 7 mill. money.

Then he said it was not about the money. That he still and always will love AZ.(yeah he thinks we are all that stupid)

If it was not about the money, he would still be in AZ.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1