AFC Team offered a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles - Mort update - want more than 1 and 4

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Why are so many people content to still wait for Tyrod Taylor to "develop" but they want to brand the Super Bowl MVP as a proven dud?

Foles was drafted the year after Tyrod you know. He has a year less experience than Tyrod. Tyrod had had Terrible games, and plenty of them. And not One game as good as Foles good games.

So where is the sense in insisting that you know Foles will never be any good and that his great games are a fluke?

Foles is better than Tyrod as a pocket passer, certainly.  But he isn't "throw 1st and 2nd round picks at him" better.  When he was free last offseason I'd have gone for him or for Keenum... as I said at the time.  

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

How did he slay brady? I didnt know brady played defense. If new england haf any talent on defense outside of gilmore that played that game they would have won. They won the game against a defense filled with castoffs and practice squad signess.

How many guys on that defense start anywhere else.

Credit should be given to patricia for masking the flaws they had, they played exceptionally well after the carolina game and went from 31st to top 5 in scoring defense. Outside of 2011 this defense was one of the worst they went to a SB with.

What about the Vikings defence before that? Another group of scrubs? Bills fans have been kicking and screaming for someone who can come in and put up points against them, someone does just that and could be an option but now they don't want to use up resources or will talk down about the Pats defence.

Brady in his prime could be available and fans here would be arguing against signing him....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't see any available veteran QB as the answer, Tyrod and Foles included. Both are only acceptable if a high end rookie prospect is also in the fold. I dislike Foles as an option quite a bit because he requires resources that could be used to build our roster.

First I will say that in the end, I don't know what I am doing. With Foles I don't know if he is inconsistent resulting in stellar play offset by lackluster play, or if he has been inconsistent due to good coaching versus bad coaching. I would have to do all of that work myself to know for sure. Hopefully the Bills finally have a staff now that has done all of that work. 

But working blind and knowing that Foles was clutch this year I would trade a 2nd for him. To me a 2nd can be Cyrus Kouiandjio or even a Zay Jones is about the best we have done with 2nd rounders. We got Ragland, we got Miller. For us a 2nd rounder hasn't been much. But I agree in that I wouldn't go for a first.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Foles is better than Tyrod as a pocket passer, certainly.  But he isn't "throw 1st and 2nd round picks at him" better.  When he was free last offseason I'd have gone for him or for Keenum... as I said at the time.  

I agree with you. I wouldn't trade a first and second or all that. Especially since the Eagles seem to have worked out how to make a QB work for them and then trade them for a big profit to less adept teams. I do wonder why the Bills didn't come up with a Foles or Keenum when they could have got them for free. Maybe they tried and those guys weren't interested. Or maybe they just passed. Or maybe they saw Tyrod and thought they could fix him like we all did but they fell for it because they hadn't been down that road before like we all had.

How did he slay brady? I didnt know brady played defense. If new england haf any talent on defense outside of gilmore that played that game they would have won. They won the game against a defense filled with castoffs and practice squad signess.

Credit should be given to patricia for masking the flaws they had, they played exceptionally well after the carolina game and went from 31st to top 5 in scoring defense. Outside of 2011 this defense was one of the worst they went to a SB with.

Downplaying a flawless super bowl performance is a bold strategy.   

Brady held that L, should have held a few more from Atl and Sea.   

You're the pats guy right ?      It hurt to be sliced and diced by Foles didn’t it ???

• Haha (+1) 1

That game was hardly a defensive struggle. There was hardly any defense played. The Patriots stopped trying to win on defense by the mid 2000s. Foles led an aerial assault that slayed the evil empire of Brady and BB at their own game. It was beautiful to see. There were plenty of cast offs on the PHI defense as well. Several ex Bills. 

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Joe Montana was a backup- he was terrible!

Tom Brady was a backup- scrub!

Steve Young was a backup- get him off the field!

Your false equivalency is rather false 

43 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That game was hardly a defensive struggle. There was hardly any defense played. The Patriots stopped trying to win on defense by the mid 2000s. Foles led an aerial assault that slayed the evil empire of Brady and BB at their own game. It was beautiful to see. There were plenty of cast offs on the PHI defense as well. Several ex Bills. 

Yeah id take anyone of them philadelphia lineman over anything on new england.

22 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I agree with this to a point but Foles was also on fire for the whole playoffs. The system there was great and he had a lot of help from his teammates, but none of that would have mattered if he hadn't given one of the best QB performances in Super Bowl history. Saying it out loud I think we'd be crazy to not offer a 1st rounder for him. Wasn't his first time playing well either, he had one of the best QB seasons of all time in 2013.

i couldn't agree more! i don't get posters slamming him... such as he's done nothing in multiple stops. he's been on 3 friggin teams, one of which was qb hell the rams and then he backed up alex smith in k.c where he played very well......

......but coming off the bench late in the season others point out that he sucked the first couple of games. people are so fast to find anything negative to say about a guy that just gunned down min., then the pats and was superbowl mvp.....oh that was just luck. we haven't had a qb anything like him since kelly.

we should damn sure offer a 1st because he is that good and he could lead this team easily for at least 5 yrs. he's a perfect mcfit here. i'll tell you what, whoever gets him is going to go to the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Yeah id take anyone of them philadelphia lineman over anything on new england.

Most would, but that's the Pats and most would say they have a rather large advantage at QB in most games. Certainly over the likes of Foles. It was flat out impressive. A true slaying of the empire. That game gave football fans worldwide new hope. New faith that the world can indeed be a better place, that good (Peterson, Reich, Foles) CAN triumph over evil ( Brady, Belichick). Hope seemed lost after the brain farts of the Seahawks and Falcons bequeathed titles to the evil dark side. The Eagles win has renewed that hope for brighter days to come in the NFL.?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Most would, but that's the Pats and most would say they have a rather large advantage at QB in most games. Certainly over the likes of Foles. It was flat out impressive. A true slaying of the empire. That game gave football fans worldwide new hope. New faith that the world can indeed be a better place, that good (Peterson, Reich, Foles) CAN triumph over evil ( Brady, Belichick). Hope seemed lost after the brain farts of the Seahawks and Falcons bequeathed titles to the evil dark side. The Eagles win has renewed that hope for brighter days to come in the NFL.?

It didny give anyhope , he had one of his best statistical games of his career at 40. 

And ill inform you of something that comes from one of the best coaches in nfl history. Who knows more about the game and how its played and should br played than any of the message board crusaders. That Carrolls call to pass was not a bad decision. Its 2nd a goal, you have 1 timeout anf the clock is running down. You see the patriots in the same formation that lynch got stopped for a loss earlier in the game. They threw the ball, that season until that great play by butler nobody was intercepted at the goal line. Now of you run there and get stuffed you have to use a time out and you have 20 seconds or so left. Its obvious as day whats coming a pass on 3rd down and then likley a run on 4th down if they wanted to try to run it in. 

17 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'd rather not have Tyrod play any more games for the Bills. His ceiling has been reached, and its time to move on. 

I meant if there were only alternatives - trade more than a 1st and a 4th for a 1 year deal on Foles versus pay nothing more to have TT on a 1 year deal, I'd rather keep the picks.

I agree that TT has likely reached his summit with the Bills - a new OC isn't going to change that.  I just would hate to see us throw away draft capital on Foles with only 1 year remaining - especially if he decides he doesn't really want to come to Buffalo.  Maybe having Shady here will help, maybe not.  Effectively - you gave up on Mahomes for this pick + more, don't throw that away for Foles on a 1 year deal.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If you're gonna give up a 2nd and possibly more for Foles on a 1 year deal, might as well go all in and trade up for a Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.  

I agree.  Just as much risk of busting (has busted before) and not as much time under team control.  IMO Foles was a product of having a great supporting cast this season.  That being said I could be wrong about him.  I'm just not confident enough to give up what the eagles seem to want for him.