Bills need all 8 picks in the draft to get better.

Casmo

We have four picks in the first 56 picks - potentially all starters if we have the right scout personnel to guide Beane.  QBs are at high price in this draft, since everybody is slobbering over them. Let's not draft a QB.  Listen Tyrod can manage the game and has a winning record when a starter, so let's get some lineman and backers, possible receiver and get better.  

Doug Whaley traded up and it hurt us for a few years. Lets not do that again unless it is a sure thing and a missing piece.  We have several needs especially our O-line and D-lines.  Matthews and Benjamin will be at full strength too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Casmo said:

We have four picks in the first 56 picks - potentially all starters if we have the right scout personnel to guide Beane.  QBs are at high price in this draft, since everybody is slobbering over them. Let's not draft a QB.  Listen Tyrod can manage the game and has a winning record when a starter, so let's get some lineman and backers, possible receiver and get better.  

Doug Whaley traded up and it hurt us for a few years. Lets not do that again unless it is a sure thing and a missing piece.  We have several needs especially our O-line and D-lines.  Matthews and Benjamin will be at full strength too.

:lol:

he can "manage a game."

Let's shoot for the moon while we're at it huh?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Casmo said:

This thread is not going to go well for you my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Casmo said:

Buddy?  Buddy Nix?  Is that you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So "Tyrod can manage a game?"  He did  managed three points against the Jags. He is abysmal in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line. If your vision for the Bills is a perpetual 8 & 8 scenario, yes let's let Tyrod manage the game and use all our picks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

So "Tyrod can manage a game?"  He did  managed three points against the Jags. He is abysmal in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line. If your vision for the Bills is a perpetual 8 & 8 scenario, yes let's let Tyrod manage the game and use all our picks.

The "PLEASE DONT TRADE UP FOR A QB" cottage industry is rolling strong lately.

6 minutes ago, Casmo said:

I don't understand why you and some others act as if building the Bills into a perennial contender has to be accomplished in one offseason.  Beane is on the record as saying that acquiring a franchise QB is his primary responsibility as the GM and that will be the key to building a team that contends for championships on a sustained basis. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

It’s really expensive to trade up high in the first round. I don’t think it’s worth it however I really do like Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield. It’s going to be an interesting draft that’s for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unless the new scouting staff and Beane are sure their QB will be there at 21 this is the draft to try and trade up. The price will be high bidding against other teams needing a QB. I just hope the Browns sign Cousins and trade us #4. Another trade up to #2 if the Giants rather rebuild around Eli and take a QB later.

Pat Schurmur did wonders with Foles and Keenum.

Edited by ALF

I am not willing to wait any longer to keep kicking the bucket on a QB.

KC probably has their future franchise QB, Same with Houston. 2 guys we could have had last year. I assume the move they made was to be able to make a bold move this year (they probably didn't expect to be drafting in the 20's though)

if we sit back and not make a move 4 other teams might just have the face of their franchise as well. 

So let's wait, draft a qb next year. Is it supposed to be a good qb class like this year?  Or maybe there is no one as high in that class as this year. So now we are waiting 2 years. Then have him sit a year to learn. So in reality lets wait another 3 years to get this going. 

Not to mention in that time, Brees, Big Ben and Brady will soon be exiting and we will be competing with us looking for a qb.

Start the process now with the hope of our guy starting in 2019!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I want Rudolph at 21. He's going to rise up draft boards and should be within striking distance, we likely won't have to move. It's not that I think Darnold or Rosen aren't worth it (they are), I just think Rudolph is a franchise QB and we can keep all of our picks. Smart, awesome size, mobile, great deep ball. Listen to this guy in interviews, the way he handles the press, he is a professional and sounds like a 10 year vet. Any issue Rudolph has can be corrected, he can be taught and is teachable.

If they really Billieve in a QB I am ok with trading up.

They are going to need to fill some of the holes in FA though.

If they don't trade up I won't get my shorts in a knot over it.

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I want Rudolph at 21. He's going to rise up draft boards and should be within striking distance, we likely won't have to move. It's not that I think Darnold or Rosen aren't worth it (they are), I just think Rudolph is a franchise QB and we can keep all of our picks. Smart, awesome size, mobile, great deep ball. Listen to this guy in interviews, the way he handles the press, he is a professional and sounds like a 10 year vet. Any issue Rudolph has can be corrected, he can be taught and is teachable.

IMO that means you want the Bills to still be looking for their franchise QB in another year or two after it becomes evident that Rudolph isn't that guy.