Chris Brown: What Can We Expect from the Bills in Free Agency?

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

I thought the Saints were fools to trade their entire draft for Ricky Williams.  I think it would be foolish to overpay.  Let other tulip maniacs trade up for the 5 qbs- that will push down quality players to 21-22.  I heard one anonymous scout say there are a possible 40 first round grades.  The more we could haul from that top 40, the better

You think? 

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

You think? 

Yes I do.   The Saints traded their 1999 1st(12th pick), 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 2000  1st and 3rd to move up to 5th.  If we want to trade up to top 5, it would cost a lot more then that.  And then we would be fools like Ditka IMO

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't think we were hurting cap-wise? 

Also, I think the more that Beane and McD speak well about Tyrod, the more likely it is he is gone. At this point I would be surprised if they don't already know his market (even potentially have a couple informal offers on the table) and are ready to move him. 

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Nope no free agent QB's, keeping Tyrod and drafting another QB/ Might not even be in the 1st round.

I have the same feeling.

I feel Dabol sold the staff and F.O on the fact he can build a successful scheme around Taylor , which I think he can strive in the right scheme, he has a unique skillset , but the right scheme can do wonders for him.

The upgraded scheme plus what should be an upgraded roster, I feel we can be extremely successful, 10+ wins, while grooming the rookie and Peterman

I think there are two doors:

Door 1:  Tyrod is the "bridge" and day 1 starter

Door 2:  They have ~$10 mil to spend on a vet "bridge" QB IF someone will trade a draft pick for Tyrod.

As for the rest of FA, if the visits they've had and last year's signings show anything, it'll likely be looking for youngish undervalued role players who fit their system.  I would be relatively surprised to see a big splash.

The sleepy lemur is not a real journalist. He is a mouthpiece for the team and his sole job is to lower expectations.

Will they trade up for a QB? "I don't know, that could take a 'king's ransom'."

Will we sign anyone good in FA? "Cap isn't ideal, probably not, but maybe, blah blah blah."

You're better off looking for insight from a magic 8-ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

More "fly on the wall" stuff here.As we all know good GM''s never spill the "beanes" about their future plans. .who thought Sammy would go the way he did..also Darby? The Marcel move was obvious to the world..outside of that..OBD appears to have tight lips about almost everything..including updates on injuries from coach McD.

20 hours ago, Rico said:

If they don’t trade up, they can always get Tannehill after the Dolphins move up for Rosen. :ph34r:

Or, Fitzpatrick returns to Buffalo as the bridge QB for a conditional 7th rounder. And is backed up by Peterman. ^_^

17 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think there are two doors:

Door 1:  Tyrod is the "bridge" and day 1 starter

Door 2:  They have ~$10 mil to spend on a vet "bridge" QB IF someone will trade a draft pick for Tyrod.

As for the rest of FA, if the visits they've had and last year's signings show anything, it'll likely be looking for youngish undervalued role players who fit their system.  I would be relatively surprised to see a big splash.

Given Bortles' contract, $10M might be on the low side for a bridge type, if that's what they choose. 

11 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Or, Fitzpatrick returns to Buffalo as the bridge QB for a conditional 7th rounder. And is backed up by Peterman. ^_^

Given Bortles' contract, $10M might be on the low side for a bridge type, if that's what they choose. 

That's been my point with Tyrod all offseason.  He's certain got his warts, but I think it's going to be very hard to get a player with his ability at his price.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:15 PM, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Give Philly their #2 pick back for Nick foles and draft one of the qb’s that fall in the draft.Use the rest of the draft to bolster the lines.We would then gave 3 qb’s with Peterman being second string or the rookie beats him out for tge #2 spot.That would be pretty stable and solid for the qb position and it lets the Bills draft/free agents to fill out the roster for this up coming season...Could be a solid team on the rise going this route.You get some youth as you take your lumps with the dead part of the cap the Bills have to perservere through..I’d def be ok with Nick Foles as the wb for the next two/thhree sessons as either Peterman or our draftee develop..GO BILLS!!

i would freak if this happened. i would be so happy!.....somehow i still have the subconscious feeling of whaley drafting and handling things that i'm expecting....subconsciously to be very disappointed and seriously p'o'd. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

i would just draft rudolph or white and start peterman. we don't need a fitz or josh. just hire a ken dorsey type of qb coach and roll with it. we need monsters on the dline and some oline help with a good no.2 back....that's it. i would have faith in nate's development to get us to 10-6 at least.

On 3/2/2018 at 4:29 PM, whatdrought said:

I didn't think we were hurting cap-wise? 

Also, I think the more that Beane and McD speak well about Tyrod, the more likely it is he is gone. At this point I would be surprised if they don't already know his market (even potentially have a couple informal offers on the table) and are ready to move him. 

All the cuts and trades as part of the "process" cost us nearly 20 mil in dead cap space for 2018. 

Also, Wood and Tyrod could throw another 10-20 mil this season in dead cap money. The big hits though are Sammy and Dareus. 

Edited by Mango