Seahawks shopping DL Michael Bennett (update: Traded to Eagles)

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Foles (trade) and curry (trade or release) are definitely gone imo to be replaced by Sudfeld and Barnett. Bradham will walk.  

Torrey Smith would save them another $5M; Brent Celek another $4M; Mychal Kendricks another $4.4M

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

There is an awful lot of Foles/Buffalo noise right now. It makes me wonder?

I could definitely see it, if they don’t think they can realistically get to the 2nd pick for their guy and aren’t sold on the other QBs

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Foles (trade) and curry (trade or release) are definitely gone imo to be replaced by Sudfeld and Barnett. Bradham will walk.  

Bradham had a bad SB..but that was just one bad game all year and it came against a elite offense.I would gladly like him to replace Alexander on that outside spot.Shoot..give him 2 yrs at 8 per..with bonuses.

I really am struggling with the value some of these guys are getting. 

Robert Quinn for a 4th rounder

Michael Bennett for a 5th rounder and some bum receiver

Marcus Peters for a 2018 4th and 2019 2nd

Seriously? Bennett is an outstanding defensive linemen, equally great at rushing the passer from all positions on the line. Players like that shouldn't be available for a 5th round pick. What is that 5th round pick going to do for you? The odds that a 5th rounder will bust are pretty high, and they are more likely a backup then an impact player. 

If one team acquired all 3 players, they'd seriously upgrade their defense for  pretty much nothing. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Like seriously? Bennett is an outstanding defensive linemen, equally great at rushing the passer from all positions on the line. Getting him for a 5th? What?? 

$$$ If you're not going to pay a player, you may as well get something for them.

Edited by jeremy2020

4 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Like seriously? Bennett is an outstanding defensive linemen, equally great at rushing the passer from all positions on the line. Players like that shouldn't be available for a 5th round pick. First, the odds that a 5th rounder will bust are pretty high, and they are more likely a backup then an impact player. 

If one team acquired all 3 players, they'd seriously upgrade their defense for a pretty much nothing. 

It's the cap, teams get tied up and they are forced to deal good players and take what they can get for cap space.

10 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Like seriously? Bennett is an outstanding defensive linemen, equally great at rushing the passer from all positions on the line. Getting him for a 5th? What?? 

I think the media and we uninitiated folks on TBD view draft picks as way less valuable than they are. Some would suggest (as I would hope, but doubt in reality) that Glenn is worth a second or third round pick when in reality he might just be worth a 5th. Draft picks represent young talent and that's important in today's NFL. 

6 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

There are 8 teams with ~50+ million in cap space. 

Teams like the Jets or Bears should be making these trades left and right. 

True, but they have to be willing to make the deal also. Slot of the teams with the cap space are in full rebuild and may prefer to use the cap on younger players then on older vets. Those teams also have to feel that player fits in with what they want to do and how they play

And some of them are just poorly run

15 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Seriously? Bennett is an outstanding defensive linemen, equally great at rushing the passer from all positions on the line. Players like that shouldn't be available for a 5th round pick. What is that 5th round pick going to do for you? The odds that a 5th rounder will bust are pretty high, and they are more likely a backup then an impact player. 

If one team acquired all 3 players, they'd seriously upgrade their defense for a pretty much nothing. 

Used to be all about getting better.  Now it is better AND/OR cheaper.  I guess cheaper lets you keep the guys you value.  Look at Bills and Dareus

Edited by MarkyMannn