What are your top 5 QB's in this years draft??

1. Rosen - Best QB in this draft, Smart good arm, Mechanics best I have seen in years

2. Darnold - Issue with the INT rate, but another Solid QB.

3. Jackson - Impressed a lot with his growth as a QB in the pocket this year, freak athlete and a uber high ceiling

4. Mayfield - Gamer, Just not sure if we are already seeing his ceiling, has a lot of issues picking up and Seeing field presnap ala Bradford (has an issue seeing the blitz)

5. Allen - I would rank him higher as I think he has the highest ceiling out of them all, but after a HORRIBLE year I cannot put him ahead of the other 4.

One of these 4 please.

1)Rosen

2)Darnold

3)Mayfield

4)Rudolph

Billsy pick of what is left for 5th pick on this thread IMO. I guess better then nothing or other teams backups(Fitz,Tyrod)

5)Lauletta/White/Allen/Falk/Jackson

Edited by xRUSHx

1. Baker Mayfield -- if he were 2 inches taller, he'd be the slam dunk first overall pick in the draft. Will be the best of the bunch due to what's in his chest.
2. Josh Rosen -- Mechanics, arm strength, intelligence. If he didn't have character/leadership concerns, he'd ALSO be in the discussion as slam dunk first overall pick.
3. Lamar Jackson -- I'm much higher on his abilities as a quarterback than most. I'm also more confident that he'll make plays in the NFL than the guys listed below.
4. Sam Darnold -- I like his intangibles, arm strength, mobility, and his accuracy MOST OF THE TIME. His wonky throwing motion and turnover-prone nature worry me.
5. Josh Allen -- I absolutely HATE "perfect size, elite arm strength" prospects who can't actually, ya know, play quarterback. I hope the Bills stay far, far away.
6. Mason Rudolph -- I like his deep ball and his frame. I'm not sure he'll have the mental processing ability or nuance to his game needed to be a quality pro. 
7. White/Lauletta/Falk -- Throw these three names in a hat. Pull one out. You've just landed yourself a quality 10-year backup.

Edited by Logic

3 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

Simple question, who are your top 5 in this years draft? Here's mine....

5. Josh Allen & Mason Rudolph- but if I had to pick only 1, I'd pick Allen b/c of his raw potential. Allen could easily be the best QB in this draft. He could also be a huge bust.

4. Lamar Jackson- super athletic, better passer than  many give him credit for, and I think could be a better version of Cam Newton

3. Sam Darnold- Most natural passer. Checks all the boxes. Very solid prospect, and will probably the 1st overall pick

2. Baker Mayfield- don't care if he is short to NFL standards. He can play!! Very accurate, can make plays with his feet, and looks like a mix of Favre & Steve Young. Would love to draft this kid!!

1. Josh Rosen- IMHO, he's the best QB prospect since Luck. He can  make so many throws look so effortless. Reads the field well, highly intelligent, and I really hope all this smoke is true, and we make the move to get this stud!!

That's 6

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, nucci said:

That's 6

Yeah, I broke my rule!! I think these 6 guys are all first round guys, and after these 6, there is a HUGE drop off. Probably should've put that in my post, but I did state that if I had to pick one, I'd pick Allen over Rudolph

2 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

Yeah, I broke my rule!! I think these 6 guys are all first round guys, and after these 6, there is a HUGE drop off. Probably should've put that in my post, but I did state that if I had to pick one, I'd pick Allen over Rudolph

just having fun :D

Top to bottom ranking:

1. Rosen

2. Rudolph

3. Darnold

4. Jackson

5. Mayfield

To me, Mike White will be a better Pro than Mayfield, but based on collegiate production, you can't ignore Mayfield's potential. However, I didn't even rank Allen because IMHO you don't fix inaccurate and you don't completely overhaul tendencies, which he has poor mechanics when throwing off balance that is going to lead to high INT rates....also, those truly elite arm talent guys have been relying on that talent for so long and generally succeeding, that it's like trying to break an old wild stallion to be a stable horse....it ain't happenin'....Allen is one of the most gifted QBs to come out since Aaron Rodgers, but his game is full of flaws and I don't think a HC / QB Coach can fix it to the degree it needs to be fixed to be successful. I'm probably wrong....but oh well, those are my thoughts. 

• Sad 1

1. Darnold

2. Rosen  I think the gap between these two and the rest of the QB's in the draft is significant.

3. Allen

4. Rudolph

5. Mayfield

If the Browns pass on Darnold or Rosen for Mayfield or Allen I think the Bills are moving up. If not I could see  the top 6 gone before the Bills pick.

Edited by Section242

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Top to bottom ranking:

1. Rosen

2. Rudolph

3. Darnold

4. Jackson

5. Mayfield

To me, Mike White will be a better Pro than Mayfield, but based on collegiate production, you can't ignore Mayfield's potential. However, I didn't even rank Allen because IMHO you don't fix inaccurate and you don't completely overhaul tendencies, which he has poor mechanics when throwing off balance that is going to lead to high INT rates....also, those truly elite arm talent guys have been relying on that talent for so long and generally succeeding, that it's like trying to break an old wild stallion to be a stable horse....it ain't happenin'....Allen is one of the most gifted QBs to come out since Aaron Rodgers, but his game is full of flaws and I don't think a HC / QB Coach can fix it to the degree it needs to be fixed to be successful. I'm probably wrong....but oh well, those are my thoughts. 

Deep drafts like this always have a couple guys in the middle and late rounds that become starters. 

I'm betting on White becoming a starter out of the second round and Woodside becoming a starter out of the 4th or 5th round. It will probably be 4 or 5 years before we know who are the best QBs in this class. I think Rosen has legitimate durability concerns which is why he was second on my list. I have Rudolph as a similar prospect to Bridewater when he came out. I think there is a good chance he ends up as a starting QB but has some limitations due to arm strength. I don't think Jackson has the accuracy to develop into a starter at the NFL level, if I am wrong though that will be my biggest miss of all time because his athletic ability is unbelievable. It is hard to bet against Mayfield because of his production, arm talent, and competitive nature. I think he will become a starting QB but if I miss on this one I will have trouble putting a short QB in the first round again. 

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billspro said:

Deep drafts like this always have a couple guys in the middle and late rounds that become starters. 

I'm betting on White becoming a starter out of the second round and Woodside becoming a starter out of the 4th or 5th round. It will probably be 4 or 5 years before we know who are the best QBs in this class. I think Rosen has legitimate durability concerns which is why he was second on my list. I have Rudolph as a similar prospect to Bridewater when he came out. I think there is a good chance he ends up as a starting QB but has some limitations due to arm strength. I don't think Jackson has the accuracy to develop into a starter at the NFL level, if I am wrong though that will be my biggest miss of all time because his athletic ability is unbelievable. It is hard to bet against Mayfield because of his production, arm talent, and competitive nature. I think he will become a starting QB but if I miss on this one I will have trouble putting a short QB in the first round again. 

I understand regarding Rudolph, but I ask this question: if Rudolph had Mayfield’s arm, does he get into the top 10? To me, considering his arm is not a liability - just not great - it’s an over-hyped concern. His arm is plenty NFL ready IMO....people who link Rudy to the Offense at Ok. State continue a narrative that started 14 years ago when spread Offenses were really coming of age and the NFL resisted it on the whole. But now NFL Offenses are coming around to adapting because of how QBs are producing at the college level. I think Rudolph has serious potential to be a very good to great QB. I could definitely believe his floor is Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins and his ceiling could be Phillip Rivers.