Zach Brown?

I found the that decision to not attempt at least to my knowledge to retain him.  He seemed like to me a natural fit.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I read he wants like 10 million a year..

Top 3 money for linebackers. 

Now that is just crazy.

I do think he is probably worth around the $6-$8m a year range but $10m??

I don't think character/personality wise he is the type of player that this regime will go after. I believe there is a reason he only received a 1 yr offer after putting together a solid 2016 season for the Bills. Maybe like another poster mentioned his financial demands were ridiculous. I think teams are worried about paying him a bunch of money and him not living up to contract. 

Edited by billieve420

8 minutes ago, ******* said:

Saw that LB Zach Brown is a FA. What are yinzers thoughts about bringing him back? Seems like with his speed he’d be a fit in this defense. He’s 28. 

Gerald Hodges is out there as a free agent too. I'd be interested in him. Brown is good but I think Hodges would be a less expensive option with not much of a downgrade over Brown.

12 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Gerald Hodges is out there as a free agent too. I'd be interested in him. Brown is good but I think Hodges would be a less expensive option with not much of a downgrade over Brown.

We brought Hodges in, he couldn't beat out Ramon Humber and then we cut him during final cuts.  

Zach Brown signed here two years ago for less than $2m on a 1 year deal.  Say what you like about him betting on himself has worked.  He has had two big years on 1 year deals in different systems.  I expect he finally signs a longer deal somewhere this time around.  But who knows?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Heard Lorenzo Alexander talking about him on the John Murphy show a few weeks back.  Said he has great physical ability, but lacks in studying area.  I believe they were comparing him with Preston Brown, and Lorenzo basically said you prefer to have someone like Preston who may lack a bit in speed but makes up for it with his study habits and being two steps ahead of everyone else mentally.  Went on to say you dont necessarily get that from Zach. 

44 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Didn't the Bills bring Hodges in last off season for a look?

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports impending free agent ILB Zach Brown wants "top-three inside linebacker" money.

Luke Kuechly ($12.36 million), Bobby Wagner ($10.75 million), and Alec Ogletree ($10.5 million) are currently the league's three highest-paid inside linebackers.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7510/zach-brown

He settled for a 1-year $2.3M deal after coming off a Pro Bowl season.  He didn't make the Pro Bowl last season and now wants to be paid in the top-3?  Good luck with that one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1