Random Bills and what you remember them for

Walter Broughton- a WR and kick returner in the mid-80's. I remember a preseason game where he dropped two long passes that should have been touchdowns. After that, whenever my cousins and I played pickup football, and someone dropped the ball, we immediately taunted them with a "Walter Broughton" chant.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Derrick Holmes and the massive hit he took from Gary Plummer at the 1 yard line.  Fumbled and I believe the 49ers returned it to the house.

Changed the momentum of the game.

I was sitting in the end zone seats when that play happened. :angry:

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Yes, but I didn't see the ball come out.

I saw Jim Kelly make a dive to the ground, and the next thing I see is Lee Woodall running the other way.

On TV, they showed the replay without any commentary just so the audience can hear the sound of the impact.  Yes...it was hell of an impact.

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

FB Jamie Mueller #39/#41

he caught the game winning TD pass from Kelly in the first Bills game I ever went to.

jets - 27

bills - 30.

Yes and he went to Benedictine college just down the road from me.  Tiny school.  Shows you that some scouts dig deep. 

Also Carl Byrum, FB and he crossed the picket line during '87 strike as did Lawrence Taylor for the Giants.  Bills and Giants played a 6-3 OT thriller I believe with strike teams and Taylor when interviewed after the game complimented Byrum as "a guy who can play in the league".  Taylor apparently didn't know Carl was a real Bill.