Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

If all of this information is accurate, the Bills could trade with Tampa to #7 and take Rosen and only need to give up the 3rd Round pick they received from Browns for Tyrod. That would make your above scenario: 12 & 65 for Rosen / Rashaan Evans or Vander Esch / Tre White for Mahomes, Cordy, and TBD 3rd Rounder

If Barkley goes 2, I think the Browns shop pick 4 hard.  If we know they are calling around, I don't think we let someone else make a deal.  I would love to hold onto 22 and all our 2019 picks and walk out with Rosen, but I'm not entirely sure if that's realistic.  12 / 53 / 56 for 4 is value for the Browns, they won't get an insane premium, but still get their DB and add 2 more day 2 picks.

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Giants not trading out of 2. Gettleman keeps things very close to the vest but will take Barkley. The Bills gave tried to trade for the pick many, many, many times since mid January. No trade

Ugh Gettleman is nuts if he takes a running back over a slew of picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

If Barkley goes 2, I think the Browns shop pick 4 hard.  If we know they are calling around, I don't think we let someone else make a deal.  I would love to hold onto 22 and all our 2019 picks and walk out with Rosen, but I'm not entirely sure if that's realistic.  12 / 53 / 56 for 4 is value for the Browns, they won't get an insane premium, but still get their DB and add 2 more day 2 picks.

You are probably right....but I think that's over payment and not one I would be comfortable with given the aforementioned scenario. I look at Miami and think, they have big money in Tannehill and I don't think they can make the jump to 4 without multiple years' picks and that's asking for Gase to be fired since they've lost Landry and Suh. I think Miami knows they're tied to Tannehill's contract and need play-makers to help him and replace Landry at 11 ala Ridley. Then Defense in Round 2, DT is deep this year without the money or the headaches of Suh. Other than them, IF and it's a tremendous IF, all other info is right, no one wants a QB as early as the Bills outside of the Browns and Jets....so at that point you're bidding against yourself. If Rosen makes it past the Broncos, you have to play it cool and know the asking price for the next four spots before the Draft begins with this scenario in mind. If it seems like an easy asking price, you do it, if it's multiple 1st round picks, you stay put.l 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

One thing for sure, the Giants taking Barkley #2 is best case scenario for us, by far.

I'm waiting for Beane to trade just 12 / 22, walk away with Rosen and essentially trade Mahomes and Cordy for Rosen and Tre White.  That would make this whole saga worth it.

My money says... IF IT"s Cleveleand, they will take our #12 but they will want picks next year. our 1st in 2019 and maybe a latter rd 2019 pick and change. They have a ton of picks this year and would want to spread the wealth out IMO

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

My money says... IF IT"s Cleveleand, they will take our #12 but they will want picks next year. our 1st in 2019 and maybe a latter rd 2019 pick and change. They have a ton of picks this year and would want to spread the wealth out IMO

If Barkley goes #2, I think Beane is going to laugh anyone asking for the 2019 1st off the phone.

25 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

You are probably right....but I think that's over payment and not one I would be comfortable with given the aforementioned scenario. I look at Miami and think, they have big money in Tannehill and I don't think they can make the jump to 4 without multiple years' picks and that's asking for Gase to be fired since they've lost Landry and Suh. I think Miami knows they're tied to Tannehill's contract and need play-makers to help him and replace Landry at 11 ala Ridley. Then Defense in Round 2, DT is deep this year without the money or the headaches of Suh. Other than them, IF and it's a tremendous IF, all other info is right, no one wants a QB as early as the Bills outside of the Browns and Jets....so at that point you're bidding against yourself. If Rosen makes it past the Broncos, you have to play it cool and know the asking price for the next four spots before the Draft begins with this scenario in mind. If it seems like an easy asking price, you do it, if it's multiple 1st round picks, you stay put.l 

You think 12 / 53 / 56 for 4 is an offensive overpayment?

Look at the board mock draft thread. There's not one player available around 53 I'd hesitate giving up to get our QB.  If we can get one of the QBs while holding on to #22 and all our future picks, it's a slam dunk win.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If Barkley goes #2, I think Beane is going to laugh anyone asking for the 2019 1st off the phone.

It will still cost multiple 1sts to move up.. I can easily see 2019 being in play ESPECIALLY if its Cleveland at #4... If he gets to move up for less than that is a heluva deal

Edited by ddaryl

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You think 12 / 53 / 56 for 4 is an offensive overpayment?

Look at the board mock draft thread. There's not one player available around 53 I'd hesitate giving up to get our QB.  If we can get one of the QBs while holding on to #22 and all our future picks, it's a slam dunk win.

Personally, I think it's an overpayment, but that's more because of my evaluation of this year's QBs along with the state of this team rather than the actual trade itself. I'd rather stay at 12 or make a smaller move up to hop in front of Miami.

Edited by DCOrange

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

The thing I don't understand, is the Bills are fighting to move to #4....but after Broncos, no one besides Miami will want a QB before the Bills pick at 12. So, if the info is believed to be true (not saying is or isn't), then Rosen, Jackson, and probably Allen are there are 12. Why trade up? 

Well the risk you run if you don't move up at all is someone else then trades up to 8 or 9 to get the QB.  All of a sudden it becomes easier for a team like say with two 1st round picks to get up to #8, but would take too much for them to go all he way to #4.  Others even with one 1st round could offer multiple 2nd or 3rd's to get up that high.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well the risk you run if you don't move up at all is someone else then trades up to 8 or 9 to get the QB.  All of a sudden it becomes easier for a team like say with two 1st round picks to get up to #8, but would take too much for them to go all he way to #4.  Others even with one 1st round could offer multiple 2nd or 3rd's to get up that high.

Exactly.  Even if there's 2 QBs on the board, once you let it get to pick 7, 8, 9 there's a chance someone else moves up to take one, then the 49ers and / or Raiders don't want to move back, then Miami gets the other one right in front of you.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He picked a RB with great receiving ability in the top ten last year. It turns out to have been a good pick.

Yeah....10 & 2 are a bit different. Just saying. No way in he'll would Barkley be more of a team changer than Chubb. Guess we'll see soon enough

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He picked a RB with great receiving ability in the top ten last year. It turns out to have been a good pick.

He used the 8th overall pick for Decaf when he could have taken Cook in the 2nd or Kamara or Hunt. Hard to say that the pick was well spent.