Reuben Foster arrested for second time this offseason; DV suspected

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Innocent until proved guilty. A lot of piling on because of ignorance and jealousy.

It took two months to decide whether there was enough evidence to charge Foster with a crime after he allegedly punched the woman in the head 8 - 10 times?

So we are supposed to believe that the woman was allegedly punched in the head by a 230 lb football player 8 - 10 times and she only sustained bruises and a ruptured ear drum (which can be caused by a number of things)? How could something this vicious happen and there not be overwhelming evidence of a crime that would lead to immediate charges?

The story sounds fishy. Maybe there is someone here in law enforcement who can make sense of it.

The police got a call for a disturbance at a residence. They went to the scene where both parties were. The woman had bruises and was bloodied. She claimed she was hit by her partner. This is a classic domestic violence case where the police are obligated to make an arrest based on probable clause. The evidence was clear that she was battered and that she shared a residence with the other party. 

Just because there is an arrest that doesn't mean that immediate charges are officially  brought. The case is brought to the prosecuting office where an investigation was started. There is nothing unusual for this type of case to take time before official charges are made because it still needed to be investigated. Neighbors are interviewed, family members are interviewed, friends may be interviewed and a background check may be involved. It takes time. The prosecuting offense that handles these type of domestic cases are overwhelmed with cases. It takes time. The police arrested him based on probable cause and then he went before a magistrate where a  bond was established. He posted it and was released. 

There is nothing fishy here. TV crime stories are quickly disposed of. Not in the real world. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

So you have convicted him already. I haven’t. I’ll wait for the facts to come out. 

I believe in the presumption of innocence.

Im going to exit now.  I can’t take you serious anymore because every time I read your posts, I hear it in the same voice and mannerisms as Vern from Stand By Me.  In fact, I’m going to call you Vern from now on.

” Cricket chirp, cricket chirp....”

”Rosen”

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

The police got a call for a disturbance at a residence. They went to the scene where both parties were. The woman had bruises and was bloodied. She claimed she was hit by her partner. This is a classic domestic violence case where the police are obligated to make an arrest based on probable clause. The evidence was clear that she was battered and that she shared a residence with the other party. 

Just because there is an arrest that doesn't mean that immediate charges are officially  brought. The case is brought to the prosecuting office where an investigation was started. There is nothing unusual for this type of case to take time before official charges are made because it still needed to be investigated. Neighbors are interviewed, family members are interviewed, friends may be interviewed and a background check may be involved. It takes time. The prosecuting offense that handles these type of domestic cases are overwhelmed with cases. It takes time. The police arrested him based on probable cause and then he went before a magistrate where a  bond was established. He posted it and was released. 

There is nothing fishy here. TV crime stories are quickly disposed of. Not in the real world. 

Well, I guess we’ll find out in time what the facts of the case are.

Edited by Sky Diver

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

No ones coming after him because he’s a bama guy.

we are all questioning whether you can credibly discuss any issue that’s even remotely bama related.

Are we going to start blaming the alma maters of every college graduate that gets arrested now? Whatever Foster may or may not have done is on him.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Are we going to start blaming the alma maters of every college graduate that gets arrested now? Whatever Foster may or may not have done is on him.

Again - we don’t care that he went to bama

we are saying you care 

58 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You don't have  to know all the facts to come to a conclusion. What we know for sure is that the police were called to the residence in regards to a disturbance. I don't know whether it was the victim or a neighbor who called. We also know that a woman was battered in a home that was shared by her partner. It's safe to conclude that there was an argument. The issue of who started it is irrelevant. She was someone who was hit by her partner. If you on his behalf want to make the claim that she injured herself to get him in trouble then you are making a claim that is outlandish and will be considered so by the authorities and if it gets to a jury by the people judging the case. The fact that he is a professional football player and built like a gladiator will work against him if he tries to make the claim that he feared her and felt threatened and had to fight her off. 

This is a case where you don't have to be intimately familiar with the law. The domestic assault law is simple enough for laymen to understand. If common sense is applied to the merits of this case the outcome is very predictable. 

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Hope you come back and visit when he’s convicted/pleads guilty.

Isn’t there UA board you can slither off to and pollute in the meantime?

15 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Innocent until proved guilty. A lot of piling on because of ignorance and jealousy.

It took two months to decide whether there was enough evidence to charge Foster with a crime after he allegedly punched the woman in the head 8 - 10 times?

So we are supposed to believe that the woman was allegedly punched in the head by a 230 lb football player 8 - 10 times and she only sustained bruises and a ruptured ear drum (which can be caused by a number of things)? How could something this vicious happen and there not be overwhelming evidence of a crime that would lead to immediate charges?

The story sounds fishy. Maybe there is someone here in law enforcement who can make sense of it.

I've worked in and around law enforcement for 20 years. Yes, it definitely can make sense. We don't know all the facts, but let me throw out one scenario that's quite common:  

- domestic violence incident

- victim, or sometimes a neighbor or even a child calls police

- police come, victim not cooperative

- police assign investigator, victim learns a little about domestic violence, is convinced to cooperate

- DA files charges

And, of course, it works the other way too. Sometimes the victim tells the whole story, then recants. Or case goes to trial, jury impaneled, victim doesn't show (remember that case in the news a few months ago with the irate judge in Florida when this happened?) or gives weak "I don't really remember what happened/what I said" testimony. 

All I know is that the DA typically won't file charges unless he/she believes the crime has been committed and there's a reasonable likelihood of getting a conviction.  Are DAs and cops perfect? No. Do they sometimes overreach? Sure. But in the vast majority of the time, the system chugs along to an appropriate decision, based on the evidence, of whether or not to prosecute.

By the way, most cops I've known hate being called to the scene on domestic violence incidents. First, they're dangerous. Emotions are high, people are often impaired, they do irrational things. The ones who get assigned to longer term to investigate these cases, and the DAs who (usually voluntarily) take on these cases are people worthy of our admiration. It's tough. Victims (let's face it, 99% women) often change their stories - they've got other things to worry about like keeping marriages and homes and families together. They may fear their husbands/boyfriends, but more typically the husband/boyfriend goes into full pleading/desperation "I'll never do it again, I promise" mode, and it often works. These cops and DAs are remarkably patient, much more so than I ever could be ... it's a mess, but law enforcement usually takes some solace in the idea that maybe they're making things a little bit better, every now and then, by using the strong persuasion of the law to change behavior before it's too late ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've worked in and around law enforcement for 20 years. Yes, it definitely can make sense. We don't know all the facts, but let me throw out one scenario that's quite common:  

- police assign investigator, victim learns a little about domestic violence, is convinced to cooperate

- DA files charges

And, of course, it works the other way too. Sometimes the victim tells the whole story, then recants. Or case goes to trial, jury impaneled, victim doesn't show (remember that case in the news a few months ago with the irate judge in Florida when this happened?) or gives weak "I don't really remember what happened/what I said" testimony. 

All I know is that the DA typically won't file charges unless he/she believes the crime has been committed and there's a reasonable likelihood of getting a conviction.  Are DAs and cops perfect? No. Do they sometimes overreach? Sure. But in the vast majority of the time, the system chugs along to an appropriate decision, based on the evidence, of whether or not to prosecute.

By the way, most cops I've known hate being called to the scene on domestic violence incidents. First, they're dangerous. Emotions are high, people are often impaired, they do irrational things. The ones who get assigned to longer term to investigate these cases, and the DAs who (usually voluntarily) take on these cases are people worthy of our admiration. It's tough. Victims (let's face it, 99% women) often change their stories - they've got other things to worry about like keeping marriages and homes and families together. They may fear their husbands/boyfriends, but more typically the husband/boyfriend goes into full pleading/desperation "I'll never do it again, I promise" mode, and it often works. These cops and DAs are remarkably patient, much more so than I ever could be ... it's a mess, but law enforcement usually takes some solace in the idea that maybe they're making things a little bit better, every now and then, by using the strong persuasion of the law to change behavior before it's too late ...

I wanted to kid about what a lousy Bama fan you are, but this is too serious and too sad to make light of. You never know what happened in any one situation, but you know this is real and many, many people are living in pain and fear, their own personal hell. Cops have a really tough job.  I pray they find a better way to address this nightmare. 

Lynch is a hypocrite. He cut Tramaine Brock without even a police investigation, no hospitalization, and no case. WIth Foster, the girl went to the hospital with a shattered eardrum, the police have filed charges and yet, he does nothing. 

I am all for inncoent until proven guilty and would be happy to get Foster if he is innocent, but as far as Lynch is concerned - he was so holier than thou when the Brock thing happened - now with a first round pick - he wants to wait for the legal process to play out.

Not all dmv accusations are true, but the lynch mob menality here wants to condemn Foster without knowing any of the facts or details of the case.

This guy had his life ruined by false dmv allegations.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/10/how-false-domestic-violence-charge-ruined-nba-career-j-delgado/

Edited by Sky Diver

36 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Lynch is a hypocrite. He cut Tramaine Brock without even a police investigation, no hospitalization, and no case. WIth Foster, the girl went to the hospital with a shattered eardrum, the police have filed charges and yet, he does nothing. 

I am all for inncoent until proven guilty and would be happy to get Foster if he is innocent, but as far as Lynch is concerned - he was so holier than thou when the Brock thing happened - now with a first round pick - he wants to wait for the legal process to play out.

A ruptured ear drum can be caused by an ear infection or the pressure drop during a flight. Have you seen the medical report regarding the woman’s injuries? If she did in fact have a ruptured ear drum, how do you know it was caused by Foster?

No one has any facts or details, yet y’all presume he is guilty. I am going to do the logical and reasonable thing and wait for the facts of the case to come out.

If he is proved guilty, he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- DA files charges

Thanks for shedding light on my question.

Edited by Sky Diver

11 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Not all dmv accusations are true, but the lynch mob menality here wants to condemn Foster without knowing any of the facts or details of the case.

This guy had his life ruined by false dmv allegations.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/10/how-false-domestic-violence-charge-ruined-nba-career-j-delgado/

His life was not ruined in the slightest. According to his Wikipedia page he has been on an NBA team every year since 2009. The charges were filed in April of 2014 and dropped in August of the same year, and he was signed by the Pelicans that December. It sucks what he went through and the girlfriend who made it should have been charged, but the investigation was wrapped up rather quickly and he suffered no long term consequences. If Foster's girlfriend is lying that will come out but a ruptured ear drum is not easy to fake. They didn't arrest him after a 2 month investigation over nothing.

More to the point, it's extremely weird how willing you are to jump to Foster's defense while simultaneously calling Rosen undraftable for his "character concerns."

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

His life was not ruined in the slightest. According to his Wikipedia page he has been on an NBA team every year since 2009. The charges were filed in April of 2014 and dropped in August of the same year, and he was signed by the Pelicans that December. It sucks what he went through and the girlfriend who made it should have been charged, but the investigation was wrapped up rather quickly and he suffered no long term consequences. If Foster's girlfriend is lying that will come out but a ruptured ear drum is not easy to fake. They didn't arrest him after a 2 month investigation over nothing.

More to the point, it's extremely weird how willing you are to jump to Foster's defense while simultaneously calling Rosen undraftable for his "character concerns."

I’m not defending him. I am waiting for the facts of the case.

Interesting how you so quickly write off the personal turmoil that the falsely accused basketball player went through. How do you know that he didn’t suffer any long term consequences?  I suspect that he has.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Domdab99 said:

Thats because they’re not under contract, Dumbass

So when Jerry Jones puts his arms around his kneeling players and kneels with them, he actually wants to fire them all, but they are "under contract"?

And i appreciate you capitalizing the D in Dumbass.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So when Jerry Jones puts his arms around his kneeling players and kneels with them, he actually wants to fire them all, but they are "under contract"?

And i appreciate you capitalizing the D in Dumbass.

What does one have to do with another? That's a false equivalency. (look it up)

Jerry Jones did not do that during the National Anthem. He did it before the National Anthem. You should really know something about what you're using as an example. 

And I'm a grammar nit. Since I'm addressing you specifically as a Dumbass, I just figured it was better to capitalize it.  :) 

Edited by Domdab99