Car Drives Over Spilled Liquefied Petroleum Gas

TSNBDSC

The person appeared to get out of the car in front and run down the side of the highway towards the filming car that kept reversing

The car that drove over it and ignited the fire it looked like they were trying to get out but stayed in because the fire was all around (the door opens but it doesn't look like anyone got out)

Looks like somewhere in Europe from the licence plates

10 hours ago, Doc said:

I meant the car that started the fire. 

That's what I'm talking about ... I watched this on a 17" monitor and after the initial fireball you could see someone get out of the drivers side of the car, wait a couple seconds and then go back. The passenger side door then opened and someone else got out, they then both ran towards the median.

It looked like just ahead of both vehicles, on the right shoulder of the road was a crashed tanker truck.

8 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

That's what I'm talking about ... I watched this on a 17" monitor and after the initial fireball you could see someone get out of the drivers side of the car, wait a couple seconds and then go back. The passenger side door then opened and someone else got out, they then both ran towards the median.

It looked like just ahead of both vehicles, on the right shoulder of the road was a crashed tanker truck.

Yeah, you're right.  They waited until the fire subsided a bit and then got out. 

3 hours ago, Azalin said:

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that China uses western alpha-numerics on their license plates?

Not at all surprising considering Chinese language and the difficulty it would be to get system which would work with Chinese computers, licenses, etc.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Not at all surprising considering Chinese language and the difficulty it would be to get system which would work with Chinese computers, licenses, etc.

That makes perfect sense to me. I just didn't realize that they had adopted any kind of western characters in any kind of applications over there.

This looks a lot worse than it is.  That initial big flash is vapor igniting, but that quickly burns out and there isn't much fuel in its place to keep the fire going, which is why the guy who ignited it hopped out of his vehicle and was standing in the middle of the road without too much trouble a few seconds after the fire started.

Below is a similar incident; the driver (Jos Verstappen) was fine after this; he had a little red skin around his eyebrow area...it's all just vapor flash.  Looks exciting but it's not that big a deal.

15 hours ago, Azalin said:

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that China uses western alpha-numerics on their license plates?

Many of the road signs there also have English translations with the Chinese. Which made it interesting when I was there that we could see a cooling tower, the road side sign said Nuclear Plant, yet our tour guide insisted it was not a Nuclear Plant. 

• Haha (+1) 1